Interest CRONOS - "Vampire Device"!!! (24k Gold-Plated Metal)

Question, why was the Cronos and the Clock of ages, chosen in cast pewter instead of brass, except for the brass rods ,wearing will occur on the gold plating over time.
My clock of ages still looks exactly the same like when I got it. Off course it's not handled very often. It's on display from time to time the dust is taken off. But no issue with the plating so far...

Question, why was the Cronos and the Clock of ages, chosen in cast pewter instead of brass, except for the brass rods ,wearing will occur on the gold plating over time, but brass and gold are a close match even when the plating starts to wear, the pewter will show if the prop is handled to often, I assume pewter is more cost effective.

Also, to plate it in Gold, they first plate it in Copper, then Nickel, and then Gold. So, it's a thick metal plating! :cool: (y)

Getting my funds together to pay the import taxes once it get's here :(. These things are about 25% more expensive for people in Europe... Why aren't we in a free trading zone with the US? ;)

Just got mine as well, words can't do it justice. One of the most beautiful and intricate replicas I own for sure.

I remember having just finished watching Cronos one day and thinking 'wouldn't it be nice to have a replica of that bug thing', right before discovering RelicMaker's project thread. And now here we are. Amazing work.

Hi ,B
Are all the CRONOS, back from the Gold Plater, also why was a magnet put in place, when the medal you used is not magnetized ,any reason? I'm not into metallurgy just inquisitive!

Getting my funds together to pay the import taxes once it get's here :(. These things are about 25% more expensive for people in Europe... Why aren't we in a free trading zone with the US? ;)
Just got my import tax bill... €128 (that's about $140) :( . Cutsoms are thieves... Not much to do about it I guess. Will picking up the package this week. I hope it's awesome!

Just got my Cronos device from the postal office, but the little bugger is rather difficult to place on the extended legs. The tend to just fall flat. Is this normal?

Just got my Cronos device from the postal office, but the little bugger is rather difficult to place on the extended legs. The tend to just fall flat. Is this normal?
Yeah, it's a little tricky. Watch the video that he posted. You basically have to extends the legs all the way and then move them slowly until it holds it up.

Like MiamiLoco said, it's tricky, and it's best to see how I do it in the video. Make sure they are all the way out and hanging down before you pinch all the claws between your fingers and spread it them outward.

Managed to get it on it's feet, but I found a much more elegant solution that poses the device even better: just put a little transparant ball stand underneath, and it will keep the body at the right hight and you can very easily pose each individual leg. The legs will also not be stressed by carrying the weight of the body (which is quite heavy) this way. I bought these stands quite a while ago from this guy:

Another tip for the buyers: I noticed some black spots on some parts where I didn't like it (like the "sucking needle"). Seems that these spots can be rubbed away. These are not flaws in the goldplating, but I guess residue from the aging wash/paint/fluid?

Anyway, I like it. Would have been perfect if the legs worked a little better, but I completely understand that this is almost impossible to achieve, due to the nature of the prop. But I'm happy with the way I'll be displaying it (on the acrylic stand).

If it's of any help, I find that it holds its place pretty well on three legs alone, then you can adjust the others without trying to get them all right at once. Overall I haven't had much trouble posing it.

Just a little FYI:

If the aging seems to be too much aging for you guys, it can easily be taken off or adjusted with Rubbing Alcohol and a cotton swab (Q-tip). It's only a diluted ink-wash. So, it will come right off with Rubbing Alcohol! :cool: (y)

So this is the stand I'm talking about:

DSC_1101 (2).JPG

And here are some pictures of the device on the stand. As you can see, it's not that noticable, and I it keeps the device stable. Even if a few legs "slip", the device itself will stay nicely put.

DSC_1102 (2).JPG

DSC_1103 (2).JPG

DSC_1104 (2).JPG

DSC_1105 (2).JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back