Question: Do they need to be that thick? If you could make them about half the thickness you probably could buy two for that price.

The other recommendation, is to offer them also in natural brass for a cheaper price and let the buyer polish or weather as they want.

Question: Do they need to be that thick? If you could make them about half the thickness you probably could buy two for that price.

The other recommendation, is to offer them also in natural brass for a cheaper price and let the buyer polish or weather as they want.
I think they're only 3mm thick! So with the recessed details as well that's about as thin as they can go, and the handle is designed to take them and sit fairly flush.

I can certainly look into the other materials they offer, but the polished brass is by far the best I can see.

Update in post #64

So I was looking though the concept art for Solo and came across this image which captured my attention immediately; the Imperial Field Knife.

View attachment 907638

Don't think this made it to the movie but I love the design with the c96 style handle, and was wondering if anyone was interested in a small run.
  • Blade and guard would be aluminium, with milled relief
  • Grip would be resin or wood, most likely cast to simulate bakelite
  • Grip inserts with imperial cog can be brass, or cold cast. Brass would put the price up a little bit but would be amazing
I have mocked up the size, which is shown next to a real bayonet, let me know your thoughts

View attachment 908843 View attachment 908863 View attachment 908878 View attachment 908899

Handle mocked up

View attachment 910007

I am hoping to keep the costs down, but still working on sorting everything out, and could offer kits and finished props. Also open to any suggestions or ideas anyone has. Let me know if your'e interested down below!

Batch 1 (updated 17.02.19)
  1. Kokanee
  2. majormalfuntion
  3. VogonPoet
  4. fraktilfilth
  5. Padawan311
  6. hairball
  7. Jack
  8. LabApe
  9. StarWarrior....................finished
  10. acesh007
  11. MudSkull1815
  12. Admiral Beltar
  13. ApostleofColor
  14. Marcos22579
  15. VogonPoet #2
Batch 1 full for the moment

Batch 2/ Standby
  1. Vertex
  2. Huglarr
  3. Prop Rocks
  4. SithSim
  5. Mara Jade's Father
  6. blastmaster
  7. -
Update in post #64

So I was looking though the concept art for Solo and came across this image which captured my attention immediately; the Imperial Field Knife.

View attachment 907638

Don't think this made it to the movie but I love the design with the c96 style handle, and was wondering if anyone was interested in a small run.
  • Blade and guard would be aluminium, with milled relief
  • Grip would be resin or wood, most likely cast to simulate bakelite
  • Grip inserts with imperial cog can be brass, or cold cast. Brass would put the price up a little bit but would be amazing
I have mocked up the size, which is shown next to a real bayonet, let me know your thoughts

View attachment 908843 View attachment 908863 View attachment 908878 View attachment 908899

Handle mocked up

View attachment 910007

I am hoping to keep the costs down, but still working on sorting everything out, and could offer kits and finished props. Also open to any suggestions or ideas anyone has. Let me know if your'e interested down below!

Batch 1 (updated 17.02.19)
  1. Kokanee
  2. majormalfuntion
  3. VogonPoet
  4. fraktilfilth
  5. Padawan311
  6. hairball
  7. Jack
  8. LabApe
  9. StarWarrior....................finished
  10. acesh007
  11. MudSkull1815
  12. Admiral Beltar
  13. ApostleofColor
  14. Marcos22579
  15. VogonPoet #2
Batch 1 full for the moment

Batch 2/ Standby
  1. Vertex
  2. Huglarr
  3. Prop Rocks
  4. SithSim
  5. Mara Jade's Father
  6. blastmaster
  7. -

Hey guys, the time has come to get this rolling!! So please read all of this so you are up to speed!!

This is currently for Batch 1, Batch 2 hang tight (i.e do not send payment!), they are coming very shortly but are not ready for you yet!

OK listed below are the prices and options for the kit. Firstly, the kit will come with:
· 1 x cut and milled aluminium blade
· 1 x cut aluminium circular guard
· 1 x cast and drilled resin handle
· 2 x cold cast brass resin cog discs
These pieces have no finishing work done on them and have raw cut edges and surfaces

The cost of the base kit is £60 GBP + shipping. UK shipping is £6.50 GBP and International (everywhere else!) £20 GBP
I am offering extra finishing services if you would like me to do any of it to help you on your way (or to assemble completely!) These are subject to the prices below and of course, will take more time to ship to you, and I expect each person’s requirements will be different.

A)
Basic Edge Grinding £20

Bevelled edges roughed in down the front side of the blade with a belt sander

B)
Edge Grinding + Sanding with Blade sand + polish £55

Bevelled edges sanded on the belt sander then hand sanded and filed smooth. Due to the nature of this, the blade surface must also be sanded and polished (I will polish on a mop, but this may dull over time)

Blade options.jpg

C)
Blacken Guard + sanding £25

Circular guard is chemically dyed black using Aluminium Black. This is done a couple of times with sanding in between to produce a weathered black look

D)
Handle sand + polish £25

Handle is sanded and polished up to a nice finish. Could also be painted for additional cost, pm me to discuss this one

E)
Weathering (WB oils) £10

A pass of water based oil paint to give a worn look (will work better on finished assembled pieces, and only doable on pieces that have had finishing work)

F)
Finished and Assembled £185 (all in + shipping)

Complete prop with all the steps above and glued together

As previously noted, the brass cog discs can be upgraded via Shapeways to solid brass! This really makes them pop but this one is up to you and is easier to order straight from Shapeways
Imperial Field Knife Brass Insert by BucketheadProps on Shapeways

Disc options.jpg

Please decide if you would like any of these and make sure you are happy with the cost! Add up everything and send the total to paypal.me/bucketheadprops

with:
· Your RPF name and slot number (check first post!)
· Your real name and shipping information
· A contact email address
· What exactly you have paid for, using at least the letters assigned above (A,B,C,D,E,F) If it’s just the base kit + shipping, just put that.

Payment is by Paypal only, and please, all in one go to ease my admin. Please pay in GBP (no exceptions) and so that the recipient (me) receives the correct amount. If it comes through incorrect I will refund or ask for additional funds!

Please also post a reply in the thread to confirm payment AND what finishing options you may have chosen (A,B,C,D,E,F). Do not post any personal details such as shipping details in the thread.

Base kits are almost ready to box and ship so will be sent asap, most likely in the next week or 2. Once again, any finishing work will delay the shipping and I’ll address each order in turn. There is also a lot of admin for me to do with this, so everyone receives exactly what they want, so bear with me (I have a full time job already!)

I look forward to seeing these in your hands and seeing how you choose to finish them! and please tag me in any Instagram posts and the like (@bucketheadprops) so I see them! also tag #imperialfieldknife so we all can see! Thank you and I really hope you like them!

Dan (Buckethead)

Thanks to those getting involved and paying already. My machinist should have the handles done by the end of next week, so then those who have paid for just the base kit can start to be shipped to. In the meantime I will start some of the finishing for those who want it to help speed things along.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back