Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

I have to say, I’m not sure who it is specifically but MANY THANKs to the support and excitement from those who have shared this project on Facebook and the like.
The MoM Hero has been such a huge and comprehensive project, seeing an energy and excitement towards this Leia offering is certainly re-invigorating in the middle of an already long and challenging road... especially the way Adam and I approach these things! Adam especially had been grinding hard, learning, adapating, implementing, designing, modeling, and responding to feedback from myself and community; and I’m amazed by the guy! o_O

I have to say, I’m not sure who it is specifically but MANY THANKs to the support and excitement from those who have shared this project on Facebook and the like.
The MoM Hero has been such a huge and comprehensive project, seeing an energy and excitement towards this Leia offering is certainly re-invigorating in the middle of an already long and challenging road... especially the way Adam and I approach these things! Adam especially had been grinding hard, learning, adapating, implementing, designing, modeling, and reqqsponding to feedback from myself and community; and I’m amazed by the guy! o_O

I don't speak for everyone but I think it's safe to assume we all appreciate the hard work and passion you guys are putting in to this!
Thanks for making this baby a reality!;)

So rather than continuing to hijack Valor's thread here: ROS *Spoiler* Saber design

I have made sufficient progress to start putting feelers out to gauge interest in a hilt run for this saber.

many thanks to Valor for getting us a good and healthy start.

having procured Valor's initial model, I have been studiously making adjustments and converting the model to a machinable set of structures for an FX based saber run.

In the same vein as the "MoM of all Heroes" hilt, BRRogers and I are teaming up with Lewis (Malaki Skywalker) from 7 Chambers to look at producing this hilt.

based on a rough cut the internal cavity would be 1.15" for electronics components (and incidentally chassis modules exist at this size). These are all subject to change however as we continue design.

we would be looking to machine this from 7075 just like the "MoM of All Heroes" and we would be adding the coppery accents using rose gold plating. Based on our research it also appears that the flatter parts of the grip fins that are not ridged actually look to be pearl like iridescent and as such we're looking at doing mother of pearl inlay for these pieces. This all supports the saber of a princess and royalty.

more details to follow as we work out design and logistics and timing.

caveat: we know some other are also racing to produce this design, so this will be a competitive market however we think with the precious material elements as well as BRRogers' and my obsession for detail, we think we will have a compelling offering.

so now the for rub. We need to understand what sort of demand there might be for such a run, so if you have interest, please chime in here! This will help drive our efforts.

please speak up if you are interested in us doing a run of this and would want one.

current total interest: 47

Interested:
1.) xena10ares
2.) kyrack
3.) PrinceZip
4.) Loneken
5.) DarthSkykiller
6.) PhantomPickle
7.) kamakazykid
8.) SaiyanCookie
9.) Grigori
10.) MacCyber
11.) VitalNonsense
12.) Drew Baker
13.) cboath
14.) SethS
15.) Hatefrost
16.) goldenage
17.) James Kenobi 1138
18.) enaswede
19.) suntzu707
20.) r0ver
21.) Halliwax
22.) scud42
23.) Eight93
24.) cphaeng
25.) Metaphysics
26.) Darthlarry
27.) xwingercrash
28.) AndrewJ
29.) russellsch
30.) BeggarsCanyon
31.) kursosawa
32.) Arnygollott3
33.) darkblade21
34.) ventuoguy
35.) Nbowen0302
36.) Johnny3072
37.) fish2keel
38.) Titanic
39.) the Pawn
40.) Barnstormer
41.) bluecoyote
42.) Rich D.
43.) Darth Maledous
44.) Villenmike
45.) BrickMacklin
46.) andrewknutson91
47.) treansorturi
I'm In!!!!!

I'm very interested in a static version of this saber. My priority would be the accuracy and materials with this saber, less concerned with the cost.

I rewatched tonight, these are some screenshots from a 1080p on my laptop. I'm now 100% convinced on the mother of pearl, as well as the windows in the emitter, and really the whole thing haha Some of the plating areas surprised me, in terms of where the copper is and isn't with respect to high and low aspects of the profile. Anyways, this is what I snapped for me to look at is case of interest for folk following along.

Attachments

• Leia1.png
    Leia1.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Leia2.png
    Leia2.png
    190 KB · Views: 184
  • Leia3.png
    Leia3.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Leia4.png
    Leia4.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Leia5.png
    Leia5.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Leia6.png
    Leia6.png
    931.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Leia7.png
    Leia7.png
    875.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Leia8.png
    Leia8.png
    785.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Leia9.png
    Leia9.png
    707 KB · Views: 211
  • Leia10.png
    Leia10.png
    579.2 KB · Views: 195
Yes, thanks for those guys. With the update screen caps we can see a lot more in terms of edge detail, though we’re really nicely along in terms of length and scale!

Regarding the "Mother of Pearl" effect. I can't remember what it's called but I don't think it's actual mother of pearl. It looks like the aluminum is etched to give that effect. I've seen it on clocks and other decorative metal pieces. I'm still researching to see if I can find the name of the technique, but it looks exactly like what they did on this prop.

Regarding the "Mother of Pearl" effect. I can't remember what it's called but I don't think it's actual mother of pearl. It looks like the aluminum is etched to give that effect. I've seen it on clocks and other decorative metal pieces. I'm still researching to see if I can find the name of the technique, but it looks exactly like what they did on this prop.

jeweling. Unclear whether jeweled aluminum or MoP yet.

So I have some REALLY clear photos of this sucker that are pretty revelatory and I can assert it absolutely IS MoP.

the vertical radial bits forward of the switch ALSO are MoP.

rest assured I will be taking all the new references to make updates to the model. But a lot of questions have been now answered.

(some still remain)

So I have some REALLY clear photos of this sucker that are pretty revelatory and I can assert it absolutely IS MoP.

the vertical radial bits forward of the switch ALSO are MoP.

rest assured I will be taking all the new references to make updates to the model. But a lot of questions have been now answered.

(some still remain)
If it helps, the art of book for TROS is suppose to be released at the end of the month. Could be a clear picture of the saber in it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back