Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

shaunsheep

do3d. com are currently giving away the helmet for free on there site, the file looks pritty accurate ;)

gnolivos

So this is conceptual at this point, and won't make it into the final model, but I like the idea of implementing the hinges like the original... and the magnet pockets with magnets would snap everything closed in perfect alignment... Maybe some day.
hinge1.JPG

hinge2.JPG hinge3.JPG 3938737944_98d5c4d991_o.jpg

BingoMaru

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
do3d. com are currently giving away the helmet for free on there site, the file looks pritty accurate ;)
I assure you, it very much is not. They have modified the file based upon measurements and pictures I sent them, and it still missed the mark.

gnolivos

Wow, I never noticed that hinge. Curious what size printer bed are you optimizing this for?
Original plan was for something the size of Creality CR-10 for the largest parts and any quality resin printer for the smaller pieces.

I think by the time this is completed and fully print tested it may end up meeting that goal.