Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

While the prospect of using real rivets would be neat, would it really be necessary if the rest of it wouldn't be metal? Would resin printed rivet heads work just as well?

TazMan2000

While the prospect of using real rivets would be neat, would it really be necessary if the rest of it wouldn't be metal? Would resin printed rivet heads work just as well?

TazMan2000

The reason there are rivets holes in the model is so you can sand off the surfaces easily and without fake rivets heads getting in the way. If you have ever tried to finish a jet pack, you will quickly find out that this is a huge issue for sanding!

It will take 320 rivets to complete the model. They aren’t expensive. And will look awesome once placed and glued in. I will post a link to the correct shaped and sized rivets shortly.

The reason there are rivets holes in the model is so you can sand off the surfaces easily and without fake rivets heads getting in the way. If you have ever tried to finish a jet pack, you will quickly find out that this is a huge issue for sanding!

It will take 320 rivets to complete the model. They aren’t expensive. And will look awesome once placed and glued in. I will post a link to the correct shaped and sized rivets shortly.

Won't the rivet holes so closely spaced create some printing or structural problems? I have that issue with my CR-10 when trying to knock out hole supports when I print out holes close to edges, where it sometimes knocks out the structure around the holes as well.
Great work on details.

TazMan2000

The test print done on a taz lulzbot that I have with me seems fine. On the cr10 I expect similar results.

We will know soon since the cr10 es being tested now.

Yes there will be an all in one model for mini prints. Rivets and all. Already have tested this:
Adjustments.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back