Limited Run Vader stunt sabers kits! Barbican, Severed hand and ANH square shroud version

When I opened the parcel I was completely amazed by eethan handmade Barbican kit!! This is a beautiful piece and a rare opportunity!
Treasure ...... Looking at this beautiful shroud always brings a smile to my face!.:p

IMG_10197.png
IMG_10214.png
IMG_10211.png
IMG_10203.png
IMG_10198.png
IMG_10200.png
IMG_10206.png

Hi everyone,
It has been more than 2 weeks since I started contacting people and I haven't heard from 5 people. I have tried to be fair to everyone, I now have to move on in the list and am starting to contact people from the baclup list today. This means that painted sabers cannot be garanteed anymore for the 5 people that didn't respond. If you end up responding soon, you might still get a painted saber if you wanted one or you'll still have a chance to get a kit as I'll wait a bit more for those before contacting the end of the backup list.
Once again, if you are no longer interested by the run, please just let me know :)
BrundelFly Nehcrux Ghost2108 DarthBoots Shao

People from the backup list, it is finally your turn :) :)
cheers all

I couldn't be happier with my Barbican kit! I was worried about drilling and tapping all those TINY holes, but it turned out fine. I only lost ONE screw! I decided to idealize mine ever so slightly by making all of my grips perfectly uniform. I'll take better pics in daylight at some point, but this is what mine looks like right now:
RF_BS_01.jpg

I'm planning to finish the 7th grip so it can be attached with double-sided tape at some point, and I may let it sit in ammonia vapors to dull the brass parts a bit, but for now I'm super happy!

Thank you eethan for doing this run, doing it right, and for all of your hard work and research along the way. I've been wanting to add this saber to my collection for a long time!

I couldn't be happier with my Barbican kit! I was worried about drilling and tapping all those TINY holes, but it turned out fine. I only lost ONE screw! I decided to idealize mine ever so slightly by making all of my grips perfectly uniform. I'll take better pics in daylight at some point, but this is what mine looks like right now:
View attachment 1778213

I'm planning to finish the 7th grip so it can be attached with double-sided tape at some point, and I may let it sit in ammonia vapors to dull the brass parts a bit, but for now I'm super happy!

Thank you eethan for doing this run, doing it right, and for all of your hard work and research along the way. I've been wanting to add this saber to my collection for a long time!
It looks absolutely awesome, thank you for sharing!
Carefull with the ammonia, the core is bronze and it will turn green in ammonia. If you have some kind of brass black, just a drop with a brush on each screw, then wipe and rinse will work very nicely :)
The brass black will also work on the core. Just the ammonia has a very greenning effect :)

Hello guys,
small update for the finished sabers people :)

I am currently having a LOT of fun gluing crooked grips and putting tiny screws into them and the aluminium tubes! ahah, it's definitely a work of patience and stress management!
IMG_20240112_150138.jpg

IMG_20240112_150158.jpg

IMG_20240112_150149.jpg

anyways, this is on its way, slowly but surely!

for people putting kits together that don't feel like threading all the tiny screws, it is definitely possible to just cut the screws shorter and just thread and glue them into the grips, then glue the grips.
I am doing just that for two customers that want pristine sabers with idealized grips.
I am drilling the grips with a 1.2mm bit, cutting the screw shorter, attaching it to the end of my tiny screwdriver, carefully rolling it into a tiny bit of E6000, then screwing it into the slightly too small hole in the grip, it will thread naturally into it and when the glue is dry, it will make for a relatively strong bond. I'm then sanding the bottom of the grip if the screw was a bit too long and it then can be glued to the saber as if there was no screw :)
IMG_20240112_113952.jpg

IMG_20240112_143048.jpg

this is the same technique I described for the square shroud sabers for gluing grips, I'm using two small pieces of strong double sided tape, apply E600 in between and stick to the saber. The tape allows an instant bond to the saber. when all 6 or 7 grips are attached and the glue is slightly tacky after 10 minutes or so, I put strong tape all around the grips for a strong bond while the glue is drying overnight. It's my way to attach 7 grips quickly with a slow curing glue and get a very strong bond the next morning on all my grips.
It is still annoying to do, but it works, it is more efficient than grip by grip, stronger than tape only... works for me when i want to be sure of my grips bond.
IMG_20240112_165649.jpg

cheers all!

