Magic of Myth ( MoM ) Luke RotJ Hero ( cave build ) lightsaber research, images, reference, & collaborative model builder's discussion.

I didn't measure, but I guess the walls on mine were 1.5mm to begin with. Now are at 1mm to have enough space on the sides of the chip to match what I'm seeing here:
View attachment 1656621

On the outside the box is 18.23mm wide, so that leaves 16mm for the board.

Sounds good, our control boxes are very close in size. :DThese are the approximate dimensions of the MOM G2 control box that I measured earlier. Then I made a new control box based on the dimensions of my Vintage board and the modified MOM G2 control box.

Once we can be 100% sure that the dimensions of the right side of the real Hero board, and the shaded parts I see in that picture are true, I will again resize the control box thin wall to recreate one, and then retrim a new Vintage board. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Lucas Museum of Art debut of the Hero prop photo feedback.

And I will have a large number of Vintage calculators ready by the time that day to further modify the Vintage board to be closer to the real prop.[If we can see the real circuit board in the control box on that day :D]

20230110191550.png

20230110164822.png
20230110165051.png
20230110164839.png

20230110155607.png
20230112114556.png

Last edited:
I'm only using the boards from some calculators with similar chips for now. I got few of them when I was looking for something close before Bryan found the right one. They don't look like the real board, but for sizing I only needed the chip to be the same (or same size).

Left is the one I trimmed to fit in the unmodified box, and right is what I can fit now
1673364379892.png

I'm only using the boards from some calculators with similar chips for now. I got few of them when I was looking for something close before Bryan found the right one. They don't look like the real board, but for sizing I only needed the chip to be the same (or same size).

Left is the one I trimmed to fit in the unmodified box, and right is what I can fit now
View attachment 1656711
Thank you for sharing your previous test results. If you haven't gotten the Casio LC-785 A/B calculator yet then I have One more open addresses here. This seller is a bit odd, but I'll still wish you luck. I am sure he is looking for the right person and selling this calculator.
If you already have one or more calculators, you can ignore this address.:D [Casio LC-785]

Thank you for sharing your previous test results. If you haven't gotten the Casio LC-785 A/B calculator yet then I have One more open addresses here. This seller is a bit odd, but I'll still wish you luck. I am sure he is looking for the right person and selling this calculator.
If you already have one or more calculators, you can ignore this address.:D [Casio LC-785]

Yes, I was lucky to find one already, so maybe some other forum member will be able to get this one :)

Is there any change in the uniform Grenade of MoM between Gen1 and Gen2?
samukatop1.gif

I think when people get the G2 they will like the pommel detail on the Gen2, at least I do, my interest has shifted from the grenade to the pommel. I think these details will soon be the biggest highlights of G2.

20230115155834.png
20230115160517.png

Yessssss I’m in the camp of it being a scar: the thing cuts into the beveled edge of the box.

Other than roughing up a surface for glue, I can’t see the reason for it. I’ve definitely don’t that for epoxy, and miscalculated how small the part is.

If they’re made like mine, that’s one smooth surface to another, some topography is the only reliable way to glue them together
61562C9D-C935-499F-8262-52A86EBC43B1.jpeg

so i have emailed 7 chambers twice now with no reply at all which is pathetic, i payed my money for the gen 2 mom a couple months ago. are they still in production? what is the go? i feel like im being scammed when i email the website twice to get an update and cant even get a reply after they have taken my money

I'm on the same boat (and honestly considering cancelling my order, especially as Korbanth is releasing a new hero hilt with no wait time), I ordered mine nine months ago, and quite losing hope of receiving it. I know the newletter said that the MoM would be ready by the end of may (so about now), but I'd love an update too please BRRogers

Gonna go ahead and open this observation up for viewing and commenting:
Let’s see what you all think with this statement and following photos.

