Limited Run Vader stunt sabers kits! Barbican, Severed hand and ANH square shroud version

Hi, sorry that you see this a bit late. I am sold out completely of the square shroud sabers but might do another smaller run when I get the time.
I have 1 Barbican and 1 Severed hand left normally and will send you a PM :)
Hi Ethan, I will also be interested in a Square Shroud saber kit when you do another smaller run in future :)

Hello there,
a bit of an update for the painted Barbicans, sorry for the slow progress!

weathered the activation boxes to try to get that specific look the original has:
IMG_20240219_111621.jpg

installed on the 8 weathered sabers. As you can see, there are 3 delayed sabers on the right, those were supposed to be pristine sabers as first but got no takers, so I'm now catching them up with the rest and transforming them into weathered:
IMG_20240219_164315.jpg

painted and weathered the plastruct parts that go at the bottom of the saber:
IMG_20240219_163611.jpg

installed on the sabers!
IMG_20240219_170620.jpg

looks good :)
IMG_20240219_170627.jpg

same with the smaller ones for the holes on the sides. Each line weathered specificaly to reproduce as best as possible the weathering the parts on each side of the original:
IMG_20240219_165605.jpg

and, installed the first side on the sabers:
IMG_20240220_162619.jpg

there are a lot of steps to those painted/weathered Barbicans, so it takes time. But we are getting closer for sure and I'm working hard to go as far as possible in term of accuracy and realistic weathering for each step :)
cheers all!

Hello there,
I'm not too far off with the Barbicans, the first coat of weathered paint is laid on the shrouds, I'll put the second coat to get that look that it was painted over a weathered paint, then do the final weathering and assembly :)

in the meantime, I have finished the 2 pristine ones for the customers that wanted those :)
very stressful to do something completely pristine. I actually painted the 13 shrouds as best as I could and chose the 2 best from there.
anyways, here they are:
IMG_20240305_110053.jpg

IMG_20240305_110109.jpg

IMG_20240305_110428.jpg

IMG_20240305_110416.jpg

IMG_20240305_110409.jpg

IMG_20240305_110446.jpg

I haven't posted this either, I weathered the activation cards carefully :)
I tried to match a vintage card I had on hand, did the traces like the card was used and weathered everything a bit :)
IMG_20240226_153013.jpg

IMG_20240226_153055.jpg

IMG_20240226_154131.jpg

IMG_20240226_154305.jpg

I'm sorry again for the time this takes, I'm working on several projects at the same time, trying my best to make everything happen as quickly as possible while getting the best quality possible for everything. And I'm spending all the time and care needed for the Barbicans to be absolutely perfect, i didn't want to rush or to make any compromises on those! the Severed hand versions still need to be done but at least the Barbicans are almost finished, which means I can already get those into the hands on a few customers along with the square shrouds :)
cheers all!

heads up for anyone that has a kit and didn't get a chance to source a clamp at the time, Roman has them back in stock now :)

Hey guys,
I'm back on the weathered Barbicans now until they are finished :)
I'm sorry again for the time this all took. Because of the delay of the main run, I ended up having to do a large batch of painted sabers right in the winter. I already mentioned this before, but my workshop has 0 insulation, it goes up to 36-39°C in the summer and down to 0 in the winter.
So, I chose to be patient and take my time with this so everything comes out great :)
I am almost done with the Barbicans now, just a few more days, and i'll be contacting people on the list for those.
I haven't started the Severed hand sabers yet though for the same reasons, but will get to it now and I don't expect they will be as difficult and slow to paint, so that should only be a couple more weeks or so before this run is finally completely done :)

alright, so the last thing that needed to be done on the Barbicans was painting and weathering the shrouds.
Like I explained for the 2 pristine sabers I painted, I painted all 13 Barbicans as carefully as possible to chose the 2 best ones for the pristine sabers.
Once the first coat was applied, I weathered it a first time, a strong weathering with tape, some shaking in the weathering box and some additional tape. This mimics the first life that saber had and a lot of paint lost.
Once this was done, I painted them over a second time :)
this gives the paint over weathered base, layered look that we see on the refs :)
here are a couple photos, but they give a very different look depending on the light, but look great in person:
IMG_20240314_173111.jpg

this looks very exagerated for instance because the layers catched the light strongly:
IMG_20240314_173030.jpg

This was the base. They all went back into the shaking weathering box for some random edge weathering and small dents.
Then I started weathering each shroud by hand following the various references for each side.
It's quite a milti steps process and is still not finished.
The original is also very scratched, so I went over the paint with wire wool as well.
I should have thought about this before, but I will also weather the aluminium a bit were it shows as it looks a bit too shiny now for an old lightsaber.
and I will aply a thin coat of semi gloss varnish to fix all of this a bit. and probably go over it again with a bit of wire wool.

