Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

gnolivos

Hello All. My project got to the point where I think it's time for its own thread.

I’m calling this the “Veepy Jetpack model” from now on.

Objective:
Create a highly detailed and accurate 3D printable file for The Rocketeer Cirrus X3 Jetpack.

Requirements I set:
  • MUST BE SCREEN ACCURATE
  • Must take into account original dimensions, down to the millimeter accuracy.
  • Must be 3D printable at home, hence, must be split into multiple parts.
  • Parts must join together seamlessly.
  • Lip and Groove joints wherever possible.
  • Alignment notches wherever possible ensure proper positioning on assembly.
  • Rivet holes, so its easier to sand, and real rivets can be put in place.
  • Flaps must be fold-able, with proper clearance.
  • Magnet pockets in cones for easy cone removal and access to internals.
  • Assembly features to attach real hardware for assembly (holes, pockets, etc.)
First revision completed. Now testing for print ability, and will make any tweaks or changes as needed.
Files won’t be released until fully tested, and proven.

HD-iso-kit_resize.jpg

HD-iso-back-kit_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ChickenHaunt

Sr Member
Looking forward to the progress. Seems you're off to a great start, and I love that you're thinking about the finishing process in your design.

gnolivos

The largest piece measures approximately 7in x 7in x 8 in.

I think the best approach would be print largest pieces in a rough large format printer, and the smaller pieces in a detailed high quality unit.

RoboticMike

Any plans to model things like the hand control/trigger and helmet?
I know there are various helmets floating around out there but they all seem to vary a bit in terms of accuracy