The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Post-release)

BTW...They stated that Oscorp shutdown any projects Curt Connors had been working on. Not all animal hybrid projects. So electric eels in the power room where still good to go. Also, I really like how Electro and Harry toyed with the Oscorp exec by resuscitating him.

Also, I have a feeling Norman Osborn isn't dead, hopefully meaning we get a full on goblin. Harry is Hobgoblin if that's the case.

The eels are no cross specie project ;)
They said they shut down the hybrid/cross species (officially) but the eels are no hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a spidey fan, I can appreciate some of the things they did to make the film work, some scenes were a bit jarring, such as the scene when harry becomes green goblin. and the relationship between Pete and Gwen, while sweet and nicely portrayed, felt rushed in certain places, and the breakup scene was too early to come into play. I personally liked the fact that Spidey was snarky and more humorous in this film. Although it did do a good job at showing a Peter Parker who is dealing with the consequences of his choices, which understandably made his life and relationships harder to work with as he wants to protects the ones he loves, but cannot fully let them go. the death scene for Gwen was enough to give me the feels (although I have been anticipating her seat since ASM 1).

however, we can all agree that it was better than Spiderman 3.

I enjoy these films WAY more than the Raimi ones. Though I really enjoyed it (maybe it was the effects of IMAX lol)I can see why some people wouldn't like the movie as a whole or some aspects of it.

I'm sure a lot of this stuff has been touched on but I do feel that some parts were rushed and a little character development could have been more through but that kinda stuff happens in big budget films like this.

Secondly, I'm glad I didn't feel the villain overkill like I did in Spider-man 3...IT did feel forced at time, especially with the Rhino, but I'm sure it was all just to set up for a Sinister Six flick.

and speaking of Rhino, have any of you guys seen some the concept sketches for his suit? The probably shoulda gone with some of those earlier drafts in my opinion...

EXCLUSIVE: Alternate Rhino Designs For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

I enjoy these films WAY more than the Raimi ones. Though I really enjoyed it (maybe it was the effects of IMAX lol)I can see why some people wouldn't like the movie as a whole or some aspects of it.

I'm sure a lot of this stuff has been touched on but I do feel that some parts were rushed and a little character development could have been more through but that kinda stuff happens in big budget films like this.

Secondly, I'm glad I didn't feel the villain overkill like I did in Spider-man 3...IT did feel forced at time, especially with the Rhino, but I'm sure it was all just to set up for a Sinister Six flick.

and speaking of Rhino, have any of you guys seen some the concept sketches for his suit? The probably shoulda gone with some of those earlier drafts in my opinion...

EXCLUSIVE: Alternate Rhino Designs For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

I agree. I loved the movie. It could have been longer to develope the characters more.

I am sure they keep the real rhino design for the sinister six movie, since spidey destroyed the rhino suit ^^

I agree. I loved the movie. It could have been longer to develope the characters more.

I am sure they keep the real rhino design for the sinister six movie, since spidey destroyed the rhino suit ^^

I didn't even think about that lol. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense.

Once I saw the Rhino suit, I had no problems with it. Those concepts look like really bad Nike reject shoes, IMO. The horn isn't very pronounced either.

Also, you can't go wrong with quad mounted .50 cal's! I really liked the design! He moved pretty well from bi-pedal to quadruped...

When I first saw the Rhino on that poster I haaaaaaated the design, but seeing it in motion really sold me. I do hope they tweak it for the next movie he's in, though.

Also, how come every supervillain needs to wear power armor now? Never thought I'd see the Green Goblin cosplaying Master Chief.

The problem with the movie was they tried to cram to many villains in one movie and there idea of the green goblin wasn't what I wanted to see , after a good first movie they dropped the ball

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The problem with the movie was they tried to cram to many villains in one movie and there idea of the green goblin wasn't what I wanted to see , after a good first movie they dropped the ball

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I liked the hob goblin or goblin or whoever he was :) dane did a great job in my eyes.