Very excited to get my Severed Hand kit, I usually stick to Sabers used on screen but I am very tempted by the Barbican kit too.

I do have vivid memories of seeing the Darth Vader / Energizer Bunny commercial on TV as a kid and the Bunny/Promo Costume Hilt appears to be based on the Barbican that was in the Archives at the time, but apparently built from a Maglite flashlite body tube so that Vader could remove the “other brand” batteries as the script called for.
Which would have been fairly easy to accomplish if they had an actual MPP flash.

Last edited:
For everyone's information and people that missed out, my planning is pretty packed but I should be oppening a new interest thread for a second small run of ANH square shroud sabers and ESB square shroud sabers (with 4 black bolts) in a couple weeks or so (kits and finished sabers). Just need to focus on finishing the painted sabers and my current small runs of parts.
IMG_20240110_173233.jpg

I will also ask for interest for actual resin cast Severed hand sabers (finished only). (still to be defined, but probably cast from one of my kits that will be painted, with a real MPP clamp and grips that I'll do myself or something to of course absolutely not cast anything I haven't made or isn't a real part)

The Barbicans and aluminium severed hands will not be reproduced anymore. I have a few kits of those left right now, and I will not do another run of those.

cheers all!

Thank you Evan! looking forward to seeing your motorized stunt :)

and yes, well done Slyfox :) exactly how it should be done for a vertical and fixed Dring if people want to have that :) that's why I'm not modifying the Drings in the kits, either file it like this for a fixed Dring or cut it in the center about 1cm wide and a bit of filling, and you get a moving Dring as well :)

Hello everyone!
sorry for the slight radio silence, I had to step a side for a bit restocking my website a bit, especially the Blade Runner badges!

I am back mostly full time on finishing the painted sabers now and I have some pretty cool progress to show :)

I have finished attaching the grips and grip screws on 8 weathered sabers :) The screws thing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I actually had less issues with the run than with the prototype hilts and didn't break any tiny tool for the full 8 sabers, 96 M1.4 brass screws to thread! It still took time for sure, but it worked nicelly and it is done!
(I have to do weathering, grips and screws on 3 more sabers afterwards as I took a slightly wrong decision for the run numbers earlier and decided on 8 weathered and 5 pristine, and only 2 pristine sabers were reserved by people on the list, so I now have to weather the 3 additional sabers.)

After the grips were attached, I moved on to weathering the clamps! Romans Empire , I have completely destroyed 12 of your nice clamps my friend, it was a scary/fun/rewarding journey :)

Here is one of the best references showing the clamps on the Barbican, you can see it is pretty weathered, there is a C scar from the lever, it was then painted flat black on top and abused again after this.
Barbicanhighres.jpg

Now to replicate this look!

Alright, First step, I removed the levers as the levers are not painted black. I replaced them with normal screws for the duration of the weathering process.
At this point, all the clamps go into the weathering box! A torture instrument made out of a shoe box and filled with some crude steel parts, shake it up, shake it up, and you get a very nice natural weathering, that is the first stage of destruction :lol:
IMG_20240205_111402.jpg

after this, I cleaned the clamps and painted them flat black. A bit of a quick drying on the chimney, and I started to remove paint in places with strong tape.
After this, I put the clamps into another box, without any extra steel parts this time, and shook them a bit more to damage the black paint naturaly, but not too much either.
And then, I added some more specific weathering with my nail, following the reference as much as possible :)
There is actually a lot more steps, I filed the edges a bit, removed paint with a tissue at the top of the clamp as there is no paint there on the real saber, damaged the corners of the clamp opening with a steel tool, polished the gloss paint again here to avoid any grey look there. it was a whole process :)
IMG_20240205_155859.jpg

And now for some pics on the sabers :)
IMG_20240205_165449.jpg

IMG_20240205_170012.jpg

IMG_20240205_165508.jpg

IMG_20240205_165621.jpg

IMG_20240205_165802.jpg

IMG_20240205_165745.jpg

IMG_20240205_165705.jpg

I am really happy with the sabers so far, reeaally happy, and I hope you guys will like them as well!
it's not just a matter of weathering hilts a bit, I'm trying really hard to bring you guys your own actual Barbican, that it really feels like you have the actual hilt in hand!

So, it's taking a while and I still have a lot of details to go through, but I really hope it will be worth it for you guys :)
cheers all!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back