The over zealous attempts at comedy are part of the many reasons TLJ and the ST were what they were. Comedic writing really has to work with the actors playing the parts. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill's banter in the OT works well. It's much different than Oscar Issac, Daisy Ridley & John Boyega's who have the chemistry, delivery, comedic sense and timing of door knobs (despite performing well separately in other films).

Cobra Kai romcoming the ST would've actually made it worse, if that's possible. Looking forward to season III of Cobra Kai and always hopeful that SW will breathe new life into itself.

I don’t think anyone wants a teen romcomming of Star Wars and if Lucasfilms takes that as the lesson learned comparing CK’s success vs ST, we would be in big trouble lol.

I think teen romcomming works in Cobra Kai because in essence, Karate Kid is kind of a teen rom com story at heart like Star Wars is family soap opera at heart. Every KK movie is essentially about 2 guys fighting over a girl, just framed in the context of karate.

Daniel-Ali-Johnny is new kid comes to school, falls for girl and meets with bad ex. New kid loses at first, improves himself, makes big gesture (wins karate tournament) and gets the girl.

I do think a Star Wars tv sequel to the OT could and probably would work better than a trilogy film. The sequel would have to answer a ton of questions like how to rebuild the galaxy and government, what are the vested interests, who are the splinter factions, etc and a ton of nitty gritty details that would be superfluous in a movie.

I don’t think anyone wants a teen romcomming of Star Wars and if Lucasfilms takes that as the lesson learned comparing CK’s success vs ST, we would be in big trouble lol.

I think teen romcomming works in Cobra Kai because in essence, Karate Kid is kind of a teen rom com story at heart like Star Wars is family soap opera at heart. Every KK movie is essentially about 2 guys fighting over a girl, just framed in the context of karate.

Daniel-Ali-Johnny is new kid comes to school, falls for girl and meets with bad ex. New kid loses at first, improves himself, makes big gesture (wins karate tournament) and gets the girl.

I do think a Star Wars tv sequel to the OT could and probably would work better than a trilogy film. The sequel would have to answer a ton of questions like how to rebuild the galaxy and government, what are the vested interests, who are the splinter factions, etc and a ton of nitty gritty details that would be superfluous in a movie.
Well Lucasfilm and Disney don't exactly have good track records of learning the lessons they should lol.

I just saw an ad for Medieval Times, and it made me want a Star Wars dinner theater experience. Gammoreans slugging it out with vibroaxes, shootouts, a weird creature as the MC. Make THAT Disney!

just a shower thought but wouldn’t that make us, the audience, Jabba the Hutt lol.

we are sitting from a viewing seat and stuffing ourselves with food and drink while watching people fight for our pleasure. Like gammoreans duking it out, twi’leks dancing, and maybe even a silly Jedi face a rancor. Maybe a scantily-clad princess on a chain if we pay extra for VIP lol.

Also I know this is definitely not the case but Dex’s diner looks like it could serve a mean burger. Dirty apron chef with a pretty nice diner operating in Coruscant (the capital of the galaxy) for a decent amount of time at those real estate prices. The food is probably really good lol.

138286572_3636317516445363_6276311209732627181_n.jpg

I honestly would have rather seen Ghost Luke fight Palps while Rey and Ben fought the Knights of Ren and the sith cultusts. It’s super dumb but not as bad as the actual movie ending.

I’ve always seen the resemblance, I just don’t know what there is to do with it. We don’t really need the SOLO equivalent of Leia’s story, especially because it leads to another property set in that shred of time between PT and OT.

You ever notice how Leia (and others in the trilogy) go in and out of English accents? If Millie plays her now she'll be consistent. ; )

You ever notice how Leia (and others in the trilogy) go in and out of English accents? If Millie plays her now she'll be consistent. ; )

Leia and Padme both do this. Apparently they were trying to give a reason why the Empire has British accents. Supposedly they adopt that accent in their official capacity because that's how people in the Core systems (where Coruscant is) speak. You'll noticed Padme doing this when she is acting as Queen or Senator occasionally.

Kind of feel that his is putting the blame unfairly on Disney here.

Disney got approval to build the set, they shouldn’t take the blame here. Blame should be on the city council who took the money and didn’t consult with their constituents and get their buy-in.

I get that it is a disturbance to the local community but they will get monetary benefits during and possibly after the show. Should have been consulted beforehand since this would have been a big project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back