Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Hello All. My project got to the point where I think it's time for its own thread.

This will be known as the “Veepy Jetpack model” from now on....

***PROJECT COMPLETED***

Objective:

Create a highly detailed and accurate 3D printable file for The Cirrus X3 Jetpack.

Requirements I set:
  • MUST BE ACCURATE
  • Must take into account original dimensions, down to the millimeter accuracy.
  • Must be 3D printable at home, hence, must be split into multiple parts.
  • Parts must join together seamlessly.
  • Lip and Groove joints wherever possible.
  • Alignment notches wherever possible ensure proper positioning on assembly.
  • Rivet holes, so its easier to sand, and real rivets can be put in place.
  • Flaps must be fold-able, with proper clearance.
  • Magnet pockets in cones for easy cone removal and access to internals.
  • Assembly features to attach real hardware for assembly (holes, pockets, etc.)
Status October 24, 2023:
Version 1.22 Released. Some minor tweaks only, and added information on how to create a working flap rod mechanism.

Status February 24, 2021:
Version 1.20 Released, with final refinements. V1.21 a few days later with updated documentation but no geometry changes).

Download Link: Assembly manual:
Is the download link still sending files? I tried a few times and haven't seen anything drop in my email. would love to build this kit if possible.

yes the link does still work! waiting for the next batch of print files to finish my kit! truly the best files, instructions and depth of detail I have ever seen. This is going to be so fun to build!
The link works and takes you to gnolivos's disclaimer page to request an emailed download link. The question is if he is still monitoring and active and sharing those files or if he has abandoned the project. I'd imagine he hasn't abandoned, he updated the file set in November, but you never know and the download link distribution appears to require manual approval on his part (It hasn't been long, he could be on vacation or busy or who knows, so this is just here to hope to hear back) so its a valid question. Hoping to start a build this month and hoping to use these files for it!

Last edited:
Hi all yes the project is very much active. If you are requesting the files and not getting an email PLEASE CHECK SPAM FOLDERS.
There is no manual approval, the process is automated.

Hi all yes the project is very much active. If you are requesting the files and not getting an email PLEASE CHECK SPAM FOLDERS.
There is no manual approval, the process is automated.
This time it worked! I went back through and it was the only email I had received from veepy so something may have been down in the past. AusSoc since its automated, I'd try a few more times and see if it pushes through properly.

Just stumbled across this last night and it's all I've been able to think about today. I've gotten the files and have already started plating them out in Bambu Studio for my X1C, have placed my order for the two resin pieces, and can't wait to get started. Thanks so much to gnolivos for this amazing project - now I have to poke around and see what else this community has to offer!

I found this yesterday, and tried submitting for the download link, but nothing is coming through after I agree and click on the information.

Edit: It seems to be a gmail issue. I tried another address and link came through.

Last edited:
Gmail recently changed their spam settings so it's filtering more aggressively. Suspect emails don't get put in a spam folder, they're just rejected outright. Could be the automated replies are falling victim to that.

I just started printing parts, and for the life of me can only find a left hand lower flap, printing 2 left hand wont work, am I missing something?

Okay, I received the email along with the four downloadable links. But when I tried to access the links, nothing opened up. I understand that they download as ZIP files but nothing downloaded for me. What am I missing?

Okay, I received the email along with the four downloadable links. But when I tried to access the links, nothing opened up. I understand that they download as ZIP files but nothing downloaded for me. What am I missing?
Please check your downloads folder. These are regular links pointing to the files on the server, so the browser should be downloading them as soon as you click, or possible after a prompt from the browser. If all else fails, please try a different browser.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back