For real?!
KIMG0285.JPG

One of the new engine cover grilles, with the protective film still on, as a tease. :)

Yeah Fett being their mother was a half hearted joke. Then again I would expect no less from Meghann than to drag the thread back into his web of praise to his god. Because there's no other worthy topic than it. Behold The Last Jedi!

No he wasn't.

And I'm going out on a limb here...but maaaaaaybe, just maybe the Boba Fett=Luke's mother line was...how do they call it? A joke?
Yep... Even back then, Mark would call out decisions he didn't fully embrace, like the fact that Leia being his sister came out of nowhere.

Narratively, that is.

I don't need someone to cite the 3rd grade book report where Lucas wrote that he thought twins were cool, & Mrs. Organic Leiason (his 3rd grade teacher) encouraged him to develop that idea in a poem or something else that rhymes, as proof that the idea was 'planned' from the jump.

I'd love to see this elusive completed tome of George's "original vision." With all the variations it must be about 1,000 pages long.

No he wasn't.

The money quote from that article, though.

Had Luke fallen to the Dark Side, the trilogy would have felt unresolved. Things would have essentially been back to exactly where they were at the start of 1977's A New Hope. The Emperor would still be in charge of the Empire, and he'd still have a Skywalker at his side, albeit a different one than he'd had before. There would have been no change in the world, and that would have made the story feel as if it was all for nothing, which makes for a weak ending. In contrast, the ending to Return of the Jedi that Lucas chose instead gave the trilogy the catharsis the series needed to feel complete.

Sounds awfully familiar, don't it?

tenor.gif

Anyway...

View attachment 1413866

One of the new engine cover grilles, with the protective film still on, as a tease. :)

good luck on your project. Delorean is such a cool car with the gullwing doors.

one thing I’ve noticed recently is that it is very safe to dump on Rise of Skywalker. I’ve noticed that even some pretty corporate YouTube channels making content unrelated to Star Wars would cite Rise when referencing disappointing endings or failures which means people feel it’s pretty safe to dump on Rise.

not to defend Rise because it did do a lot wrong (make Reylo canon, did nothing with Finn or Rise, butchered Poe further, butchered Hux, butchered Palpatine and undermined the prophecy) but it was also set up to fail.

I feel like TROS is best watched in the manner of the old Tartovsky Clone Wars microseries -- treat it as a bunch of short vignettes and it works much better than if you view it as a single, ongoing narrative.

The only question I have is plutonium chamber or Mr. Fusion???
I plan to start a thread over in the General Modeling section eventually (I think of it as a 1:1 scale working model -- it certainly has about as many pieces as the 1:72 PG Falcon kit!), but to put it succinctly, I'm doing my own thing -- one or two BTTF DeLoreans is cool, but there are so many now I find it trite. Plus, the thought of doing that to one of these cars is about as painful as the thought of butchering an original Graflex or Mauser to make a prop replica. But to answer your question, CNG with solar. ;)

They should have had the faith in their creators and let Trevorrow make his movie

Trevorrow also had some issues although he did do justice to Kylo and actually had Rey struggle. Kylo Ren actually gets his wish like Anakin in becoming all powerful and pays the price as a result. Finn actually has something to do by leasing the stormtroopers.

kind of the opposite of the has anyone suffered more than Ellie meme (from TLoU2 and the answer is an easy yes) but has anyone struggled less than Rey (who is not from a children’s movie or comedy?)

yes she begins life as an unwanted orphan in a hostile land but she never loses a fight, feel helpless, suffers any serious injury, or even struggle in terms of learning a new skill. She does “suffer” from not knowing who her parents were and her dark side (which is weird since she forgoes her parents in TFA only to suffer in TLJ and willing embraces the dark side in TLJ and now struggles in RoS).

So I had a thought the other day. In ESB Obi-Wan tells Luke. "If you choose to face Vader, you will do it alone. I cannot interfere." I was thinking why would Obi-Wan tell this to Luke? I mean he's a Force spirit and obviously he can't interfere, right? But then I started wondering if this was meant to be a reference to Splinters of the Mind's Eye? Where Obi-Wan takes control of Luke to help him in his fight with Vader?