“The Hero rails are the same paint as the V3 neck”

Ok, go!
IMG_3954.jpeg
IMG_2597.jpeg
IMG_2588.jpeg

Super zoomed image is Hero rail section (left) and V3 neck section (right)
Conjecture leads to this:
The same paint (dry rubbed) on brass would look a bit different when it is sprayed on aluminum, except for the saturated areas which might be indicative here…
IMG_2599.jpeg
IMG_2596.jpeg
IMG_2607.jpeg

Leading to this:
If the brass rails (per ISYHCANL fact) were painted with the same copper as the V3 neck and were subject to thin or rubbed-off areas… (button “pushing” while filming the cave sequence) the brass underneath would still be exposed and then have a chance to naturally darken.

IMG_2602.jpeg
IMG_2601.jpeg

Indicated here… the majority of the rails maintains an unnaturally unfazed coppery hue while there are areas (with progressively sharpening edges) that have darkened and taken on an ‘oil rubbed brass’ color… notably just above the black buttons and some areas on the top of the rails.

Theory:
The MoM rails were painted with the same V3 neck paint (conveniently) to more closely match the copper patina of the clamp card which would have oxidized after ISYHCANL… aka prior to filming the cave scene. During the cave scene - and noting the way Randy Jonsson grips the hilt and buttons in the deleted scene… it may be suggested with visual evidence that paint could have been burnished off during the filming of that sequence just above the buttons- and potentially other areas on the box.

Gonna go ahead and open this observation up for viewing and commenting:
Let’s see what you all think with this statement and following photos.

“The Hero rails are the same paint as the V3 neck”

Ok, go!
View attachment 1714684View attachment 1714685View attachment 1714686
Super zoomed image is Hero rail section (left) and V3 neck section (right)
Conjecture leads to this:
The same paint (dry rubbed) on brass would look a bit different when it is sprayed on aluminum, except for the saturated areas which might be indicative here…
View attachment 1714687View attachment 1714688View attachment 1714689

Leading to this:
If the brass rails (per ISYHCANL fact) were painted with the same copper as the V3 neck and were subject to thin or rubbed-off areas… (button “pushing” while filming the cave sequence) the brass underneath would still be exposed and then have a chance to naturally darken.

View attachment 1714692View attachment 1714693
Indicated here… the majority of the rails maintains an unnaturally unfazed coppery hue while there are areas (with progressively sharpening edges) that have darkened and taken on an ‘oil rubbed brass’ color… notably just above the black buttons and some areas on the top of the rails.

Theory:
The MoM rails were painted with the same V3 neck paint (conveniently) to more closely match the copper patina of the clamp card which would have oxidized after ISYHCANL… aka prior to filming the cave scene. During the cave scene - and noting the way Randy Jonsson grips the hilt and buttons in the deleted scene… it may be suggested with visual evidence that paint could have been burnished off during the filming of that sequence just above the buttons- and potentially other areas on the box.
Is this going to be another one like the neck colour?.... :lol:

Just a couple of things to consider from that ongoing conversation:
  • These metallic colours look wildly different under different lighting conditions.
  • They change over time, both naturally, and possibly by design.
I love the amount of thought and attention you put in to these questions, Bryan!

It's an interesting proposition. My thinking has gone in a different direction though to be honest.

I'm now of the view that the rails were copper all along. The ISYHCANL rails were certainly brass, but there are just too many inconsistencies between the MoM/Identities images and their appearance in the ISYHCANL scene.

In this image here, they appear to me to be folded, bare metal, rather than CNCd section. And the colour is startlingly close to the copper traces on the board:

BOX RAILS.jpg

It could be that in the image you posted, the rails had been lightly sprayed over maybe? and that paint has since been rubbed off? Not discounting the similarities in colour in that image at all. Or, maybe the paint on the V3 neck was a good match for the newer copper rails which have faded over time to look how they do now?

Anyway, just thought I'd share my own thinking on these as it has shifted over time.

I think this will be a contentious one within the community, so I've decided to give a couple of different options as part of my upcoming run.

Personally though, I'm leaning towards bare copper rails.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back