Rocketeer “Veepy” Jetpack 3D printable kit project.

I have a need for someone with a GOOD and relative large printer to help me out. I’m trying to offload this task from the kind soul who has helped me endlessly so far. Spread the effort a little...

There are a few “fit” elements that need to be tested before final release of these files.

Some of you reached out in the past. If you want to print a few parts for me to test, as a contribution to the project, please send me a private message to coordinate.

Last edited:
Are you planning on doing the harness? or at least the solid detail parts of the harness?

We recently worked with Tom Spina to recreate the harness for an original pack display. We have all the specs and could look at doing a run if there was enough interest. We could probably even look at reproducing the buckles properly.

We recently worked with Tom Spina to recreate the harness for an original pack display. We have all the specs and could look at doing a run if there was enough interest. We could probably even look at reproducing the buckles properly.

I love Indy magnoli stuff so don’t take this the wrong way but this is the wrong thread to continue discussing other projects. Thanks for understanding !

how many rolls do you think this will take to print ? (1 kg rolls)

excluding the resin vents....

z

z

I’ll calculate that for you and post. But honestly there are many parts here you want in resin. The 4 vents in the tanks, the fins, the entire radiator, the tank blisters, the rear egg, the 2 circular vents...

IMPORTANT:

So I've had a few people inquiring about producing jetpacks commercially, from these files.

I want to make it clear that you are not to use these files for commercial purposes. I am not making any money from this (admittedly enormous) effort on my part, and I know everyone will understand when I say that I will not be granting any commercial use rights, or rights to re-sell these files as your own.

I am in fact putting some measures in place now to ensure usage is of personal project nature ONLY.

If you are looking to produce packs and sell them, these are not the files for you. There are other jetpack files out there that (as I understand it) grant you commercial rights, and you should be using those instead.

z
If you were to print every part of this model in FDM then the weight is 3.3KGs at 100 infill. Obviously less at lower infill values... I'd guess about 2 KGS in total, but you need to add all the filament required for support structures. So back to about 3 KGS maybe more!

Last edited:
I’m very excited about how the engines turned out. The test print (thanks Matt!!!) proved that the system I designed to secure it in place was the right one.

It inserts through bottom of tank, clears the 4 tabs, and then drops into place. A single screw at the back keeps it all together from moving back out.

Also I decided to split the engine in 2 printable parts that attach together with a notched orientation feature as usual.

Very happy with all this and how it turned out.

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
I need someone with a high detail resin printer (Mars Elegoo etc) to help me with a few small prints to test something out and tweak some dimensions. Please PM me!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back