Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Probably obvious to everyone else, but it just occurred to me. Lando’s blaster in Solo had a mother of pearl handle, and uncommonly beautified metal finish. I wonder if both props came from the same source.

Thanks that's useful. At $300 and assuming you guys wait for the digital release to maximize accuracy I'm definitely interested. Love what you guys have already achieved with so little material available.

we're using the same techniques we did with our Hero design (albeit with fewer references) but we've gotten the techniques down pretty well at this point. There are some details we just cannot see but the major markers and dimensions are relatively straightforward to discern. The devil will come down to the details that we will be able to see once 4K screens are available.

There are ALSO some VERY fascinating coincidences that I will not go into right now (just to pique your curiosity).... but let's just say brother and sister have some similarities...

Last edited:
Ok. So I teased this earlier... but BRRogers and I have encountered a bit of a puzzle.

So we KNOW based on what I have shown we have proportions for Leia almost spot on.

myself (and Valor) and a few others have determined a core "anchor" measurement being the pommel cap is the diameter of a Graflex body. So my entire set of dimensions has been based on this anchor and also photogrammetry, overlays and image mirroring.

now that I have what I feel is awful close on the primary body sizes. I wanted to try some stuff out... here is what brother and sister look like mm for mm matched:

6C417641-AEEC-4788-A045-12C9009B575B.jpeg

right away you can see the length marker matches up to the emitter plate of the RotJ Hero.

buuuuut the plot thickens... if you SCALE things just a bit (about that of a 2-3rd generation CASTING)... something VERY interesting happens:

EDB7AF72-B0DD-4F01-A058-0924A5906EE3.jpeg

whaaaaaaa.....????

What does this all mean.....?o_O:lol:

I make a ton of custom sabers, in theory I could do whatever I wanted-- I like to always make the core diameter 1.5, because that's what the OT sabers and most vintage camera flashes are. IF I go thin-neck, I almost always match it up to one of Luke/Ben's sabers. Maybe it's because it's what we have seen so much of-- but it just feels right. So it makes total sense they'd use similar rules in making Leia's saber.

I only wish the PT prop team had done the same.

Last edited:
I make a ton of custom sabers, in theory I could do whatever I wanted-- I like to always make the core diameter 1.5, because that's what the OF sabers and most vintage camera flashes are. IF I go thin-neck, I almost always match it up to one of Luke/Ben's sabers. Maybe it's because it's what we have seen so much of-- but it just feels right. So it makes total sense they'd use similar rules in making Leia's saber.

well so... is Leia's saber thinner and validating the pommel cap as the Graflex 1.5" or are many of us wrong and we've scaled Leia too small?

that is the puzzle

I make a ton of custom sabers, in theory I could do whatever I wanted-- I like to always make the core diameter 1.5, because that's what the OT sabers and most vintage camera flashes are. IF I go thin-neck, I almost always match it up to one of Luke/Ben's sabers. Maybe it's because it's what we have seen so much of-- but it just feels right. So it makes total sense they'd use similar rules in making Leia's saber.

Well, the OT sabers were 1.5" because that's what the flashes were. No more to it than that. Even lukes ROTJ was that size more or less as it was basedo n the obi stunt and keeping them the same size throughout was common sense.

The PR made them a bit thinner as they did some testing to find out what was easier to handle and came up with the prequel size of about 1.375". Hayden must have had some small hands as the anakin E3 was 1.25".

well so... is Leia's saber thinner and validating the pommel cap as the Graflex 1.5" or are many of us wrong and we've scaled Leia too small?

that is the puzzle

I trust your research skills more than my guess, but from a production standpoint, it would make sense that there is some commonality between similar items that they have to make. In the case of lightsabers, I'd say the internal arrangements for electronics are universal, meaning the ID of them would be all the same. They could build up to anything from there, but I feel like that would be their sacrosanct core measurement.

This is undoubtedly the most sacred lightsaber in ep9, Leia's lightsaber. I hope that after the release of the film, I can take the film image as the accurate standard. I hope you can bring us a precise props. At that time, I will consider whether to order.

Oh, I am in. I've wanted a Leia and Rey saber since I got out of seeing TRoS for the first time. But I am also in the camp of saying that it should wait until the 4k Blu-ray comes out to get it as accurate as possible..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back