The Phantom Menace Re-Release May 2024

Some might remember my thread from last year for our little Star Wars fan film, Darkside Story. That was made to go along with the upcoming Episode II. We filmed it all early 2002.
So just like ILM, we were also doing a ton of tests, trying out different things. Even by then, I was also still pretty infatuated from the Matrix, and wanted to include some muti-blurring effects into a light saber battle, which we did.
So I just found my four tests, which I added some sounds to. Each one is slightly different, and I wanted to see what everyone else thought looked best for the final shot. (and I found out later on, was an extreme pain in the butt for our CGI guy to animate....oops)
I'm posted here because of the ending....which I think everyone will like.

View attachment 1822113
Ending: approved.

"Bloated Yoda" looked terrible. Puppet looked good in the BTS stuff, but in the final film, so bloated and terrible. Very odd.
Likely gluten intolerant..... seriously bloated and the hair was just Einstein when he was joking around for pictures with friends. Yoda looks like an old hippy chick after giving up on bathing but I totally see your point. How can they have better bts? Maybe the behind the scenes was shot with an older puppet from another film.

Likely gluten intolerant..... seriously bloated and the hair was just Einstein when he was joking around for pictures with friends. Yoda looks like an old hippy chick after giving up on bathing but I totally see your point. How can they have better bts? Maybe the behind the scenes was shot with an older puppet from another film.
No idea. They talked about having the original molds, using them, showing off one of them(I guess) and so on.

And now just saw that Empire Strikes back is 44 years old today, the 21st. Star Wars is hitting 47 in 4 days, and Jedi 41 in 4 days as well.
Disney releasing all theirs around Christmas shows they couldn't even do it right.

And now just saw that Empire Strikes back is 44 years old today, the 21st. Star Wars is hitting 47 in 4 days, and Jedi 41 in 4 days as well.
Disney releasing all theirs around Christmas shows they couldn't even do it right.
They were hardly going to make TFA and Avengers AoU compete in May. Box office take showed their decision worked out financially well for them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back