01/06/19
OK officially opening up all the unpaid spots as per my post a while ago. These are now first come first serve. If you were previously on the list you can of course still purchase, but will be giving out the spots oldest to newest on that first come first serve basis. I want to get this run finished now, so the only finishing I will do on them is a bevel grind on the blade if you wish (i.e option A)
Just as a reminder:

• Base kit is £60
  • UK Shipping £6.50, International, £20
  • Bevel grind on the edge (optional) £20
Please post in this thread if you'd like a kit, and I'll pm you. Payment is by Paypal to paypal.me/bucketheadprops

Thank you everyone for supporting this run, and I still look forward to seeing what you do with the kits, or just seeing them in your collections or as part of cosplays :D

Hi Dan, I just saw your post on FB and would be interested in purchasing a kit if there are any left?
I am UK based and would like the Bevel edge please.
Many thanks in advance!

Received mine today. I couldn't stop working on it once I received it. Take a look. it is posted on my project build thread.

In case you hadn't seen, all knife kits have now sold! Thank you everyone who bought a kit and I hope to see your progress on your builds! In case anyone missed out but still wants a piece of the action, I have uploaded my files to Shapeways so you can order some, or all of the parts you need to help with your own build

My shop is here:

Does anyone have recommendations for polishes for aluminum? I'm nearly complete with the sanding of my blade and hilt, but I wanted a semi shiny look. Since I did the bevel by hand, it's a little rough so I plan to make it a used blade, like the user has continued to sharpen it over time. It can be a little weathered, is what I'm getting at.

Does anyone have recommendations for polishes for aluminum? I'm nearly complete with the sanding of my blade and hilt, but I wanted a semi shiny look. Since I did the bevel by hand, it's a little rough so I plan to make it a used blade, like the user has continued to sharpen it over time. It can be a little weathered, is what I'm getting at.

I use Brasso and Mother's Mag aluminium polish. These are great and will finish a high sandpaper finish to a satin look I would think. I polish mine on a mop to get them super shiny, then use the other polishes. But yeah, I would try going up to like a 2000 grit, then polish, for the look you want

I use Brasso and Mother's Mag aluminium polish. These are great and will finish a high sandpaper finish to a satin look I would think. I polish mine on a mop to get them super shiny, then use the other polishes. But yeah, I would try going up to like a 2000 grit, then polish, for the look you want
Great! Thanks for the tip... I got to get a higher grit sandpaper to get it even smoother. But first I need to get rid of some of the imperfections that are still visible.

Hey everyone,

Just sharing my finished knife. These are the pictures I posted on my Instagram page (that is why they are square). The handle color is different than what I originally said I would do... I messed up with the color in my airbrush and just went with it... it's a very dark brown. Pretty pleased with the result though. It received a gloss clear coat and I tried knocking back the sheen slightly by weathering it and using steel wool.
Sanded the blade and hilt guard all the way up to 2000 grit and then buffed it with Brasso, as per Dan's suggestion, minus the Mother's Mag Aluminum. The hilt guard just got sprayed with a flat black.

IMG_7328_.jpg
IMG_7329_.jpg
IMG_7322_.jpg
IMG_7323_.jpg

Awesome job!

Thanks! It was a little challenging to get clean lines on the bevel due to hand filing, but it turned out better than expected. I also actually lost the tip... it's sort of fixed. You had proper tools so yours came out super crisp. You did a really nice job on your blade and stand. How many knives did you keep? It would be neat if you finished some more in different themes.

For anyone interested, I also finished a build video. I try to keep them short and somewhat entertaining... :)

Last edited:
Just in case anyone reads this thread, I am still doing runs every now and again of the aluminium parts of this knife kit. You can find them over on Etsy here:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back