Those are wip photos of random stuff, I hope you guys will like it, I'm doing my best to reproduce the exact look of the actual Barbican and will still work on those more until they are perfect :)

IMG_20240315_161909.jpg

IMG_20240315_174009.jpg

the following photos really show the multi layer paint, and i really love the result. This is what we see on both the Barbican and the DV6, they were big fans of repainting stuff without stripping them first :)
IMG_20240315_174106.jpg

IMG_20240315_174129.jpg

IMG_20240315_174151.jpg

IMG_20240315_174250.jpg

IMG_20240315_175538.jpg

I hope you guys like my work, we are almost through! thank you so much for your support and patience all along :)

Hello there,

Just a quick message and quick photo for now, just letting people on the list know that the painted Barbican sabers are finally finished!
and i couldn't be happier with the result, I have worked so hard on making those perfect, and i'm really happy with all the small details and realistic weathering, really hope you guys will like those :)

I announced around 500€ for the finished sabers and after crushing the numbers, i'm glad to repport that the final price is 499€ :)
I'll be contacting the people from the list from tomorrow to let them know those are ready and take payment if you weren't also waiting for a Severed hand saber, or give you the possibility to pay for it separately as well.

will get back with actual photos and details as soon as possible :)
cheers all!

IMG_20240317_104309.jpg

J

And now for the final photos of the production Barbicans!
I'm so happy about the result, seriously, really love it! I really hope you guys will be happy too!

keep in mind those are studio photos with a pretty flat lighting. They reproduce a bit the lighting of the archives photos of the barbican. When you have it in hand, you will have more shine on the semi gloss black shrouds, more contrast between the weathered paitn coats on the shroud and clamp. Like seen on previous photos in the workshop :)

B001.JPG

B002.JPG

B003.JPG

B004.JPG

B005.JPG

B006.JPG

B007.JPG

B008.JPG

B009.JPG

B010.JPG

B011.JPG

B012.JPG

B013.JPG

B014.JPG

B015.JPG

B016.JPG

B017.JPG

B018.JPG

I really hope you guys will like all the details, I think I went really far into getting that look and weathering, really wanted us to feel like we had the real Barbican in hand!
Like I already said, anything I do, I do it because I want it in my own collection and I'm really annoying with what I want! I'm keeping a production Barbican as I have managed to push it slightly further than my prototype version and am extremely happy with the result. This result is what I wanted for my collection and I hope this what you guys wanted as well :)

thank you all so much for your support and patience waiting for me to finish those. i certainly took my time but I hope it will be worth it for you guys!

now, to the Severed hand version! ahah

And finally,
like I explained in the previous message, I am keeping one of the Production Barbican for my collection, and as a result, will be putting the prototype I did for the run :)

I was very happy with this saber as well at the time, I just feel I have pushed the production version a tiny bit further and I think it's a cool opportunity for someone to have something with a bit of history from that long run :)

The saber is super nice, it is very close to the production version except for a few details, in particular the painting of the shroud. It was painted in the same two weathered coats way, and weathered carefully to look like the original as much as possible, however, I then applied a coat of semi gloss varnish I had at the time that resulted in a bit of orange peel and masked most of the two coats look. In a way, the orange peel is also close to what we see on some photos of the prop, but yeah, it's a bit different from the production run.
Appart from that, the body tube was sanded a bit differently and is in a way more satin than the production, but at the time, I didn't chemically weather the tube like I did for the production, so once again, a different look there, both close from the real prop, but a bit different.
The clamp is from the production run, the prototype had a real MPP clamp for the interest request as Roman's clamps were not yet available.

All in all, a super cool Barbican saber, with a cool history being the prototype for my biggest run yet, the prototype whose photos resulted in so many people signing up here :) (thank you all for your support!)

and all that at a slight discount compared to the production version, 460€ instead of 499€ :)

I'm going to let people from the run see if they want it instead of the production version, but will then open it to everyone as there is one saber extra compared to the list :) If someone from the list takes the prototype, that will then open a production version for the public :)

I don't want to spam the thread with the photos of the prototype, so I'll only post the comparison photo in big and the rest as thumbnails.
get in touch if you want it; it will go in the junkyard in a few days if no takers here :)
DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG DSC_0179.JPGDSC_0180.JPGDSC_0182.JPGDSC_0183.JPGDSC_0185.JPGDSC_0186.JPGDSC_0184.JPGDSC_0187.JPGIMG_20240317_160307.jpg

I just received my weathered Barbican lightsaber today. Photos don’t do it justice, amazing!
Thank you so much for the kind word and for the photos! Always cool to see photos taken by someone else!
Thank you for your support and so glad you like it :)

Hello there,
the prototype Barbican for that run is now for sale on the junkyard :) great opportunity for a finished saber for anyone that missed out :)
DSC_0179.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back