The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie discussion with spoilers.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 got released in UK and few other countries today on April 16, while many others are getting it tomorrow and during the following week. US release is on May 2.

You can find the pre-release discussion thread here.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - OFFICIAL Trailer - In Theaters May 2014 - YouTube

Release Date: May 2, 2014.

Synopsis: Peter Parker runs the gauntlet as the mysterious company Oscorp sends up a slew of supervillains against him, impacting on his life.

Director: Marc Webb
Writers: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner (screenplay), James Vanderbilt (screen story), Stan Lee & Steve Ditko (comic book)
Cast: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field, Felicity Jones, B.J. Novak

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) - IMDb

13897433524_3372b9525a_c.jpg

13897019655_aeb27104bf_c.jpg

Amazon.com: Amazing Spider-Man 2: Music
Amazing Spider-Man 2 Score

13897201003_34e0878919.jpg

Amazon.com: Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2 CD Deluxe Edition): Music
Amazing Spider-Man 2 Score (2 CD Deluxe Edition)

13897544944_2e4ff94aed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from seeing it. Really enjoyed it overall.

I think it would've been better if they'd stuck with one bad guy. Both Max Dillon and Harry's stories were rushed. I think it would've been better if they'd built up Harry's story in this one but left the transformation of him into Green Goblin until the third movie.

I think they nailed Spideys humour this time around.
To sum up, Very busy film, lots to take in, perhaps too much but still very entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished. LOVE IT! Didnt feel rushed at all to me. Although im glad Rhino didnt take up much time as it would have been. It was more of an intro to Harry. Im hard to please with spider-man. Didnt like the first. Didnt expect to like the second. Good year for comis so far.

They needed to follow the you know what story part. Im so glad they did.

No post credits scene in IMAX. But perhaps it will be added on later. I remember not seing the shwarma one on Avengers as it wasnt on that either. Ive read online that empire apparently verified it. But it wasnt on the showing I just saw. Stayed till right at the end too.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Saw it tonight as well, really liked it ! And I must say, even if I knew it before -spoiler-

Gwen's death-spoiler- hit me hard ! We had so much character development with her and Peter since ASM 1 that you can't help to feel sorry for what happened, IMO.
And it wasn't overcrowded as some feared, but they could have kept the rhino for the third one though. I suppose they didn't want to end it on a bad note.

Yeah gwens death was sad, loved her and parkers chemistry on screen, I mean I knew she was going to die at some point though never expected it in this one.

Loved the little lightning bolt on electros arm too.

Great film, just got back, nothing at the end on normal screening either but meh!! bothered!!!

I have to say the spider swinging is so bloody good now that it would be hard to top it, some seriously great entertainment and well worth the ticket price that I never bough.

Will def go again and its way better than the first one. I still love the originals and was even lucky enough to be at the NY premier of spiderman 3 but fell asleep half way through...

Its an amazing movie. I loved it from begin till end.

But it was such a sad monent to see spidey stand there after he send the boy away.
He was standing there totally alone.

As a grown man I felt like a right idiot. I dont cry at movies. But definitely felt something when IT happened. The whole hand from the web etc. Sad but a great part of the movie

J

Yes. That was a "wanna see a man cry?" Moment. And the moment u saw her nose bleed.

I wonder if
Felicia Hardy will become Black Cat in the next film
or if it was just a nod to her character

they said something about "felicia will be played by ……. what role will she play in the tasm …" and the same about Smyth.

So i think she will become black cat and her Father will play a part on movie 3 or 4 ^^

I just watched it. It was brilliant. It was.....amazing. Anyway, one part that I liked was the nod to original Norman Goblin where he was all green and the claws etc from where he must've tried the not-yet-perfect lizard formula from TASM.

One bit that didn't really get me was towards the end when Harry was in the chair and Mr Fiers says he's looking better and Harry is looking in the broken mirror that is distorting his face and giving him a giant mouth-joker-like-smile. Is this to show that he will become more like the comic goblin? He'll base himself off a goblin due to his transformation in this film?

I wonder if
Felicia Hardy will become Black Cat in the next film

I was thinking the exact same.

Side not. Never been a huge spidey fan. I knew of key story points like the Staceys from friends. But this movie spurred me to load up my marvel unlimited and download Spideys back catalogue. Wish me luck. I got some reading to do.

Second side note...
Anybody else LOVE how well the OST worked with the movie? Usually scenes dont feel as 'cool' as they do in the trailers due to not having the same hard background music 'im talking to you Shane Black-Iron Man 3 with your bloody xmas suit up song!' But I really enjoyed how the music was put into the last Electro fight.

J

Just saw the movie and didn't enjoy it at all

Cringe-fest

The 'funny' moments were not funny, the Spidey in slow-mo was over done, some of the CG looked a bit like a video game, the romance sequences were uncomfortable.

After seeing The Winter Soldier a few weeks ago, this movie just felt too forced, whereas TWS flowed more naturally and you felt more tension in the action sequences

When I was a kid my main collection of comics were Spiderman, now he's probably the one I prefer least,.......If he were to be included in with the Marvel Studio's Avengers group, I would say he could thrive there

J

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back