Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Thanks all for your comments and feedback. It was my pleasure to make this project a reality.

I still don't have a build of my own, but it will be coming. If you complete your builds please come here and post your finished build pictures! That will give me plenty satisfaction.

Do you have any suggestions on how to apply rivits? A hand compressing tool wont fit. That leaves carefully hammering each one and trying not to break the model, or just gluing them in. Have you figured out other ways I haven’t thought of?

Do you have any suggestions on how to apply rivits? A hand compressing tool wont fit. That leaves carefully hammering each one and trying not to break the model, or just gluing them in. Have you figured out other ways I haven’t thought of?
Hold each rivet with tweezers. Glue each in one by one. That's how we did it on the original pattern. Patience. Slow and steady wins the race every time.

Maybe use what is used for Diamond Art application.
Find a tube (maybe brass) and press in something at the opening that will block it about 1/4" in and then
press in sticky wax.
That way you can pick up each rivet in the tube and place and glue where it is needed with super glue.
1637165690789.png

Last edited:
WOW!
Thank you Gnovilos!
I recently downloaded the files and poured over the 3D and the design/constructions.. Incredible workmanship!
Very Professional , what expertise! The instructions alone are a masterwork!
"Thanks" doesn't cut it! ...for all the man hours you put into this and for sharing it.
I have to get a few other projects out of the way first ...but cant wait to start this jetpack in earnest.

Finally got these files downloaded and WOW, just blown away. Some absolutely stellar craftsmanship, thank you very much for providing these!

I apologize for not seeing this thread until just recently but man, what an amazing job you did on this! It's also very generous and awesome of you to share this with the community.
I'm still learning how to model, so I'm very inspired of all the work you did on this model.
I also just recently got my first PLA printer, a CR10s Pro V2, so this may be one of the first big builds I'll be attempting.
Again, big thanks to gnolivos, and I hope I have my very own "Veepy" jetpack build to show in the near future.

Again a humungous thanks to gnolivos for making these files available. Because of his amazing work, I was able to build up the courage to put my printer to full use and learned a lot of things along the way.
Before this, the largest thing I printed was the barrel for an EE-3.

I don’t know when I will get the time to sand and finish this, but I’m just happy I finally have one in my collection.

Here’s where I am so far and everything is just loosely put together, so things may not be in the exact position they should be.

7E649571-9F06-49A9-A827-F335E3CF5DF7.jpeg

Having an issue with the download myself here. All files look like they have been downloaded successfully through Firefox, but WinRAR and WinZIP both are saying that the file is in either an unknown format or damaged. I tried downloading through chrome and It wouldn't even open the link, Edge download says the same as the Firefox download.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back