Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Are any of the new parts compatible with the initial release?

Just asking before I start sanding v1 :)

Thanks

GT

Not really much to be reused as the fits between versions changed for different parts.

I wouldn’t worry much about it. The changes are generally subtle and most people won’t notice. Unless you are anal like me about accuracy [emoji23]

V1.20 Final...

Pub120_View 2.jpg

Attachments

• Pub120_View 7.jpg
    Pub120_View 7.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Pub120_View 8.jpg
    Pub120_View 8.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Pub120_View 9.jpg
    Pub120_View 9.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Pub120_View 10.jpg
    Pub120_View 10.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Pub120_View 11.jpg
    Pub120_View 11.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Pub120_View 12.jpg
    Pub120_View 12.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Pub120_View 6.jpg
    Pub120_View 6.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 122
For anyone wanting a more realistic booster engine, here are some additional copper wire runs you can put through. This never made it to the Veepy Assembly manual, as it was an optional feature...

extra1.JPG

extra2.JPG

Sorry to be a pain on this but I'm having issues extracting the files - downloaded via Microsoft Edge and followed all the instructions in the email for Winzip. I can see all the folders and PDFs in Winzip ('Booster' etc) but when I enter the password to begin extraction it opens a new window saying 'Winzip - specify location for part 1 of the archive' with a folder named 'Veepy_.$model._3d.zip'. So I selected that and it opens another 'specify location' window with a 'Booster' folder in it - selected that, and it opened ANOTHER 'specify location' window without any folders in it and will keep recycling that empty page whenever I click 'select folder' ... don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the download corrupted mid-route

Sorry to be a pain on this but I'm having issues extracting the files - downloaded via Microsoft Edge and followed all the instructions in the email for Winzip. I can see all the folders and PDFs in Winzip ('Booster' etc) but when I enter the password to begin extraction it opens a new window saying 'Winzip - specify location for part 1 of the archive' with a folder named 'Veepy_.$model._3d.zip'. So I selected that and it opens another 'specify location' window with a 'Booster' folder in it - selected that, and it opened ANOTHER 'specify location' window without any folders in it and will keep recycling that empty page whenever I click 'select folder' ... don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the download corrupted mid-route
Place all files inside one folder. Do not rename the files, (and do not allow your web browser to rename the files when downloading).
then take segment ONE and use Winrar or winzip to extract it. It should automatically “see” the other segments and will extract everything for you.

Thanks for letting me know - there was a problem with the file naming code (I had made some changes a couple of weeks ago)

I fixed it now... I believe if you fill out the download form again and download ONLY PART 1 from the email links you will get, you should be able to use the other 3 parts without issue. So you're looking at only downloading about 10 MB or less of data in that one file.

Put them all in one folder and open part 1 and use same password. Let me know via PM if any issues.

Thanks for letting me know - there was a problem with the file naming code (I had made some changes a couple of weeks ago)

I fixed it now... I believe if you fill out the download form again and download ONLY PART 1 from the email links you will get, you should be able to use the other 3 parts without issue. So you're looking at only downloading about 10 MB or less of data in that one file.

Put them all in one folder and open part 1 and use same password. Let me know via PM if any issues.
It worked!!!! All files downloaded and safely on my computer. Thanks so much for your help, I cannot WAIT to build this beauty

When it comes to printing this, is the orientation correct when I open in my slicer or is that left up to us?
I intentionally oriented most parts in ways that I believe bring some benefit (mostly keeping critical seams and joints on the horizontal plane). But supports may be suboptimal in those orientations. So best you decide !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back