Limited Run The Youngling Protector Hilt - As seen on Book of Boba and Mando S3, Order 66 flashbacks

Sorry for the short notice but Ill be going on a quick trip out of town. Will be back next week to resume shipping hilts. Ill try to reply back should you have any questions during this time.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause. Thanks.

For the installed hilts here is a quick video on how to properly remove or insert the chassis. You need to do this in order to remove the battery for charging

How do we get the stl for the basic chassis?
totaly forgot about that... here is the link to download the File

I made a design change over the course of this run on which you can add neopixel blinkies PCB on the side leds if you want. These were made by Shadowfoil and if you want a PCB this can be purchased at a cost of $5 usd plus shipping. This makes it a bit easier to add the accents.

Basic chassis v4.jpg

I can also supply a 3d printed Chassis(PLA) + PCB + battery connectors + push buttons, for $40 usd plus shipping.

totaly forgot about that... here is the link to download the File

I made a design change over the course of this run on which you can add neopixel blinkies PCB on the side leds if you want. These were made by Shadowfoil and if you want a PCB this can be purchased at a cost of $5 usd plus shipping. This makes it a bit easier to add the accents.

View attachment 1749921

I can also supply a 3d printed Chassis(PLA) + PCB + battery connectors + push buttons, for $40 usd plus shipping.
Thank you!!

For those waiting on the weathered hilts, here are a couple of progress pics... I will recieve these by the end of next week. After this you will recieve a message for the final balance.

Thanks

1697491533240.jpeg
1697491533303.jpeg

Update 6/15/23: Accepting downpayments from 6/15 thru 7/7
Update 7/7/23: Production started
UPDATE 8/28/23: Hilts packed and will be shipping to us this week. Once recieved they will be inspected.
UPDATE 9/13/23: Hilts Recieved, Currently inspecting all of them. Notifications for final payment will begin shortly after inspection.
UPDATE 9/21/23: Notificaitons sent for final balance to empty hilt ownwers
UPDATE 9/28/23: Shipping to customers started. Empty hilts for now.

The Youngling Protector

It's 19 BBY and the new Emperor Sheev Palpatine has issued an executive Order to wipe out all the Jedi. As Order 66 spreads through the galaxy, the most important location and quite possibly the most heavily guarded one is the Jedi Temple in Coruscant. Palpatine knows his grand army is not capable of taking down the Jedi temple so he sends his newly appointed apprentice "Lord Vader" for this task. Accompanied by his personal guard the 501st Legion, Vader raids the temple, executing every Jedi in sight. There is little to no hope of survival but the Jedi do not give up, as troops march through hallways with their blasters, Jedi defend and protect with the future of their religion. Word spreads that several Naboo ships are aiding the Jedi to escape the invasion. The few Jedi left know that they must protect their younglings, no matter the cost. "Get the elevator, get the youngling to Kelleran, Go!" - these were the last words of a fallen Jedi, while she gave up her life for the child. Her mission was over, the child was safe in the elevator along with her remains and Lightsaber. The youngling was terrified and hopeless, too young to understand what had happened. Eyes focused on the elevator doors, uncertain of what will be on the other side. Doors finally open and a familiar face appears - "Everything is going to be alright kid" as Master Kelleran Beq picks up the Youngling Protector's lightsaber and as they step out of the elevator more troopers arrive. The Sabered hand, as they called the Master, uses ignites both sabers while the clone army initiates in combat. Their blaster fire is no match to his abilites with the saber, defleacting each laser beam to themselves. Skillful and swift he ends the clone squad one by one as he escapes along with the child. The future of the Jedi is safe for now.

View attachment 1710971

Project intro

Hello, and thanks for your interest on the Youngling protectors' hilt run (YP for short). My name is Gustavo Canales, co-owner of Laredo Sabers. Even though this is my first run that I have personally organized, I have been part of many projects in collaboration with other companies for many years. A few examples are: Phoenix Props Kylo V1, V2 and The Light. Saberbay's Darksaber Live Action, Dark Matter and Geonobi, etc.
I have learned a lot over the years and have fine tuned the process of product design and manufacturing. I am a consumer and collector too so I understand that we want it to be accurate, instal friendly and cost friendly. I also understand that it needs to feel like a real collectible product, but have a few options for those DIY folks. I can't do this alone so I gathered a team of people that will support this project by adding their skills and tallent. They are key in making this a complete product build and not just another DIY. So I hope this project speaks to you and you have a great experience with us, we are sure you are going to love the Youngling Protector's Saber.
This Run will have a minimum of 50 units produced, and if you want one we will put you on the list and send you the payment details once the down payments are required. We will be offering install and weathering services too. Feel free to ask anyquesitons you might have in this thread, but please do not come to promote someone elses product, as it will be it will be eliminated.
More info of this hilt here: Jedi lightsaber from BOBF and Mando Season 3

Core team

Gustavo Canales - Design, manufacturing & project lead
Roberto Lara - Logistics and Finance
Giovanny Fernandez - Install service
Matt Slate - Finishing and weathering service
Christian Cruz - Product artwork & Plaque

Pricing and Options

• The YP base price is $200 usd plus shipping.
  • Basic Install $200 (includes shipping cost from provider to Laredo Sabers)
  • Advanced Install $260 (includes shipping cost from provider to Laredo Sabers)
  • Weathering service $50 ($40 for service + $10 for shipping from Laredo Sabers to Provider)

