Unlimited Run Deluxe Tron Disc Retrofit Kits

JaseKam and Gaara, both of your orders have shipped!

I'm currently out of stock on the Orange/Rinzler Bandit, but let me know when your ready to order and I'll see what I can do. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished a new batch of discs a little while ago:

discollection.jpg

Hey Soul!

I need to get a new outer ring. Mine was in my back car window on the way to D*Con last year and it apparently shrank and broke into two places from either the heat or sun or both! :facepalm

Hey Soul. New user here. (You're part of the reason I registered.) I plan to get a couple of your kits in the near future, I just have a couple of questions. Is the outer ring just a steady "on" state or can it be made to spin like in the movie. Also, are the LEDs you use programmable? I have absolutely no knowledge in this area, but I was considering learning to program LED for projects like this. Thanks and wonderful work!

Hey Soul. New user here. (You're part of the reason I registered.) I plan to get a couple of your kits in the near future, I just have a couple of questions. Is the outer ring just a steady "on" state or can it be made to spin like in the movie. Also, are the LEDs you use programmable? I have absolutely no knowledge in this area, but I was considering learning to program LED for projects like this. Thanks and wonderful work!

My apologies for not replying sooner WellBalanced:

The diodes I provide in the kit are just a steady on/off. Many have upgraded to independently addressable diode strips though for programmable animation. You can get them from Adafruit:

1461_LRG.jpg

Attachments

• 1461_LRG.jpg
    1461_LRG.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 143
  • 1461_LRG.jpg
    1461_LRG.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 141
  • 1461_LRG.jpg
    1461_LRG.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 132
  • 1461_LRG.jpg
    1461_LRG.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 131
  • 1461_LRG.jpg
    1461_LRG.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 141
Thanks Soulinertia, and no worries about timing. I appreciate the response and information. I can't wait to get one of your kits, just have to buy a house first. I did buy an Arduino starter kit, so we'll see how it goes.

* just a note on the Arduino from an Arduino fan here..

first, love them.. lets beginners get up and running fast/easy learning microcontrollers.

the 'Neopixels' that are from Adafruit (and pictured above), require very specific time to run, (you dont have to worry, the library takes care of everything for you).. but it also keep the Arduino micro controller/chip pretty busy. You'll need to code things in a way that allow for this.. (not something beginners to Arduino usually jump right into/grasp right away)

* just an FYI before you buy anything.

maybe check out the DotStars.. same place.. same led strip basically.. (maybe a bit more money?).. but do not have the same time requirements.. (however I dont personally have that I have played with, like I do Neopixels, but Adafruit has the breakdown on them)

Also not sure what starter kit you got, (there are so many) (probably one with an Arduino Uno in it?)

but I suggest you ALSO get a few Arduino Pro-Mini's off ebay (clones).. roughly $3.00 USD each..

these are MUCH smaller and so cheap that its no big deal to leave in your projects/props. :)

They are pretty much the same thing.. but the Uno is more 'prototype 'friendly'.. (headers, USB port, barrel jack..etc) the Pro-Mini doesnt have any of that...

(you will need to buy a FTDI programmer for it though.. thats roughly another $2-3.00 USD.. but you only need one.. its basically the USB port on the Uno but removed/external version to program the Pro-Mini's)

I have several Arduino based threads around here, all prop related, with good info. Let me know if you need any help.

(I have one of these kits.. and a couple disc's.. that I never truly finished myself.. I started down one path on one of them,.. and them went another path on the remaining disc.. and neither got fully completed) :(

Well, although it doesn't appear to have been updated since last April, the sales webpage is still up, giving me hope that I can still get a kit or two in the near future. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back