Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DaveP

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone...

I’m finally ready to go ahead with the second run for Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica!

BeautyShot_01.jpg

Thank you to everyone for being so patient!

The first run turned out great! I was VERY happy with the quality of the parts, and the builds that I’ve seen so far look phenomenal! You can see a build thread of my own progress HERE.

Here are some images of where they're up to:

The Holy Trinity (Yuma/ISYHCANL *from a previous project*/Hero):

FIN_04.jpg

Luke Hero:

FIN_02.jpg
Box.jpg
FIN_03.jpg
Emitter.jpg

Luke Hero Reveal detail:

BeautyShot_02.jpg
Comparison.jpg
PCB.jpg

The above images are of the 3D printed board from the 1st run. This second run will include a real circuit board replica that is currently in production and will be built up to match the original in every detail:

Board WIP.jpg
MICROCONTROLLER.jpg

BOARD CONCEPT FINAL 90.jpg

Yuma:

Yuma_02.jpg
Yuma_01.jpg

Raw Parts, as supplied in the kit:

BODY.jpg
BODY_02.jpg
EMITTER.jpg
HERO BOX.jpg
POMMEL.jpg

The first run was and still is an incredibly accurate representation of this prop. Something that I'm very proud of. Please take a look at the ORIGINAL THREAD to see how I arrived at the current set of models. It can't hurt to run through the process one last time though to pick up any areas that might be improved.

I've now finished reworking the model and checking checking it against the highest res images available:

REF_01.png

SIDE VIEW.png

Granade Close Up.png

Please read through the thread for further information and details on how I arrived at this final version of the replica.

This run will be slightly different to the first run, in that the standard kit will comprise of all parts needed for the *Hero version only*.

The kit will include the following:

• Solid Aluminium Yuma Body (Predrilled and threaded)
  • Hero Box
  • Lazer-Cut Hero Plate (Predrilled and countersunk)
  • Acrylic Triangles
  • Black Button
  • T-Track
  • Brass Rails
  • Wide Blue ROTJ Card
  • Screen Accurate Tri-Ring in choice of Stainless or Mild Steel
  • Real Parts Replica PCB For Cave Scene Reveal
  • All Screws
HERO RUN.jpg

Price:

The first run proved to be far more work than was expected, and although I priced it up to be pretty close to the cost of production, The time spent hand making the various components, along with PayPal fees (which I didn’t take in to account) meant that the run was produced at a slight loss. I did get to have my models realised though, and got two kits for myself at what I consider to be a reasonable price, so far be it from me to complain!

For this kit, I’m intending to have the profiles for the triangles and T-Tracks manufactured rather than making them entirely by hand. This will increase the cost of production slightly, but save me a considerable amount of time/work.

For the first run, the triangles were cut from acrylic sheet and sanded to fit the plates! Very fiddly work. Multiply this by fifty… Well, having the profile manufactured in to triangular rods will make my life a LOT easier. The same with the T-Track which had to be modified by cutting down the central piece to the correct length.

The additional cost of having these parts partially manufactured will be absorbed by removing the ISYHCANL and YUMA options from the kit, so I’ll be keeping the price of the kit the same:

Hero Kit: £200 + PayPal Fees: (will be worked out on an individual basis based on order/location) + Postage: UK = £15/Europe = £18/International = £30

In addition to the Hero kit, I will be offering both a Yuma kit and an ISYHCANL kit. The full kits will come with all the necessary parts such at Tri-Rings/Rails/Clamp Cards/Etc. Individual parts can be ordered too for those who want them.

Kits:
  • Hero Kit = £200
  • ISYHCANL Kit = £165
  • Yuma Kit = £135
Individual Parts:
  • Body = £90
  • Hero Box and Plate (includes triangles/screws) = £45
  • Full Hero Box (rails/buttons/clamp card) = £80
  • PCB Hero Reveal = £20
  • Yuma Box = £25
  • ISYHCANL Box = £25
  • Tri-Ring = £7

For now, this thread is just for gauging interest, so there is no commitment at this stage.

If you're unfamiliar with the previous run, please do check out the thread, as it will give you a better idea of the history behind the project, and the design process. You can view the thread for the first run HERE.

