ROS Leia Organa saber

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm adding this thread so I don't keep clogging up another one with my build. This is the build log for my Leia Saber from Rise of Skywalker.

First, the research. There's very little of it right now, but I was able to find a few screen shots online. The images with the saber next to Luke's saber really help determine the scale of this.

IMG_1989.jpg

saber_side2.jpg
saber_side.jpg
IMG_1984.jpg
IMG_1986.jpg
saber widths.jpg

Last edited:
From there I've been working on a 3D model of the saber in Fusion 360. It's a reasonably simple build, with a few exceptions. The "grip" portion of the saber is really interesting. It's a mix of sculpted T-track grips (curving in to make the grip smaller for Leia's smaller hands) and a secondary detail. The T-track also has some sort of indent and rivet (perhaps) ... the low resolution makes it tricky to see exactly. But I think I have a reasonable approach for now. Also, the sets of 3 silver rings to the front and back of the saber might be stepped or angels differently that I'm showing, but this is my best guess.
Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 9.59.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.44.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.45.11 PM.png

I wanted to see if I'm getting the overall scale correct so I printed out a rough version of my model. To verify I tried to photograph it alongside my Graflex Luke saber. I think I'm close. And this feels really good.

For finishing I'll be printing this out in multiple parts and mounting it on a central steel rod for strength and weight.

For paint I'm going to try a couple bright aluminum options, including Moloto Chrome. For the copper I think I can use real copper adhesive tape.

Stay tuned.
IMG_2007.jpeg
IMG_2003.jpeg
IMG_2004.jpeg
IMG_2005.jpeg

What's that? I don't understand.
To me, this looks
20191231_061746.jpg

Awfully like one of these

But I'm probably wrong.

Love this saber and excited to see people start developing it. It's like a royal version of Luke's, which I guess makes sense considering who it belongs to. Your progress so far looks really good.

I hope we get better reference pictures soon because I get confused between a couple of these pictures. At one angle the emitter supports look to me like they have an angle/bend halfway across and then in another picture they look basically straight instead.
PgZraH8.jpg

Love this saber and excited to see people start developing it. It's like a royal version of Luke's, which I guess makes sense considering who it belongs to. Your progress so far looks really good.

I hope we get better reference pictures soon because I get confused between a couple of these pictures. At one angle the emitter supports look to me like they have an angle/bend halfway across and then in another picture they look basically straight instead.
View attachment 1097059
Funny you should mention that! I just adjusted the model to the curved solution. I'm not sure why it looks straight on the first shot (different prop?) ... maybe.
Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 12.06.58 PM.png

Now, what in the hell is going on in-between those four emitter rings??? Are they solid discs or something more complicated? Lot's of weird reflections in there.

Funny you should mention that! I just adjusted the model to the curved solution. I'm not sure why it looks straight on the first shot (different prop?) ... maybe.
View attachment 1097066
Now, what in the hell is going on in-between those four emitter rings??? Are they solid discs or something more complicated? Lot's of weird reflections in there.
Haha looks good.
Definitely hard to say about the emitter rings. It almost looks like there could be smaller supports in there also aligned with the other ones, then again that could just be more reflections.
But it's so hard to see it's basically like looking for shapes in clouds. Below was my attempt to figure out what I was seeing but I could easily be making half of it up. Who can say?
oLQLrXk.jpg

Haha looks good.
Definitely hard to say about the emitter rings. It almost looks like there could be smaller supports in there also aligned with the other ones, then again that could just be more reflections.
But it's so hard to see it's basically like looking for shapes in clouds. Below was my attempt to figure out what I was seeing but I could easily be making half of it up. Who can say?
View attachment 1097077
I think you’re right. You can kind of see that in the first photo I posted where you see the emitter for the front. More like this I think.
Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 1.45.08 PM.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back