NASA ACES suit disconnects

So, the plan is to make the masters of all disconnect parts for both hands. Haven't decided between the SLA print or machining from aluminium. After that, make the molds for casting.

Consider SLS 3D printing. It requires a tiny amount of sanding and filler primer. Far less than FDM parts. Also SLS parts also don't suffer from overhang issues, so you get increased accuracy in every dimension.

I find that SLA parts are very accurate, but the resin gets sticky over time, Good if your using it just to make molds, but not for moving parts.

Machined aluminum is obviously the best. (looking at you Mr. Savage)

Consider SLS 3D printing. It requires a tiny amount of sanding and filler primer. Far less than FDM parts. Also SLS parts also don't suffer from overhang issues, so you get increased accuracy in every dimension.

I find that SLA parts are very accurate, but the resin gets sticky over time, Good if your using it just to make molds, but not for moving parts.

Machined aluminum is obviously the best. (looking at you Mr. Savage)

At this moment I have prices for SLA printing. Next week I will hopefully get the prices for machining from aluminum.

So, the next problem is the bearing feeding hole cover. It has a hole in the middle and I don't know why.
I made the cover as a simple plate, but there needs to be a stud of some sort to prevent the balls to jump in the feeding hole (that's why I have a third screw in this plate now).
bearing plate1 - kopie.jpg bearing plate 2.jpg
cover.JPG

Considering the third hole is counter-sunk, it makes sense that it might be for a third screw. It just may not have been present when the reference photo was taken.

Considering the third hole is counter-sunk, it makes sense that it might be for a third screw. It just may not have been present when the reference photo was taken.

I assume that this hole has a chamfer from reference photos, it doesn't seem to be a simple hole.
Never found a good hi-res picture of this plate.
I also think, that it's not for a screw, on all photos there is no screw.

As I posted above, these covers typically have a post with a radius cut into the bottom face, in order to complete the bearing race where the feed hole meets the race. It is odd there appears to be a hole here though. Doubtful it's a lubrication hole, because in addition to oil, dirt can get in.

As I posted above, these covers typically have a post with a radius cut into the bottom face, in order to complete the bearing race where the feed hole meets the race. It is odd there appears to be a hole here though. Doubtful it's a lubrication hole, because in addition to oil, dirt can get in.

It's also hard to tell if the hole is all the way through the post on the cover. But it should be not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back