Unlimited Run Deluxe Tron Disc Retrofit Kits

Hey Soulinertia! I remember this kit is what brought me to sign up for this website. I've fallen off the wagon in the past few years, but ready to start getting back into some prop replicas. I see the for sale page is still up, and I'd be interested in FINALLY buying a kit after all these years. However, I'm not sure if I can find my original disc to modify (or if I still have it). Where are people getting discs now days if I can't find mine? I see some for sale online that have the original lights / electronics going for hundreds of dollars. And then there's some other kits that presumably don't have any lights electronics for like $10 still in stock.

Can you help me source the right disc for this kit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Hey royalnewjersey. You can get them on eBay in the $30-50 range opened. I still think that's a lot, but I've paid more. When they are listed under $50, they still seem to go pretty quickly. And that's for a Sam Flynn disc. You might get a Rinzler for $60-80 or a Kevin Flynn for $90-120, but they don't come up very often. I see them regularly new in the package, but not very often open. If you're going to use one of Soulintertia's kits, just get whichever disc you can find, since you won't be using the outside ring anyway. If you want the Kevin Flynn, just paint it. I'd paint a white one anyway to keep the LEDs from bleeding through.

My girlfriend got me a kit for my birthday. I haven't put it in yet, partially because I can't decide which disc to use. The kit and instructions are fantastic, by the way.

Hey royalnewjersey. You can get them on eBay in the $30-50 range opened. I still think that's a lot, but I've paid more. When they are listed under $50, they still seem to go pretty quickly. And that's for a Sam Flynn disc. You might get a Rinzler for $60-80 or a Kevin Flynn for $90-120, but they don't come up very often. I see them regularly new in the package, but not very often open. If you're going to use one of Soulintertia's kits, just get whichever disc you can find, since you won't be using the outside ring anyway. If you want the Kevin Flynn, just paint it. I'd paint a white one anyway to keep the LEDs from bleeding through.

My girlfriend got me a kit for my birthday. I haven't put it in yet, partially because I can't decide which disc to use. The kit and instructions are fantastic, by the way.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I found on on eBay with a "bent" outside ring since it was sitting in a box and deformed a bit. He wants $35 for it, I think I'll jump on it. Cant wait!

I realized while hunting around on eBay that a lot of us here are probably competing against each other bidding prices for these discs up on eBay. :rolleyes In any case, bought a disc, and bought the kit last night. Thanks Soulinertia, can't wait!

Here is a quick vid of one of my latest client discs. The inner c-ring is activated by a rear slider switch. The outer ring is activated by a push switch located underneath the button on the front.

Go here to place an order for a kit: www.fatal5150.com

- or -

email me to order a fully finished completed disc: soulinertia@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
2 recently finished teal discs:

doubleteal3.jpg

doubleteal.jpg

Attn. Programs . . .

Putting the call out again for any un-modded deluxe identity discs. I'll pay up to $50 (shipping included) for your gently used Sam and Rinzler discs. PM if you have any for sale.

:thumbsup

First of all, your kits are incredible. Just a couple quick questions before i pick one up. For what I understand, I need to get the extra c-ring if I want the inner back side of the disc to light up correct?

I also noticed the pull down box for add-on items also had slots for parts such as magnets and bezel lights, aren't these included with the kit? Or do I need to add them in?

Also, I love your previous post which used a button to activate the outer ring rather than a second switch. Is this an option I can request? Or would that need to be a custom fabrication by me?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all, your kits are incredible. Just a couple quick questions before i pick one up. For what I understand, I need to get the extra c-ring if I want the inner back side of the disc to light up correct?

Correct

I also noticed the pull down box for add-on items also had slots for parts such as magnets and bezel lights, aren't these included with the kit? Or do I need to add them in?

The kit will come with one set of each. The pull down is just for extras, like if you wanted to do bezel lights on the front and back instead of magnets, extra batteries, etc.

Also, I love your previous post which used a button to activate the outer ring rather than a second switch. Is this an option I can request? Or would that need to be a custom fabrication by me?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can include the push button switch. I just don't have the instructions for install. Just send me a message requesting that switch instead of the slider with your order :thumbsup

I finally got a dremel and a disc dock 3d print, so I'm gonna mod my disc this weekend! WISH ME LUCK. :D

When you say "Disc dock" do you mean a display stand?

If so, do you have a link to the files? I haven't been able to find much of anything Tron related at the usual file sites.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back