Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

You want a 1/4 inch rod. Get aluminum. You will need to tap a thread to the end of it with a thread tapper tool. Make sure you get the correct tapping direction. I think some of the rod ends are reverse thread so be careful!

As far as length I am unsure. It is going to depend but there will be trial and error involved depending on your mounting method to the back of the jetpack where the eggs is.

Hello gnolivos!

I want to begin by saying that this is an exceptional model! It's the cleanest, most intuitive model of the cirrus pack I've seen out there.

I'm most of the way through printing my pack: i only have one large part of the body left and then it's on to the engines and resin details.

As such, I had a couple questions:

Was there any particular harness/mounting arrangement you had in mind when designing this? if so, which one?

What CAD program did you model this in? I have some thoughts for improvements to the engines (mainly to improve printability and add smoke functionality) and was wondering if i could access the original files rather than try to modify STLs in meshmixer. For the record, any mods i make would go straight back to you to maintain the original free creative license

No mounting method in mind. I've seen different implementations.
The STL files are made available. The source files are not available sorry. There are numerous reasons for this decision.
Glad you are enjoying the model!

Great work Gnolivos. Very kind of you to make this free.
I only want to print one about 6 inches but I'm guessing when I scale down the files the walls will be too thin to print ?

Do you have a link to the hose you used?
The only braided hose I can find is in AN3 size (which is too narrow) and AN4 size (which is too wide)

How long is this (the link doesn’t give a length) and how much did you end up using for your pack?
Part number is 19106. The last digit is the amount of feet. They have 3, 6, 10, and 25 feet available. Each individual hose is 7-7.25 inches, so it depends on how many hoses you want to add to your pack.

I can't believe it has taken me this long to build my very own Veepy jetpack. But progress is steady now ... test fit before silver paint:

Attachments

• IMG_9618.jpeg
    IMG_9618.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 94
Wow! Would you mind sharing what chrome paint that was? I need to follow in your footsteps. Thank you!
I took advice from ElRocketeer from these forums. It is the Spaz Stix 10009 chrome. It takes about 8 of these small spray cans to paint the entire Veepy. That's about $100.
You then use the compatible 10909 clear coat which doesn't dull it too much. Any other clear coat will make it dull.

Attachments

• IMG_9620.jpeg
    IMG_9620.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9621.jpeg
    IMG_9621.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back