Interest Indiana Jones - "SOLID BRONZE" IMAM Staff of Ra Headpiece!!!

Where did you get the wood/branch display stand that the necklace headpiece is hanging off of? It looks great.
First of all, thank you so much. I do greatly appreciate it.

I got it from PetSmart, back in May. It's for an aquarium and it was an ugly yellowish color. Here is what I did:

• Chopped a branch of to make it more slender.
  • Filled in the cut off piece as it is hollow and another massive hole it already had with Miliput, textured the putty to resemble the grain.
  • Gave it a brownish paint wash, the dry brushed it with light grey to give it some highlights and texture, with some minor yellow.
  • Sealed it with a matte spray
  • Made a wood/rock looking base with some spare wood I had. Took an angle grinder to it with a cutoff wheel to make it look choppy, give it texture. Then a paint wash with some dry brush highlights.
I have never done this before and since I couldn't find a tree / wood branch looking thing like in Raiders, then I decided to do this in the spirit of Marion's Bar and what she hung the headpiece on.

It's not perfect but I am happy with it. It does the job.

The headpiece isn't one from this thread. I already had this one with the chain.

Attachments

• Tree 1.jpg
    Tree 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
  • Tree 2.jpg
    Tree 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • Tree 3.jpg
    Tree 3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • Tree 4.jpeg
    Tree 4.jpeg
    872.2 KB · Views: 88

I got it from PetSmart, back in May. It's for an aquarium and it was an ugly yellowish color. Here is what I did:

• Filled in the cut off piece as it is hollow and another massive hole it already had with Miliput, textured the putty to resemble the grain.
  • Gave it a brownish paint wash, the dry brushed it with light grey to give it some highlights and texture, with some minor yellow.
  • Made a wood/rock looking base with some spare wood I had. Took an angle grinder to it with a cutoff wheel to make it look choppy, give it texture. Then a paint wash with some dry brush highlights.
I have never done this before and since I couldn't find a tree / wood branch looking thing like in Raiders, then I decided to do this in the spirit of Marion's Bar and what she hung the headpiece on.

The headpiece isn't one from this thread. I already had this one with the chain.
Your texture work on the modeled parts on the wood is fantastic!

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you again RelicMaker!

Here it is compared to the reference photo in the Star Wars to Indiana Jones archive book and the Disney park exclusive
I know Disney's is a new sculpt and not cast off an original Headpiece, but I didn't realize the Disney's version's Cherub Heads are missing...

I know Disney's is a new sculpt and not cast off an original Headpiece, but I didn't realize the Disney's version's Cherub Heads are missing...
Forgive my ignorance, but I've been staring at the differences but not sure what cherubs you're referring to.

I think the book must have a typo. 11 cm seems too big for the widest diameter. Does any one else agree? Whisky
You’re right. Something’s wrong with the achieve book measurements. Just look at the Staff of Ra.

Attachments

• 77B4B670-EDBB-4D98-A533-5303D7F16E0E.jpeg
    77B4B670-EDBB-4D98-A533-5303D7F16E0E.jpeg
    815.4 KB · Views: 74
You’re right. Something’s wrong with the achieve book measurements. Just look at the Staff of Ra.
There's been a lot of debate about the accuracy of the measurements for decades now, and you just really have to take them with a grain of salt...
Basically, most on here has agreed that it's not 100%...

This display looks great, but why did you decide to do a piece of wood instead of the Goat Skull displayed upright on it's horns?

ra2.jpg

ra4.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you again RelicMaker!

Here it is compared to the reference photo in the Star Wars to Indiana Jones archive book and the Disney park exclusive

Is this cast run from original production molds supposed to be the same one that's shown in the SW to IJ Archive book? I see differences between this and the one shown in the book.

Were there different molds/versions of the headpieces (aside from the raven bar headpiece) during production?

---

Edit: Looks like there were several different versions after all. Whew.

Last edited:
The staff height has always bothered me with respect to deviating from the script. According to the conversation with the old man, the staff should by 5 feet, but he uses this 7 foot staff instead. Just a little goof I find annoying.

Yeah I always thought it was drift wood until last year when I discovered in this forum that it's actually two goat skulls attached back to back so the 4 horns form legs. Fascinating.

There's a picture knocking around on this site somewhere.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back