I think like rhino he will look different in the sinister six movie.

I dont think they crammed a bunch of villains into the movie..... Maybe that's just me... But Electro was THE villain of the movie, with harry being a kind of mastermind of the movie.... And the goblin was just a introduction into the universe. Since his scene was incredibly short. And the rhino was just a prelude into spiderman 3... Which I'm sure will start out with the continuation of the final scene of this movie... I still believe it was very well done....

I dont think they crammed a bunch of villains into the movie..... Maybe that's just me... But Electro was THE villain of the movie, with harry being a kind of mastermind of the movie.... And the goblin was just a introduction into the universe. Since his scene was incredibly short. And the rhino was just a prelude into spiderman 3... Which I'm sure will start out with the continuation of the final scene of this movie... I still believe it was very well done....

Yep. Thats what they considered to do i think.
I just tjink it would have been nice to see more of peter and harry together. Or to see more of max before he becomes electro :)

Yep. Thats what they considered to do i think.
I just tjink it would have been nice to see more of peter and harry together. Or to see more of max before he becomes electro :)

Me too.... But there is only so much you can fit into a 2 1/2 hour movie. Lol... I wont be picky....

Me too.... But there is only so much you can fit into a 2 1/2 hour movie. Lol... I wont be picky....

I know they cant make the movie 3hours long.
Thats why im super happy with the movie :)

Compared to some other movies there is moment when the movie gets boring ;)
So its all good

I saw this last night and really enjoyed it! Im not a big spider man fan and I only went as my god son wanted to see it but yeah I was supprised!

Like a few here my thoughts on it were :

No need for 2 1/2 hours at all.
Way too many villains crammed it. Max was a great character and he really didnt need harry at all to do what he did.

I too picked up on the romance scenes being awkward, like when they are talking about 'whats off the table'. its like they had just met as actors and were really having to force their acting to make it work.

CGI ranged from 'wow thats awful, to wow thats amazing.

Does no one else think the rhino guy was ridiculous? Of course he was being 'over played' in line with the comic book nature of the film, but as a future foil for spider man? Hes simply dumb. I dont see where they can go with him.

All that said, I really enjoyed it, just a little long for me.

The two actors have been together in real life for a while now, it's weird they don't always give that vibe to everyone. I thought the chemistry was there, but indeed some of my friends didn't see it neither. Probably the script.

so wheres the Sinister Six speculation here already? theres the obvious, Goblin, Ock, Vulture, Kraven, Rhino and ??? Mask? to me the mask texture hints to the Shocker, but I've heard people say its Mysterio. Which I would love but I dont see how that hint points to him.

And for love of god, people need to stop referring to Harry as Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin was just a random crook who stumbled onto one of Normans stashes and used it for his own ends. Harry has always been his own version Green Goblin

so wheres the Sinister Six speculation here already? theres the obvious, Goblin, Ock, Vulture, Kraven, Rhino and ??? Mask? to me the mask texture hints to the Shocker, but I've heard people say its Mysterio. Which I would love but I dont see how that hint points to him.

And for love of god, people need to stop referring to Harry as Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin was just a random crook who stumbled onto one of Normans stashes and used it for his own ends. Harry has always been his own version Green Goblin

Yesterday i read that rhino and kraven will appear in tasm3.

We will see what will come :D

Normans head in the cryo thing maybe leads to something too ^^.

I'd love to see a Mysterio done, but I don't know how they would do it--that suit would never translate to the big screen. But then again, that smoke guy in the second Hellboy movie had kind of a Mysterio looking get-up and it wasn't too bad looking.

I went and saw it last night. Other than some bratty kids, two seats down from me, yammering throughout and two other idiots using their cellphones during the entire movie I thought it was a very well made piece of cinema! Yeah, I was getting ready to face-palm when Max appeared, thinking of another Jim Carry/Riddler fiasco, but luckily he is not Max very long and becomes a very cool Electro pretty quick. I thought he was well done. I was wondering how his powers would be shown, not being able to see past Star Wars Force lightning, but I thought his powers and the vfx for them were pretty cool and done in a fresh new way.

