Limited Run The Youngling Protector Hilt - As seen on Book of Boba and Mando S3, Order 66 flashbacks

Final revision of the name plaque. Looks great. IMG_20230625_112131.jpgIMG_20230625_112046.jpgIMG_20230625_112019.jpg

Now that the Disney Gallery BTS for mando season 3 is out I updated the model for extra accuracy before production starts in 7/7.
The pommel is flat on the back now, both vented and not vented caps are now flush.

1688042229809.jpgflat.jpg

One thing got confirmed is that this saber was seen on both BOBF and Mando season 3. It is the same prop. There is a seen where the saber is on the floor but shown from a different angle and you can see the brass switch on the bottom.
1688042229730.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, I had to zoom and get very close to the screen as the saber was far away in that scene.
Also there are seens where Ahmed carries both sabers and for some reason the colors are swapped, his main saber is now blue and the YP is green. Seems they are using normal neopixel blades now and can change color. So in BOBF they used green lit and blue on mando.
1688042229889.jpg

Thanks and we are getting close to start production. There are a few spots left if anyone still needs one.

We are ok to go for launch on 7/7. Still a few spots left in the Run. If anyone else is interested now is the time to secure your spot.

The final revision includes:
- Pommel changes for more accuracy (flatter and slimmer), plus vented and static endcaps included
- Hilt is a tad longer from 262mm to 267 or 10.5 inches
- Small changes in geometry for more accuracy based on the recent Disney Gallery BTS
- No longer need a set screw to orient the chassis. Made slots to the inner grip.
- Cosmetic changes to the Advanced chassis. Added orientation pin guides.
- Added orientation pin guides to basic chassis as well.

YP Final render.jpg

chassis final.jpg

Small update:
We have started purchasing all components for the Install requests.
Payment to the machine shop is in process.

Another update, the box prototype is complete. It's missing the foam insert in the pictures but it will be sent to me complete to evaluate. Ill post new pictures of it when it arrives. You all have a great week.
box01.jpgbox02.jpgbox03.jpg

Those who ordered the Advanced Hilt install will have the option to purchase (via shapeways) chassis covers made out of metal (brass). Im almost done with the design but it's 98% ready. Again this is totaly optional but will give the chassis a more premium look. The chassis already has the necessary features to attach, however the proffie board cover will need small magnets.

Yp chassis00.jpgYp chassis01.jpg

I just got an update from the shop, the hilts wil lbe ready arround the 10th of August. The box sample arrives today and I will do a review and provide feedback.

Forgot to mention, all components for the install have been recieved. Will be sending them to Gio shortly to begin install.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, just a quick update. The shop is still working on the hilts and has about a 6 to 8 days delay. All small parts are done and are going to the secondary operaitons like anodizing. Thanks for the patience and will keep you posted.

Hello Everyone, we are in the final stage of the production build. The Shop had an issue with the inner grips and had to redo them all again over the weekend. They are in the 2 step anodizing process and that should be it. The boxes are ready to so they will be shipping the hilts to me by the end of the week. Sorry for delay but just want to have everything done conrrectly. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Body core1.jpgBox.jpg

Alright the hilts are packed and shipping to me.

1 (4).jpg

We should be recieving them iun about 7 days. Once they arrive They will be inspected and I'll start requesting final payments to the ones that didnt request install or weathering first. I will also ship the hilts that require weathering to Matt right away. Once they are done whey will be sent back to me. Gio is in the process of installing the chassis and should be done in about 10 days. Once they ship to me they will be installed in the hilts and tested.

We are very close to finishing this project. Thank you all for your patience and hope you like this hilt a lot.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back