Dredd 2012 Electronics 3D Model and Build

Thanks for all the DMs all! Phew, I'll DM each of you back in the next few days and let you know where things are before posting more about a run, for now it's just about finishing V4. Again, no obligations if you change your mind.

I'm working on some upgrades to the main model and I'm just testing them. The sound is now 10x better and the electronics are easily serviceable. If you've already printed the original model there's 2 cuts under the top cover you'll have to make to fit the new part but they're unnoticeable after the cover is back on. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I have it nailed down, I'm on the 3rd iteration since there's so many little things to get right. It'll also have multiple versions of the new part to accept most common lightsaber speakers so no more goofy top speaker required anymore!

Michael VK deserves a huge shoutout here, he's an awesome guy and helped a lot with little details while I was creating the models for this based off his painstaking handiwork. If you have a sec following his Instagram would be a small thanks for him developing the original 2012 Lawgiver model, some of his paint work is jaw dropping: MICHEAELVEEKAY ON INSTAGRAM

Last edited:

Sorry for IG post, late but it's done! Will update thingiverse tomorrow and repost links. Ideas and thoughts welcome before I lock it down.

Thingiverse updated with the caddy:
I've added speaker mounts for 3 common speakers in single and dual config 28.5mm, 28mm, 26.5mm

Sure, I made 2 hoslter models. Just have to get some kydex to CNC for the drop leg version since it needs to be flexible.

edit: new speaker mount now has 5 variations uploaded to thingiverse source, if you have any wacky speaker under 28mm you ant to use that's not listed there just DM me and I'll include it, just takes a min.

Sure, I made 2 hoslter models. Just have to get some kydex to CNC for the drop leg version since it needs to be flexible.

edit: new speaker mount now has 5 variations uploaded to thingiverse source, if you have any wacky speaker under 28mm you ant to use that's not listed there just DM me and I'll include it, just takes a min.

That's amazing . . . I for sure will need a holster, I think that actually is the ONLY thing I'm missing for my Dredd(s)!

Haha, ok let's put a sharp divide right here:

DM me if you want a place in line if I do a run of these. There's 0 commitments on both ends until it's officially posted, but please do not post here about it anymore.

This is a thread about the build along with the free models and code. The models and code are posted now and this thread should be about feedback and development of the models, code, and features. Otherwise those interested in the build or building their own won't be able to see anything useful. This is a joint FREE community project my myself, doing the models, and Spidey74 writing the code. This was a labor of countless hours and we're really excited to share it with all of you for free to enjoy.

So you don't have to weed through everything here's where we're at:
Dredd2012_2021-Dec-27_06-27-40PM-000_CustomizedView22907405756.jpg

Version 2 of the 2012 Lawgiver is done and works great
Features: Working sound for all modes, working lights with effects, DNA check on boot (hold trigger to pass), working OLED with ammo change and counters, working voice recognition, cocking mechanism reloads ammo, magazine is removable, 2 types of holsters and a stand included.
I will be doing a full how to/walkthrough video soon now it's done, I just need to print 3 for the build video and make a V2 for final testing and refinement. It will be posted on my channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/Props3D/

Links to the models: Dredd 2012 Lawgiver- Action, Light and Sound | Holster and Stand V2 by Props3DPro
Link to the code: GitHub - Props3D/dredd-lawgiver
These are licensed: Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial
This means you can't sell builds, but you can make as many as you want for yourself and your friends.

Last edited:
20220708_182540.jpg

An update of where this Lawgiver is at and where it's going:

I will be posting a small run AFTER the final build is done. I'm printing it now and configuring the new wiring harness so I'll be posting about it as I go, sorta what this thread is for :p.

When the final demo is done, we'll post a run of 15:
- 8 made by me, the modeler
- 4 made by Spidey74, who wrote the code
- 3 by beakz who's made contributions to the design of the electronics harness and will be lathing and CNC cutting metal barrels and triggers for our personal ones as well as for all 15 in the run

Anyone who's DM'd has a place in line, please no more DMs. I don't want to turn anyone away so what's received is the queue and will be given dibs.