Last edited:
So I had a thought the other day. In ESB Obi-Wan tells Luke. "If you choose to face Vader, you will do it alone. I cannot interfere." I was thinking why would Obi-Wan tell this to Luke? I mean he's a Force spirit and obviously he can't interfere, right? But then I started wondering if this was meant to be a reference to Splinters if the Mind's Eye? Where Obi-Wan takes control of Luke to help him in his fight with Vader?
Well, Lucas' plan had been to have Obi-Wan gradually pulling his sense of self back together over Luke's arc -- from disembodied voice to hazy and distant static figure to close and clear but still static figure to fully present and mobile and able to interact with the physical world -- and, ultimately, to step back across the veil to full corporeality when Luke faced the Emperor. Remember the full line he delivered to Vader in Star Wars was, "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine -- but if my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist." It was a rare-ish discipline, in his mind, but a thing Jedi could do and Sith couldn't. Part of his problem with the EU was things like Exar Kun -- in his view, Sith didn't leave Force ghosts.

Anyway, that notion survived all the way up until he had compressed the rest of Luke's arc from four films to one and it was in story sessions for ROTJ that he decided having Obi-Wan come back would undercut Luke's triumph, and the "I cannot interfere" line was created. I, personally, like to think it's just because Luke would be confronting the Emperor in his Place of Power and the Dark Side would be too strong for Ben to manifest there. After the Prequels, I further like to imagine that moment as Ghost Obi-Wan steels himself, closes his eyes, takes a step -- and with a skin-crinkling effect, he's there in the flesh... Ewan MacGregor's flesh. Now-in-his-prime-again Obi-Wan looks down at his hands, raises his eyebrows, and says, "Well... I admit I wasn't expecting that."

I still stand by that he couldn't interfere because of the Dark-Side miasma surrounding the Emperor (and Vader?) keeping him out. "Piss off, ghost!" and that we never plumbed the depths of what Force ghosts were or were not capable of, but I feel "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" should have more clout than just "...because it will give the next Hero his burning motivation to kick your ass when he sees you kill me".

I didn't like, either, how EU authors had no idea what to do with Force ghosts, so just pretty much wrote them out. Of the things TROS did right, I do feel they reclaimed Force ghosts.

Well, Lucas' plan had been to have Obi-Wan gradually pulling his sense of self back together over Luke's arc -- from disembodied voice to hazy and distant static figure to close and clear but still static figure to fully present and mobile and able to interact with the physical world -- and, ultimately, to step back across the veil to full corporeality when Luke faced the Emperor. Remember the full line he delivered to Vader in Star Wars was, "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine -- but if my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist." It was a rare-ish discipline, in his mind, but a thing Jedi could do and Sith couldn't. Part of his problem with the EU was things like Exar Kun -- in his view, Sith didn't leave Force ghosts.

Anyway, that notion survived all the way up until he had compressed the rest of Luke's arc from four films to one and it was in story sessions for ROTJ that he decided having Obi-Wan come back would undercut Luke's triumph, and the "I cannot interfere" line was created. I, personally, like to think it's just because Luke would be confronting the Emperor in his Place of Power and the Dark Side would be too strong for Ben to manifest there. After the Prequels, I further like to imagine that moment as Ghost Obi-Wan steels himself, closes his eyes, takes a step -- and with a skin-crinkling effect, he's there in the flesh... Ewan MacGregor's flesh. Now-in-his-prime-again Obi-Wan looks down at his hands, raises his eyebrows, and says, "Well... I admit I wasn't expecting that."

I still stand by that he couldn't interfere because of the Dark-Side miasma surrounding the Emperor (and Vader?) keeping him out. "Piss off, ghost!" and that we never plumbed the depths of what Force ghosts were or were not capable of, but I feel "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" should have more clout than just "...because it will give the next Hero his burning motivation to kick your ass when he sees you kill me".

I didn't like, either, how EU authors had no idea what to do with Force ghosts, so just pretty much wrote them out. Of the things TROS did right, I do feel they reclaimed Force ghosts.
You say the story sessions for ROTJ? But the "I can not interfere." line comes from ESB. I don't quite understand.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back