Female Pred Costume Wip

kristen jones

Master Member
Long time lurker, here. I've been working slowly on a femalr pred costume for myself, and am finally @ the point where I've made enough progress to share.

The armour was made with templates from VinMan (TY!), the bio is from Mysteria. The rest is from scratch. I was inspired by a few of the female preds I've seen here on the forum, but then took it in my own direction.

I'm working @ being a human huntress, so i won't be using a mask, and I've used natural hair instead of dreads due to this. Also, I won't have a "crazy" skin... I'll be using a flesh-coloured lycra body suit, lightly painted for texture, with a body net.
Photo0136.jpg

332660_2305073702634_1123005710_32772656_1135533682_o.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0135.jpg

Photo0137.jpg

Photo0138.jpg

Sorry about the sideways pics... I'm not sure how that happened, or how to fix it. Rightside up pics are @ my facebook:

www.facebook.com/kristen.henry70

As always, comments/questions/suggestions are welcomed.

Kristen

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good looking suit you got there, is the armor made out of resin?
Awesome paintjob and thanks for sharing, sharing is caring, and gives the rest of us more ideas :)

Thanks, guys!

The armour is made out of Sintra. I got that tip from VinMan, as well. It is ultra easy to cut and mold, and looks fantastic once painted.

Once I get some progress on the body suit, I'll post some pics of me wearing the suit.

I'm also working on a retractable spear that can fold down to about 14 inches, which will attach to a thigh platform

Kristen

I suppose Machiko was a jumping off point for this...though ive seen her done alot already. I wanted that same look, but with my own spin on it.

More pics to follow as I make progress :)

your paintwork is really nice on that armour. i like how you did your own style for the chest piece. very cool looking.
kudos to you!

Thanks again, everyone.

The paintup turned out easier than I had thought it would be. I coated all pieces first in black. Then, I lightly sponged on some "hammered metal" silver; not taking much care with it. I wanted a random sponge pattern of the silver. I didn't cover the black completely... Instead, I let areas of it remain.

Then, while it was still tacky, I misted over all with silver. This gave a sort of "flecked" effect, ad the black areas where now dusted with silver, and the sponged areas looked like metal flakes.

Next, I sponged on some hammered metal bronze, in the same manner ad the silver.

Finally, as this layer was tacky, I dprayed VERY lightly with some black; more like small splotches. This gave me a pitted metal effect.

I dry-brushed some black lightly around details for depth, then coated it all with a clear laquer.

Thanks again, everyone.

The paintup turned out easier than I had thought it would be. I coated all pieces first in black. Then, I lightly sponged on some "hammered metal" silver; not taking much care with it. I wanted a random sponge pattern of the silver. I didn't cover the black completely... Instead, I let areas of it remain.

Then, while it was still tacky, I misted over all with silver. This gave a sort of "flecked" effect, ad the black areas where now dusted with silver, and the sponged areas looked like metal flakes.

Next, I sponged on some hammered metal bronze, in the same manner ad the silver.

Finally, as this layer was tacky, I dprayed VERY lightly with some black; more like small splotches. This gave me a pitted metal effect.

I dry-brushed some black lightly around details for depth, then coated it all with a clear laquer.

It looks awesome. I love the hammered paints. They add a dimension of "metallic" very well. :)

Yes, they do. It made this part of the project so much easier in terms of providing a realistic metalic look on what is essentially plastic.

I need to get to work now on my gauntlets. They are the only part of the armour left to build.

hey girl nice job like your approach,love the idea of using your real hair,also with not using a skin,when i made mine i did the same thing with using the real female body instead of making a skin,on the same page girl nice job.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back