Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

Looking for reactions here... this is the mounting system I came up with for the engines.

The engines insert from the bottom, clear the tabs, rotate slightly and align into place and drop onto tabs.
The tabs have pockets for STRONG Magcraft 0.75in magnets. There is also an alignment pin to aid alignment.

Thoughts?
mount1.JPG
mount2.JPG

Last edited:
OK, so here is what I believe will be the final mounting method for the engine.

The engines insert from the bottom, clear the tabs, rotate slightly and align into place and drop onto tabs, all aligned by the 4 large posts.
There is one attachment point at the rear for a screw to hold the engines in place and prevent from sliding up and out.
posts1.JPG
posts2.JPG

No magnets.

Thoughts?

So, if I understand the concept: you`ll introduced the engine through the bottom of the tube and rotate it into place and snap it on those ledges...right?

So, if I understand the concept: you`ll introduced the engine through the bottom of the tube and rotate it into place and snap it on those ledges...right?

Sort of! You insert through the bottom indeed. You then allow the entire engine structure to rest on the 4 tabs.
Finally a screw at the rear keeps it from moving up.

Last edited:
For some chrome finish reference, here are some photos of a screen used rocketpack I took a couple of years ago.

...Nevermind! :)

Last edited:
For some chrome finish reference, here are some photos of a screen used rocketpack I took a couple of years ago.

Interesting. That rocket pack has many MANY differences from the 2 main rocket packs that are out in the wild. Doesn’t look too accurate compared to the hero pack. Believe me, I’ve studied the jetpacks for 10 months straight. [emoji23]

Absolutely! The property tag says it was used in the swap sequence, so it could be a one-off stunt version. Didn't want it to seem like I was making any comments about the shape, which is why I only intended it as a reference for the finish. :)

The view inside the engine bells and the separate panels (plus the screws holding them on) point to this being one of the practical flame packs.

IMG_4547.jpg

DSC02742_2.jpg

DSC02731_2.jpg

The proportions of the flame packs were definitely different from the other packs. They were in the ballpark, but not quite right.

DSC02763_2.jpg

So in addition to not being good reference in terms of shape, this pack is not good for finish reference either, since it was painted (I believe this might be the one that was restored, since it is very "clean" finish-wise).

Pics of the hero packs are what you should refer to - the heroes have a thin outer layer of zinc that was arc-sprayed into the mold before they were cast.

IMG_2912_2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back