Female Pred Costume Wip

Thanks, everyone. I did eventually go with a suit, though it's not a real busy muscley one. i just took a flesh coloured body suit and spray painted it with olive, brown, black and tan paints to give a slight texture without being overdone. i wanted a plainer look for it.

I did very much like having my real hair instead of dreads. I tried some dread ideas, but ultimately liked my own hair better for it.

I got the wristblades to work, using an idea I found right here: I used a desk drawer slide and springs. I also ran a wire down my arm to a micro switch on my thumb to turn the lasers on and off at will, and I mounted my ipod in the wrist computer with a usb speaker so i could have pred sounds.

All in all it came out well, though I think that I made the computer too big... i wanna scale that bracer down. I snapped a quick pic of myself with my phone when it was all on. I'm gonna send it from my phone, and then I'll post it here.

The bio I believe is based off of the P1 bio. I bought it from Mysteria models, and it's the perfect size to wear without an undermask (which i did) and seemed to have the most "feminine" proportions.

K, so here's a quick pic of my finished suit. sorry it isn't the best quality... I was in a hurry to get to a Halloween party when i snapped it.

I will have to put this all back on and take some proper outdoor pics... BEFORE it snows! :p

pred.jpg

Thanks again, everyone.

I did set out to accomplish a unique vision for this outfit. I'd wanted to present a plainer, less "bulky and busy" look for my Predator. Not that i don't like what most here do with their Preds... they look very screen accurate. But since a female Pred is--at this point--confined to graphic novels and fan fic, I figured that i might as well make use of the depth of freedom that comes with choosing a character that hasn't been well defined thusfar.

I seriously want to rework my computer gauntlet. It's really the only part of the kit that I'm disappointed with. It *looks* fine... but is too big and bulky for my sleeker Predator, and is too cumbersome to wear. I'm thinking that I'm going to strip it back down to the base bracer, and rebulid based on that "personal soundtrack shirt" idea that i found here on the forum. That way, i can make it much more compact and lighter.

I also need to fine-tune the trigger mechanism for my wrist blades. they *work*... but it can be tricky to re-latch them sometimes, after they've been deployed.

That's fine... if i didn't have things to tweak, then the project would be over... and that simply will not do! :p

I'm interested in seeing how the moving blades work. I can make armor all day long but am kind of dumb when it comes to figuring out technical stuff like that.
Wait, you're in Flint??? I live less than an hour away from you in East Lansing. Cool ! More local Preds! :D

WHY am I just now seeing this!?! Wow, that's one fab female pred. deal you got going on missy...'seven stars' hell! I give you ten out of ten! You've done a wonderful job. I love it.
~Estelle

Thanks again, everyone!

Mr. Fett.... my mechanism does work, but it needs some refining. The release lever needs to be tweaked a little bit so that it isn't so bloody sensitive. But overall it's a very simple setup based off of an idea that i found right here on the Lair. I used a desk drawer slide for the base of it, and then used springs to pull it forward, with a latch on the back to hold it back. then a simple flex of the wrist pulls a wire which lifts the latch, and Boom!

I'll drag the gauntlet back out of the closet and take some good photos of it, and see if I can upload a short vid of it working.

If you're so close, then there may have to be a Pred meet-up sometime in the future :)

Phillip and Estele... Thanks, guys! :)

Man i suck, missing these good threads...great build, another female huntress joins the fold.

lets see some good shots of the you in the suit...it's mandatory btw :p

Thanks again, everyone!

Mr. Fett.... my mechanism does work, but it needs some refining. The release lever needs to be tweaked a little bit so that it isn't so bloody sensitive. But overall it's a very simple setup based off of an idea that i found right here on the Lair. I used a desk drawer slide for the base of it, and then used springs to pull it forward, with a latch on the back to hold it back. then a simple flex of the wrist pulls a wire which lifts the latch, and Boom!

I'll drag the gauntlet back out of the closet and take some good photos of it, and see if I can upload a short vid of it working.

If you're so close, then there may have to be a Pred meet-up sometime in the future :)

Phillip and Estele... Thanks, guys! :)

Cool, thanks! Probably easier to look it over in person so you can explain things to me once you get the gauntlet tweaked like you want to. I grew up in Auburn Hills so I pass by Flint on the way to my parents house whenever I go visit, taking 69 to 75.

kithunter... I DO want to take some pics. i have a friend who needs to do a project for his Photography class, and he expressed an interest in doing something with my Pred costume. I may need to wait until springtime, but i want some outdoor shots in it... both in the "wild" and also right where I live: DOWNTOWN.

S.E.E.D. Predator... you're right. It would be easier to show you in person. i really do need to tweak it. Perhaps we can colaborate on that.

Great job on the suit! We really do need more female suits and predators for that matter. Maybe this would inspire some more female predators to set forward in the near future.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back