I am not too familiar with the guy playing Harry, other than Chronicle, but I think he is an exceptional actor and really brought a good take on the son of Osbourne. I was a little leery of him actually being the Goblin instead of Norman, but I thought it was done in a very logical way and it worked for me and since the Goblin is actually only on-screen for such a small period, I am glad he didn't die yet and lives to see another movie.

I thought the chemistry between Peter and Gwen was very good, so much moreso than the Raimi movies. Garfield really gets Spider-man and has the perfect personality for the wise-cracking, but not goofy Spidey I know and grew up with in the 70s.

After the first bit with Rhino I was beginning to think I had missed something--"Where the hell is Rhino? Did I go pee and miss it and just forgot I went to the bathroom or something?" I was beginning to question my sanity for a bit until he finally came back at the end.

Obviously they are setting up The Sinister Six which could be cool except we all know how convoluted these movies get when you start piling on too many villains. This movie had enough. If they are going to do it I certainly don't want to see six more origin stories in one movie. Isn't Garfield contracted for two more? Let's see a good Sinister Six movie. Let's have them led by the Goblin, but keep him in the background as the mastermind instead of the main villain focus. Then let's have a major Spidey/Goblin showdown in the fourth movie, leading to the Goblin's death.

Overall I was well pleased with it, but I'm a little confused by the X-men credits scene. Was that some kind of tie-in or just a preview? What were those vials they were after?

I went and saw it last night. Other than some bratty kids, two seats down from me, yammering throughout and two other idiots using their cellphones during the entire movie I thought it was a very well made piece of cinema! Yeah, I was getting ready to face-palm when Max appeared, thinking of another Jim Carry/Riddler fiasco, but luckily he is not Max very long and becomes a very cool Electro pretty quick. I thought he was well done. I was wondering how his powers would be shown, not being able to see past Star Wars Force lightning, but I thought his powers and the vfx for them were pretty cool and done in a fresh new way.

I am not too familiar with the guy playing Harry, other than Chronicle, but I think he is an exceptional actor and really brought a good take on the son of Osbourne. I was a little leery of him actually being the Goblin instead of Norman, but I thought it was done in a very logical way and it worked for me and since the Goblin is actually only on-screen for such a small period, I am glad he didn't die yet and lives to see another movie.

I thought the chemistry between Peter and Gwen was very good, so much moreso than the Raimi movies. Garfield really gets Spider-man and has the perfect personality for the wise-cracking, but not goofy Spidey I know and grew up with in the 70s.

After the first bit with Rhino I was beginning to think I had missed something--"Where the hell is Rhino? Did I go pee and miss it and just forgot I went to the bathroom or something?" I was beginning to question my sanity for a bit until he finally came back at the end.

Obviously they are setting up The Sinister Six which could be cool except we all know how convoluted these movies get when you start piling on too many villains. This movie had enough. If they are going to do it I certainly don't want to see six more origin stories in one movie. Isn't Garfield contracted for two more? Let's see a good Sinister Six movie. Let's have them led by the Goblin, but keep him in the background as the mastermind instead of the main villain focus. Then let's have a major Spidey/Goblin showdown in the fourth movie, leading to the Goblin's death.

Overall I was well pleased with it, but I'm a little confused by the X-men credits scene. Was that some kind of tie-in or just a preview? What were those vials they were after?

Only 2 things:)

About andrew: so far he signed for 3 movies

About xmen: marc webb still had a contract with fox from the time of 500days of summer. Fox agreed to let him out of the contract (otherwise he would not have been able to direct tasm2).
Therefore sony agreed to make advertising/publicity for fox and to show their trailer after the movie credits :) so its just an agreement between 2 companies.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back