Done / Completed **LINEAGE** Foundry Cast ANH Kenobi Stunt Hilts (ANH/ROTJ - V2/V3)

Absolutely 0 rush man. Quality takes time, and it’s perfectly okay to step away to life for awhile. This is an ongoing run, and sometimes you just need a break.

I'm in the run coming up so I am saying no rush on my end - take your time to take care of yourself and the troubles. I will feel better owning a prop that was created by a maker at that makers enthusiasm and enjoyment. In the end- this is supposed to be fun for all of us. No worries :))

Finally repaired and painted up my resin stunt. Fun project. Here's a quick image of the results:

stunt.jpg

I'll finish these likely within the next two weeks. Thought I'd do a small update to let people know. (Sept. 22, 2022)
Okay, so that was complete lie. I honestly just couldn't pull myself together enough to meet any deadline, but, in their time, Run 10 and 11 met completion. I've already contacted those involved (sorry for it being so close to Christmas).

IMG_20221123_133330_401.jpg

I've got a renewed vigor fired up in me for another project and I'm aiming to finish this project and the remaining hilts by Feb/March of 2023. I'll likely take a break from these unless there's interest again (besides those looking for me to re-make the early hilts, but I'll get in touch with those folks later) but I think it'll be a bit before I fire up the forge again for projects this size.

As for the remaining hilts, I may reorganize them to get the easier-to-produce hilts out first (Raw Casts and Resin Stunts) and then the few ANH FX hilts, and then the V3 and V2, just to get them out in a timely manner to meet my deadline. I'll be updating this thread should it come to that.

Last edited:
I'd like to add that someone asked me about this cast that was being sold or needed work and they asked me if it was worth it and sent over pictures. I recognized it immediately and was like YES that's a poopapapalps V3 cast, there is nothing like it.

Good lord my photos are terrible: my phone camera (my whole phone) really needs a refresh.

But I got my casting
Thanks PoopaPapaPalps
They’re like two brothers from another mother!

(For those who don’t know I produced a bang on wooden buck from a RP: MK1 using the replicator lathe we happened to acquire at work)

F3DA6702-62AB-4113-A3C8-57D5FDB26365.jpeg

Good lord my photos are terrible: my phone camera (my whole phone) really needs a refresh.

But I got my casting
Thanks PoopaPapaPalps
They’re like two brothers from another mother!

(For those who don’t know I produced a bang on wooden buck from a RP: MK1 using the replicator lathe we happened to acquire at work)

Ooh that’s eerie how close those two are dimensionally.

After making a number of these and seeing comparisons of my casts to other replicas, I'm quite sure BRRogers experiments with the replicator lathe has some genuine merit. Whoever produced these had access to either the real Ben Hero prop or, at the very least, a photo of it and used the replicator to get the basic shape and then later cleaned/sharpened the details by hand. The placing of the details match, firstly, but then also the idiosyncrasies that exist on the buck (concave undercuts and soft plunge cuts, etc). Unfortunately, we'll never know for sure but all signs indicate to me that this is how these stunts started life.

Last edited:
... I never seem to be able to squirrel away enough cash to jump on this run.

You're telling me! I don't even have my own V2! :lol:

Thanks for the compliment, in any case. It's been a trip and a half to get to this point. I know it's been talked about for a least a decade for something like this to be done with the V2. I only wish I could make these faster.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back