Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

*update*

Hi everyone. Just a curtesy update to check in. Not too much to report I'm afraid whilst the parts are in production.

There is some exciting news though. The Body sections are finished and in quality control, along with the ISYHCANL boxes.

The Hero boxes, Yuma Boxes, and Hero Plates are still "in production", but shouldn't be too far behind. I'll keep everyone updated as things move along.

I've now received all the other parts and screws, etc. I'll be cutting all the brass rails and T-Profile down to size on Monday, as well as casting the triangles for the Hero boxes.

So, Monday will be a more exciting update (with pictures).

Just wanted to check in and let you all know how things are progressing.

Really excited to get working on these when the parts come in!

Thanks again for your support everyone!

All the best,

Dave

*Update*

Hi everyone. It was a bit silly of me to promise an update for today, with pictures of the cast triangles... I've got the resin in to the mold, no problem. It's a little early to remove from the mold though. I'd like to leave overnight if that's ok, to ensure that it's fully cured.

I'll be removing the red ones tomorrow and getting the green ones poured in to the mold, so I'll let everyone know how they've turned out. Looking good so far though. (y)

IMG_20201005_120114~2.jpgIMG_20201005_132816~2.jpg

I've also made a start on the reveal boards for the run. All 50 of them! :eek:

IMG_20201005_171548~3.jpg

Another busy day planned for tomorrow with the above, as well as getting through a few Tri-Rings.

Hoping to get some production pictures of the CNCd parts soon! I'll post those as soon as I receive them.

That's all for now though.

As always, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Dave

*Update*

Hi Everyone. Time for an update. I'm away this weekend, so just wanted to check in and let everyone know where things are...

The boards are nearly done! Working on 50 in one go has proved incredibly time consuming! It was to be expected. The previous batch of 20 took a couple of days. They're nearly there though! All the components have been fixed. Just need to attach the wires and add the foil sticker to each chip! These are so fiddly and time consuming, but worth it. :)

BOARDS.jpg

The Resin triangles are still a work in progress too... Most (but not all) are usable. I can always cast more if needed though. Bubbles were a bit of a problem. I had to poke around in each triangle to remove as many air bubbles as I could before the resin began to cure. I managed to get rid of most of them, but as you can see, some of them remained. Not a problem though as I'll only be using the ones that are perfect. I'll be leaving to fully cure (a few more days) before working on them.

TRIANGLES.jpg

As for the parts...

The Body sections are finished, but require a further procedure. I've seen them, and they're beautiful! :love: I've had to send them to have the emitter hole extended though unfortunately. For some reason the machine shop had milled them to the depth of the previous run. :rolleyes: The couple that I unwrapped were perfect in every other way! Very happy with them! I've been assured that this relatively straight forward procedure will be done in no time, and I'll have them back around the same time that the remaining parts were expected anyway. Soon!

I'll do a full reveal once I have everything in hand!

Everything is coming together now and I have the packaging ordered, so I'll be starting to prepare boxes and print shipping labels next week!

It's been an incredibly busy week, so apologies for the lack of updates. As always, thanks for your patience!

AbandonedEllipticalHerald-small.gif

*Update*

Hi everyone. Just a quick update to keep everyone informed. There have been some exciting developments on the manufacturing side. All of the CNC'd parts are now either finished, or in QC!

I finally got the boards finished the other day and I'm in the process of getting all the Tri-Rings made for the run. These are all hand made too, so like the boards, they take time. Nearly done though and moving on to the stainless ones.

IMG_20201016_153655~2.jpg

The body sections have been returned to the machine shop to have a final process applied. This is in progress as we speak (in the UK) and should only take a couple of days.

I've received the ISYHCANL boxes and they look great! On the previous run, I hadn't added a deep enough countersink, so this had to be increased by hand before they could be sent out. This has been fixed this time around, and they look great.

IMG_20201016_163524.jpg

The Hero and Yuma boxes are finished and in quality control, so should be on their way to me soon.

The Hero plates are also finished and in QC. This is great news as I need a couple of these to complete the triangles. In order to get the triangles to a uniform height, I use two of the plates, sandwiched together to hold the triangles while sanding/polishing. So I'm looking forward to receiving those.

The slothfurnace cards arrived (thanks Brad!). So that's everything covered now. :)

IMG_20201016_163614.jpg

Still to do:

• Brass rails (cut to length)
  • T Profiles (trim central strut and cut to length)
  • Black Buttons (cut to length and add detail)
I've received all the necessary materials for the above.

My regular freelance work has gone down to two days per week for now, so I'll be putting full days in to getting everything tied up now (Mon/Tue/We'd)

Very excited that everything seems to be coming together. I wouldn't like to put a date on things, but it's certainly looking like kits will be getting shipped out to everyone soon.

Thanks again to everyone who's placed their trust in me and helped to make this run happen!

As always, I'll keep you updated with any developments.

All the best and MTFBWY.

Dave

*Update*

Hi Everyone. Just a little update for you. Exciting delivery today! Hero and Yuma boxes have arrived! :)

Boxes_01.jpg

Boxes_02.jpg

I'm working today, so I'll be checking them all over this evening, but I've unwrapped a couple and they look great!

You might notice a slight difference from the previous run. Additional supports for the PCB have been added to the hero box. This is for those who wish to cut the end of the board to match the original prop.

Just waiting for the bodies to be returned now and the Hero plates which shouldn't be too far behind. :)

The Tri-Rings are finished by the way and I'm part way through cutting the brass strips to length.

Everything is coming together now though, so I'll keep you informed with any further developments.

PALP.gif

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

Awww how did I miss this?? It looks fantastic!

For anyone who might be wondering,

There are a couple of Hero kits available still, for anyone who'd like to jump on to the run.

I ordered a few extra kits (five originally but one has already been taken) for me to do some complete builds further down the line, but with the commission work I already have lined up, I'm willing to let these go as kits.

First come, first serve on the four I have left.

Here's the total price (including shipping/fees):
  • UK = £221.72
  • EUROPE = £225.96
  • INTERNATIONAL = £242.15
Just drop me a DM if you're interested.

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

*Update*

Hi Everyone. Just a quick update on my previous post. Those last four kits have now been taken.

I still have 10X Bodies from my previous run which were damaged slightly in transit. I've ordered Gen2 Hero boxes for these and will be repairing them further down the line to sell as either hybrid kits or complete builds. These will probably be available sometime in December, after I've completed any commissions I have for this run.

Some exciting projects planned for after that (next year), which I'll be announcing soon! ;)

Work going well on the run:

All Hero boxes have been checked for tool marks and put aside for safe keeping (along with their PCBs).

boxes.jpg

I've trimmed all the brass rails and T-Profile to size. Just need to trim down the middle strut to the correct length and tidy up the ends.

T Profile.jpg

I'm expecting the Boby sections back any day now! The emitters have been drilled to the new depth

I received these pictures from the manufacturer that I thought you might like to see:

20201026_112931[4248].jpg

20201026_112913[4249].jpg

I'll post some better ones once they've arrived back with me.

Still waiting for an ETA on the plates for the hero box. That will be the last thing to come in (still in QC). As soon as I know more on that, I'll update everyone. :)

Thanks again everyone and all the best,

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back