PXL_20220709_201332432.jpgPXL_20220709_115436217.jpg

I'm making 2 Lawgivers to finalize this model and make sure it's all 100%, they're printing now and I'll start build pics in a few days. When that's done I'm going to release a set of 3 videos on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/Props3D:

1. Intro/overview/features/assembly
2. Coding the VR with your voice, soldering the components
3. Paint and finish

Since all the files can be printed FDM and can be soldered without any wacky gear, anyone with a printer and a soldering iron should be able to follow the guides and successfully build one from the videos.

Happy making all!

Attachments

• 20220708_182540.jpg
    20220708_182540.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
View attachment 1596638

An update of where this Lawgiver is at and where it's going:

I will be posting a small run AFTER the final build is done in this build channel, I'm printing it now and configuring the new wiring harness so I'll be posting about it as I go, sorta what this thread is for :p.

When the final demo is done, we'll post a run of 15:
- 8 made by me, the modeler
- 4 made by Spidey74, who wrote the code
- 3 by beakz who's made contributions to the design of the electronics harness and will be lathing and CNC cutting metal barrels and triggers for our personal ones as well as for all 15 in the run

Anyone who's DM'd has a place in line, please no more DMs. I don't want to turn anyone away so what's received is the queue and will be given dibs.

View attachment 1596634View attachment 1596633

I'm making 2 Lawgivers to finalize this model and make sure it's all 100%, they're printing now and I'll start build pics in a few days. When that's done I'm going to release a set of 3 videos on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/Props3D:

1. Intro/overview/features/assembly
2. Coding the VR with your voice, soldering the components
3. Paint and finish

Since all the files can be printed FDM and can be soldered without any wacky gear, anyone with a printer and a soldering iron should be able to follow the guides and successfully build one from the videos.

Happy making all!
Incredible

You mentioned the magazine is removable.

Do you mean both, or just the Glock one, or just the front one?

Thanks.

Amazing work.(y):love:

The main magazine is removable, it's a drop free with a catch so you can jam another one in. The glock one is a cap with a screw holding it in place and houses the battery, main power switch and power converter. You only need to take it off for charging.

In the pursuit of the best audio I did a video on sound enclosures:

I've linked it to the time code of the Lawgiver V1 sound test. The rats nest of wires in this video has been fixed with V2 and I'm soldering it up today. I hope I'll have a demo of it all working with the new code installed tomorrow. The little lags are gone now too :)

Feedback would be MUCH appreciated on the video, it's pretty hard to film these and I'm trying to build up to filming the three lawgiver videos in a few weeks. Can you clearly see what I'm doing when I build? Would you like to see more details? Too many details? Just trying to dial it in before I blow my one shot at the big stuff. The lawgiver is only one of dozens of electronics projects I'm working on, though it's the only project I'm actively posting on here. I have already modeled, and mostly gotten working: light up 5th Element stones, Mando's blaster, SE-14r, E-11 (all three electronic and shown in this vid), Aliens pulse rifle with electronics and working action, Aliens motion tracker with working screen and tracking effects, self-driving R2-D2, R5D4, Aliens Helmet with working comms and Video recording, Aliens shoulder light with 1KM light range, Krull Glaive, bunch of looney tunes blasters, half dozen working (as in light up and battleable) lightsabers, half dozen electronic grenades from all over, Star Trek TOS Type 2 Phaser with detachable type 1, TOS desk monitor that shows working PC stats yadda yadda. I'll be giving all these away eventually but the Lawgiver is my baby right now so I'm trying to focus :D

Last edited:
Looks killer to me lot details to make out. Can share a pic of the opposite side of the Lawgiver that has the screen. you are super guy with all the other projects you listed looking forward to seeing them when decide to post pics. Fifth element light stone caught my attention. Hell all you listed made go WOW!! Keep up the great.

Looks killer to me lot details to make out. Can share a pic of the opposite side of the Lawgiver that has the screen. you are super guy with all the other projects you listed looking forward to seeing them when decide to post pics. Fifth element light stone caught my attention. Hell all you listed made go WOW!! Keep up the great.
Here's a vid of the 5th element in action:

The lawgiver behind me in the video just has a printed screen on it, it's a BB gun conversion, my prototype. I'll post pics of the internals with the screen in the next few days, I'm soldering it up over today and tomorrow with the new caddy. The way it is now is just a mess, I changed my mind a lot as I was getting it all working and it shows...
This is the new caddy pre-soldering, it's 100X easier to deal with:

20220706_220402.jpg
20220706_220453.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back