Interest CRONOS - "Vampire Device"!!! (24k Gold-Plated Metal)

UPDATE:

Here's the inside of the Cronos Device!

You'll notice the large magnet, which is glued into place. This piece, being a display piece, will need to be handled with care. It's a durable piece and the gold-plating itself is quite durable, but the gold-plating can eventually be damaged if not handled with care. The legs are a tight fit going through the side holes of the device, as well as when they are crammed together on the inside. The brass rods that go through the ends of the legs to keep them in place have a bit of hot glue added to the tips, so they will not scratch any parts of the legs.
So, when pulling the legs out and putting them back in, do it slowly and carefully, and your Cronos Device will enjoy a long life.

I have concerns on the aspect of gluing!!:unsure:
As far as I understand, the glue is purely to prevent scratching. Or do you mean the magnet? Looks large enought to me to have plenty of surface to be glued on. If it's hot glue, I guess it will never come loose...

As far as I understand, the glue is purely to prevent scratching. Or do you mean the magnet? Looks large enought to me to have plenty of surface to be glued on. If it's hot glue, I guess it will never come loose...

I added hot glue to the tips of the rods, because when it dries, it's like a hard rubber, and won't come off unless you really pry it off. Under the functions it's under, the glue should not come off. Neither should the magnet!
Remember, if there ever is a problem with your Cronos Device, you can send it back to me for repair. If it breaks because of faulty assembly on my part, I'll fix it for free. If you break it by dropping it or some other accident, I will have spare parts on hand to fix your device for a price.

UPDATE:

I have about 6 of the Devices ready and will be sending out 'Payment Due' PM's tomorrow!
I'm still assembling the rest of the devices and they will be shipped as soon as they are complete!

Here's the Cronos Device with the "NEW" Drawings!

Also, the Device you see here in the photos is better than the one I took photos of a few months before. This one was cast in a spin-casting machine, which makes sure all the details are as crisp and clean as the original clay sculpture. The one in the photos I posted months back was gravity-cast into a rubber mold. It looks pretty detailed, but that was the best casting out of 5 tries, and it still had a little missing detail, which is why I switched this over to a spin-casting machine.

So, what you see here in the photos below, is what you will receive, along with the updated drawings!

Also, watch the video below!

The video will show how to work the device, pull the legs out, and put them back in without the legs getting all caught on each other inside the device. The turning knob on top does nothing but turn and has no function, except to look awesome!
You'll see that before you pose the device on its' legs, make sure they are all pulled all the way out and hanging down before spreading them out and set onto the surface. This allows the legs to clear the magnet and not get caught on it when spreading the legs out.
Follow how I do it in the video and you shouldn't have a problem. Also, refer back to the picture of the inside of the device to get an idea how the legs should be when legs retracted in. You won't be able to see the legs go in this order, but closing each leg one after the other on each side will stack them together like in the inside photo.
Feel free to ask any questions, if any of this is confusing!

VIDEO:

2Cronos1sm.jpg

2Cronos2sm.jpg

2Cronos3sm.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! The legs mechanics look a bit of a hassle, but I couldn't think of a better solution, either. And since this will be on display only, I don't see this as a big issue.

Payment will follow later this week!

Question, why was the Cronos and the Clock of ages, chosen in cast pewter instead of brass, except for the brass rods ,wearing will occur on the gold plating over time, but brass and gold are a close match even when the plating starts to wear, the pewter will show if the prop is handled to often, I assume pewter is more cost effective.

Last edited:
Question, why was the Cronos and the Clock of ages, chosen in cast pewter instead of brass, except for the brass rods ,wearing will occur on the gold plating over time, but brass and gold are a close match even when the plating starts to wear, the pewter will show if the prop is handled to often, I assume pewter is more cost effective.

To cast in brass is a different process (Lost Wax Casting with a forge) and very expensive. Plus, cleaning and polishing is also more labor intensive.
The gold-platers I use put a nice thick layer on the pewter. So, unless you're being very abusive with it, I wouldn't worry about it wearing off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back