Magic of Myth ( MoM ) Luke RotJ Hero ( cave build ) lightsaber research, images, reference, & collaborative model builder's discussion.

Hey guys. I just stumbled across an image I hadn't seen before whilst on my travels around the internet...

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg

*Image belongs to Original Prop Blog

The Hero's there, near the front, and the V3 over to the right... What's the deal with the 3rd metal hilt (with bare aluminium wind vane)??

Has this ever been discussed before? It appears to have a gold neck and tri-ring. It's got me scratching my head a little! o_O

View attachment 1271287
Sorry for the delay; this is a bench test.
3V power (two watch batteries)
SPST > SPDT snap action > blinking red/green scale train signal light LEDs > common negative to power.

I’m not saying this is THE setup; in fact it’s pretty messy (relative to another member who is also working on this)

I’m trying to figure out how to alter the timing parameters on these LEDs because (unlike their data sheet implies) they haven’t been speeding up or slowing down with voltage variance. A simple IC is built in on these; so considering built in IC, no resistor necessary, and only 3V required i think they could all certainly fit inside the box: and at MOST require a milled area in between the mounting screws for the 3V battery to sit.
These particular LEDs can take 14V unresisted...

I still need to assemble my photos for the other issue in question thd9791

Is this something you'd consider making and selling as kits for people wanting to do this?

So, now that we have these amazing replicas from Anakin Starkiller and the Dave P/BR Rogers project I went back to look at an earlier hilt I have.

I dont think hes a member here anymore, but Noah McCloud (?) I think was his name.. wanted to make the Yuma for himself and made a few extra and sold them on Etsy. After my time on here I noticed some key details he had nailed and bugged him. He made me the box to my guestimations and I made the lever after a couple failed attempts. He got so freaking close!

This is also the ace antique gold stuff. I have another paint on the way that may be more accurate.

I do want to deepen the nipple hole and add the other set screw now that we know its there and make this yuma more functional.. and repaint it with the alleged black everywhere

Attachments

• 20201210_111150.jpg
    20201210_111150.jpg
    905.4 KB · Views: 186

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back