Dredd 2012 Lawgiver build

Vertex

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
On the suggestion of Chris (props3D) I'm starting this thread showing my progress on my Lawgiver build. Kudos to Chris and everyone else involved in the "Lawgiver" project. The model and electronics they put together are just great. If you're interested in seeing more check out props3D thread -

Dredd 2012 Electronics 3D Model and Build

Limited Run - Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

Since I have the capability I went ahead and downloaded the model to print for myself. I did acquire the electronics kit from props3D. I believe these are no longer available but if you go on his thread you'll find info on the GitHub project that details all the components needed for the build.

props3D prints most of the models in FDM (filament) with only a few small/detailed items in SLA (resin). Since this is going to strictly be a display piece (shelf queen) I opted to go full SLA on this build. I started printing on July 11 2023.

I broke up the print task into 3 groups, the body alone being one, then all remaining parts split between two groups. I haven't been tracking actual print times but the first part I printed, the main body, took about 10 hours to print. The two other groups took less than that, about 5-6 hours each.

Last edited:
Here are some pics at different points during the printing process. Don't pay much attention to the amount of supports some of the parts have. I was rushing to get the prints going so just went with mostly auto generated ones.

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

Next I will be doing some light sanding to get rid of some of the little zits left over after removing supports.

Not much to report on this project as I've been revectored to other projects. You can see a little of hint of what that is in the upper right of the pic. Will start another thread with the specifics on that shortly.

I opted to reprint the main frame and front as one single piece.

I hope to get back on this after dragoncon.

IMG_3026.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back