Base Hilt includes

• Full Aluminum & Brass hilt designed by Laredo Sabers
  • Extra screws and allen wrenches
  • Free basic chassis STL so you can print at home
  • 3d printed greeblies (5mm and 3mm led caps)
  • Product box designed by Christian Cruz
  • Plaque by Christian Cruz

Basic install includes

• Basic 3d printed chassis (PLA)
  • Rechargeable Battery
  • Proffie board with 12+ fonts (includes custom YP font by Laredo Sabers)
  • Neopixel blade connector
  • 24mm speaker
  • Kill switch

Advanced Install includes

• Advanced 3d printed chassis (PA12 nylon) with Crystal chamber
  • 3d printed inner grip replacement for full chassis reveal
  • Rechargeable Battery
  • Proffie board with 12+ fonts (includes custom YP font by Laredo Sabers)
  • Neopixel blade connector
  • Pixel Illuminated Kyber crystal
  • 2 Pixel Accents
  • 24mm speaker (Changed from 28mm due to space limitations)
  • Kill switch

Weathering service includes

• Sanding, painting & buffing to make it look similar to the show.

Lead times:

Interest list will begin on 6/6 thru 6/23
Down payments will be requested from 6/15 thru 7/7
Hilt manufacturing: 30 days after all downpayments are received
Base hilt orders: The ones that do not require install or weathering service will be shipped withing the next 2 to 3 weeks once received from the shop. These will be thoroughly inspected before shipping.
Chassis Install: 1 or 2 days per hilt times the ammount of hilts requested. Installs will all be shipped together to save up in shipping.
Weathering: 3 days per hilt times the ammount of hilts requested. Hilts will be shipped once a week in a first come first serve manner.

Payment terms:

1. 50% downpayment for Hilt manufacturing is required. Downpayment is non refundable
  2. 50% Balance of hilt needs to be covered before shipping to customer or weathering service
  3. 50% downpayment for chassis Install is required. Downpayment is non refundable
  4. 50% Balance of chassis install needs to be covered before shipping to customer or weathering service
  5. Weathering needs to be paid in full once production ends and hilts re received from the factory
  6. Shipping cost will be calculated based on options and needs to be covered before the product is actually shipped.
Shipping:

Shipping will be done from USA to your destination, this will include tracking number, you can also insure the YP at an additional cost. We will ship world wide but you are responsible of verifiying your country's importing fees or taxes before arrival, please understand that this is not under our control. Shipping cost will be calculated and provided to you before the final payment is done.

Additional Notes:

• Payments for the hilts, install downpayment and shipping are done to Laredo Sabers: Paypal larajr78@gmail.com
  • Final Payment for Install is done to Gio Fernandez: Paypal jgiovannyfernandez@gmail.com
  • Payments for the Weathering service are done to Matt Slate: Paypal matt.slate2012@gmail.com
  • Special requests for installs and weathering, please contact Gio or Matt directly.
  • Cost may vary over time if you did not secure a spot in this Run.
Reference Images: (click to make them larget)

Book of Boba fett Order 66 flashback
View attachment 1708150View attachment 1708152View attachment 1708148View attachment 1708149
Mandalorian Season 3 Order 66 flashback
View attachment 1708156View attachment 1708157

Prototype images:
Main hilt
View attachment 1708159View attachment 1708160View attachment 1708161View attachment 1708165View attachment 1708164View attachment 1708163View attachment 1708162

Advanced Installed Hilt
View attachment 1708166View attachment 1708168View attachment 1708167View attachment 1708169
Hidden feature for kyber Reveal
View attachment 1708171View attachment 1708170View attachment 1708158

Size reference images
View attachment 1708182View attachment 1708183View attachment 1716550View attachment 1716549

2 types of pommel caps, Vented and non Vented included
View attachment 1709727View attachment 1709728View attachment 1709726

Chassis renders
Basic
View attachment 1708172
Advanced
View attachment 1708176

Weathered version
View attachment 1710299View attachment 1710300View attachment 1710301View attachment 1710302View attachment 1710303View attachment 1710304View attachment 1710305View attachment 1710306View attachment 1710297View attachment 1710298

Box Images
View attachment 1708511View attachment 1725404View attachment 1725405

Name plaque images
View attachment 1711134View attachment 1711136View attachment 1711135View attachment 1725406View attachment 1725407

Updated 6/12/23: Added 2 styles of pommel caps, vented and non vented. No extra cost.
Updated 6/13/23: Added weathered pics.
Updated 6/17/23: Added plaque images.
Updated 7/6/23: Payment to the machine shop was completed today (a day early). Plaques paid and ordered. Components for installs ordered. Production will begin shortly.
Updated 8/2/23: Pictures of Box and Plaques added.

Thank you very much for your interest and hope you join us in this Run.
Can I still get one of these and what about the non vented pomel? just an empty.

Thanks Lady tano

I am pleased to announce that all hilts from this run have shipped. I still have very few left if someone missed out. I will now shift focus on the 5layer 0f C1ones (Kelleran Beq's main hilt) which is launching produciton this month.

Again Id like to thank the team that made this all possible, Chris, Gio, Matt, Robert and most importantly thanks to all of You who supported this Run.

Thank you.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back