Dredd 2012 Electronics 3D Model and Build

Sorry, another question… are the parts lists you shared the final ones, or are these to be updated ?

Very much interested in trying to make this.
This is finalish, so far 3 people have made them with electronics and had no issues. I update my models from suggestions and feature upgrades over time so I never consider it final. A member of the pros3d.pro discord just made a drop in frame for the electronics that's really clever, I may ask him if I can add it to the model, it makes wiring easier. It doesn't affect the core models so no reprints required.

@spidy74 pushed a recent code update so make sure you get the latest before trying it: github.com/props3d/

You can print it all on fdm or resin. I did all the main parts in fdm and the sites in resin because of the small details.

This is finalish, so far 3 people have made them with electronics and had no issues. I update my models from suggestions and feature upgrades over time so I never consider it final. A member of the pros3d.pro discord just made a drop in frame for the electronics that's really clever, I may ask him if I can add it to the model, it makes wiring easier. It doesn't affect the core models so no reprints required.

@spidy74 pushed a recent code update so make sure you get the latest before trying it: github.com/props3d/

You can print it all on fdm or resin. I did all the main parts in fdm and the sites in resin because of the small details.
Thank you for the information and the links. Much appreciated.

So don't want to hijack this excellent thread, but would anyone be interested and willing to do an electronics build for someone like myself that can't spell "electronics" without spell check?

So don't want to hijack this excellent thread, but would anyone be interested and willing to do an electronics build for someone like myself that can't spell "electronics" without spell check?

Ditto,..I can't spell electr,...elect,..oh screw it. I also don't have a 3D printer.

Well, I'm doing a small run when I do the video for it so I'll have a few for sale after. I usually make 3 for the video and sell 2. 1 is my demo, 2 are for filming. So I'll post here when I get to that point. Warning that it may be a month or two, I have a lot to film and finish, the Lawgiver is #4 on the list right now: E-11, Mando pistol, Lawgiver, Aliens Pulse Rifle [all electronic with action], are first to film, then this. Spidey74 will probably have a few extra too, he's doing a few while he's writing the code.

So anyone thinking about printing this up; do it. I've printed off all but the main body and every piece is well thought out and fits together like a dream with absolutely no sanding at all and the design is beautiful. I'll throw up some photos this weekend, I'm using a 25/75 Siryatech build/tenacious in smoky black. Seriously, I slide the dummy round clip into the magazine and just perfect.

Well, I'm doing a small run when I do the video for it so I'll have a few for sale after. I usually make 3 for the video and sell 2. 1 is my demo, 2 are for filming. So I'll post here when I get to that point. Warning that it may be a month or two, I have a lot to film and finish, the Lawgiver is #4 on the list right now: E-11, Mando pistol, Lawgiver, Aliens Pulse Rifle [all electronic with action], are first to film, then this. Spidey74 will probably have a few extra too, he's doing a few while he's writing the code.
I would 1000% be interested in this as well! Let me know!!!

The hang up right now is audio. Everything works great, there's 4 community builds on the Props 3D discord that all seem to have gone smoothly, but the audio is really quiet on all of them.

It's using the same amp and mp3 as my other props that reach 100db+ so it's either the speaker or goofy speaker mounting. This has cropped up on a few models and I'm tired of guessing. The DFplayermini and pam8302 have been tested and are not the issue, they max out all of these speakers. So it's the enclosure, the speaker I picked, or a combo of the two.

So I'm testing all the potential speakers and some demo enclosures I made separately first:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

After this is solved I'll do the run along with the video, but right now sounding in at 73db and that's pfffttt ;)

Here's an interesting shot over the bow of this problem: Took the same Kenwood and tested the sound level put together and with the speaker out. 20db change. That's a factor of 100 on the db scale!

So it looks like the enclosure may matter more than the speaker itself, can't wait to dig into this proper...

20220705_163419.jpg
20220705_162733 (1).jpg

Well, when this is done I'll calculate the cost and time and do a run. I don't want to go there until it passes muster and I've done 2 to get a handle on what it takes to set a price fairly. That may be as soon as next week, it's all done and working right now, it's just the sound issue holding me back. I may also commission a run of aluminum barrels and triggers from a friend, I'll offer it as an option cost depending.

Ok, so it's official, I'll find a way to post a run as soon as the audio is finalized. I've been DM'd about it more than a few times so I'll form a queue based on that to start, and DM me if you want in. I'll be doing the electronics and the finished Lawgiver with electronics, so let me know which one you want.
No down payments or anything accepted, no obligations or hard feelings if you change your mind. Just let me know you want in so when I figure out what the approved way to post a run here is I can keep you at the top of the list :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back