Also, for those who are interested, I'm taking a limited number of commissions on these:

Hero/ISYHCANL builds = £150 (No electronics)
Yuma builds = £200

If you're interested in taking part in this run, please leave a comment on the thread and I'll add your name to the list.

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

Interest List:

1) Dan Payne (FB) (Hero Kit) - PAID
2) Hecubus114 (Hero Kit) - PAID
3) thd9791 (Hero Kit - Tri-Ring/Rails/Button) - PAID
4) Fekali (Hero Kit) - PAID
5) kittspropshop (Hero Kit) - PAID
6) Raiders March (Hero Kit) - PAID
7) DarthBen123 (Hero Kit) - PAID
8) Aison (Hero Kit) - PAID
9) mrwax (Hero Kit + ISYHCANL Box + Yuma Box) - PAID

10) Ogibendogy (Hero Kit + ISYHCANL Box + Yuma Box) - PAID
11) BeggarsCanyon (Hero Kit + Yuma Kit) - Payment Pending
12) Black Ninja (Hero Kit) - PAID

13) Gen0 (Hero Kit) - PAID
14) PrinceZip (Hero Kit) - PAID
15) DROPPED OUT
16) Johnny3072 (Hero Kit) - PAID

17) xwingercrash (ISYHCANL Kit) - PAID
18) Kraig Kenobi (Yuma Kit) - PAID
29) Djblingbling1 (Hero Box *no plate*) - PAID
20) Inigou (Hero Kit) - PAID
21) rockbottom (Hero Kit + Build) - PAID
22) andyroo (Hero Kit) - PAID
23) RModin (Hero Kit) - PAID
24) teecrooz (Hero Kit) - PAID
25) Poikilotherm (1st run kit + HK + 2x body + HB + SC + 2x TR ) - PAID
26) bluetree1o (Yuma Kit + ISYHCANL Kit) - PAID

27) Han Solo fan (1 X Body + 1 X PCB) - PAID
28) DROPPED OUT
29) LordHaru (Yuma Kit) - PAID

30) Fett_Ish (Hero Kit) - PAID
31) Dewy (Hero Kit + Body) - PAID
32) PaleHaunt (PCB) - Contacted
33) enrico (Hero Kit + Build) - PAID

34) Planettera (PCB) - SENT
35) CDYoung ((Hero Kit + Build) - PAID
36) Jonas (PCB) - SENT
37) Darthlarry (PCB) - SENT

38) DROPPED OUT
39) nailuj (Hero Kit) - PAID
40) Scruffylooking (PCB) - Contacted
41) El Toro (Hero Kit, minus clamp card + PCB) - PAID
42) juajn7fernandez (Hero Kit + Yuma box + ISYHCANL box) - Payment Pending
43) Starchaser (Hero Kit) - PAID
44) Hylo133 (PCB) - SENT
45) ivuchan (2 X Hero Kits + 2 X Yuma Box + 2 X ISYHCANL) - PAID
46) ReploidRX (Hero Kit + PCB + 2X Tri Ring) - PAID

47) Anakin Starkiller (PCB) - SENT
48) Nick Deleslie (FB) (PCB)- SENT

49) Noble Rich (FB) (Hero + Build) - PAID

50) Chris Lüßmann (FB) (Hero Kit) - PAID
51) Duncan Schaffer (FB) (Yuma Kit) - PAID
52) Carl Chen (Hero Kit) - PAID
53) skoota73 (Hero Kit + Yuma Kit) - PAID
54) amadeusw (Hero Kit) - PAID

55) IanSolo (Hero Kit) - PAID
56) Shelby Rhodes (FB) (Full Hero Box) - PAID

57) Brian08 (Hero Kit) - PAID

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, since I already have some parts from this kit, if it's possible I'm in for the body (with the set screws) and the Hero Box/plate/buttons (and hopefully the little screws for the plate)

I'm weird, I want to fabricate my own box internals and rails... and I already have the Tri Ring and the crazy accurate board!

DaveP

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, since I already have some parts from this kit, if it's possible I'm in for the body (with the set screws) and the Hero Box/plate/buttons (and hopefully the little screws for the plate)

I'm weird, I want to fabricate my own box internals and rails... and I already have the Tri Ring and the crazy accurate board!
Awesome. No worries, Tom. I can certainly knock something off the price closer to the time since you've already paid some technically :)