Limited Run Vader stunt sabers kits! Barbican, Severed hand and ANH square shroud version

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,

After months and months of work on those sabers prototypes to make sure everything was perfect, not counting the amount of work on my 3D model all along, I invite you to check out the WIP thread for details on the long pre-production for that run:
Here is just one of the very many references I matched carefully in 3D:
barbican_match04_01.jpg

I'm finaly opening the interest request thread for those sabers! :)
I hope you guys will like my work on those, this is my first official venture into the lightsaber world, but I wanted to make it count and really went the extra mile on accuracy and details :)

I will be offering the 3 versions that this iconic saber evolved into over the years.
1 - The very first Vader lightsaber used in a duel, the square shroud version.
2 - The Severed hand version based on the cast that was made for ROTJ when Luke cuts vader hand
3 - and finaly, the Barbican saber, what we have left today and that was first introduced in the Barbican Museum.

Here are the 3 kits together:
(Greeblies are held with 2 sided tape, which is visible in places or adds thickness )
DSC04883.jpg

DSC04884.jpg

DSC04885.jpg

DSC04886.jpg

DSC04889.jpg

DSC04888.jpg

DSC04887.jpg

alrights, more details and photos after this!

lets break down the kits and prices :)
I have worked real hard at trying to give as best a price I could, those are very difficult/time consuming parts. I have definitelly not counted my prototype time that went way overboard! And I'm hoping there will be enough interest to fit into the numbers I have counted to get to this price :)

There will be 10% off for people that will take the 3 kits together!
this is not calculated into the numbers, it's a gesture to show my appreciation if you are willing to support me and go with the 3 versions at once :)

Square Shroud version:
145€ + shipping

(139€ for the early interest list members)
IMG_20230421_164822.jpg

Severed hand version:
210€ + shipping

(199€ for the early interest list members)
IMG_20230421_165343.jpg

Barbican version:
210€ + shipping

(199€ for the early interest list members)
DSC04920.jpg

The kits come with everything pictured. You just need to add your clamp and grips.
The Barbican kit will come with a paper template for the grips length, shape and position as well as the 3 very small holes under the missing grip.
I'm waiting to get a few numbers to talk to Roman about his MPP clamp and if there is a chance he could offer a batch of those for people that will need those.

additionaly, I can't publicly say that yet, but I know that someone reputable is normaly working on bringing a very accurate Barbican circuit card thanks to very good references that were given to him by the same person that helped me a few weeks ago :)
The cat is out of the box now: Our very own Slothfurnace is working on very accurate replica clamp cards for the Barbican, they will be available on his website :)

here are photos of the basically assembled kits with an MPP clamp for a better representation of what they will look like. I love it! I hope you guys will like it, such a nice vintage feel on those sabers :)
I'll try to assemble and finish the 3 kits next week to better show what could be done with them :)
DSC04919.jpg

DSC04918.jpg

DSC04916.jpg

i'll be posting detail photos and comparisons in the second post to try to keep the first post somewhat comprehensive. i'm sorry, there is just a lot of information and photos with 3 hilts at once!

Please post your interest below! thank you!
I'm not taking any money up front, I just need to know you are serious about buying the kit(s) when they are released on my website.

05/05/2023: Interest is now closed, thank you all!
Production is starting right away :)

Timing:
Projected Release date: August December, sorry for the delay!

This is a if-everything-goes-well planning and I'll try my best to stick to it but please bare with me in case of slight delay :)
I'll be sure to post plenty of updates as usual! If you are familiar with me, you know that I'm very talkative and post a lot of photos!

How/Where to buy when the kits will be ready:

As usual, everything I sell can only be purchased on my website, supergreenprops.com:

Supergreen props - Handcrafted collectibles

The kits will be put directly on my website, I always add a few more items than just what the interest thread gave to account for late comers. That being said, in the even the interest becomes bigger than anticipated after the production is started, I'll make sure to organize for the people on the list to get their kits first, no worries!

I am obligated by the French law to edit an invoice for any money that goes into my bank account and the invoices have to be sequenced. The only way for me to handle that is through my website. It is easy for you, the website is fun and bilingual, it is perfectly secured and the payments completely handled by Paypal. You just need to register, enter your shipping address and the shipping costs will be calculated automatically. Make sure to enter your address as soon as you create your account as shipping costs are shown for France by default.

I know that some people might feel uncomfortable with a website, but please understand that I have no choice and that, even though there is a website, it’s still me, eethan/Matthieu, behind everything and you can reach out anytime for any question here or by mail contact@supergreenprops.com

I’ll always be happy to help or have a chat; really, you know I’m a friendly and talkative guy and love to talk about cool props, so, don’t hesitate!

Payment:

As explained above, I am obligated by the law to edit a sequenced invoice with all my sales, this goes exclusively through my website. The payments are completely handled by Paypal checkout, with buyer protection, and you can choose to pay directly with paypal, credit cards through Paypal (even if you don’t have a Paypal account), or even local payment options like iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact, Giropay, MyBank, P24, EPS... At no time will I have access to your payment information or bank details, never. When the order is paid, you’ll receive confirmations by mail for every step of the order and an invoice.

Shipping:

When you are logged in and have created an address, shipping costs are automatically calculated in your cart. There are two options, less than 3cm in thickness or more than 3cm. I encourage you to take the less than 3cm option when available as it is much cheaper and still tracked. In this case, the shrouds are around 5cm, but I think this option will still work and save you guys a bunch of $!

All shipments are shipped with the French post service and tracked; you’ll receive the tracking number by mail when the package ships. It can be tracked directly on your local post website, usps, royal mail and so on. No need to use the French post website link included in the shipping notice mail if you are not in France. If you didn’t receive a tracking number, please check in your spam folder or don’t hesitate to contact me, it’s important to get it

Shipping time varies greatly and we all know it has been pretty unreliable lately, however, to give you an idea, it should usually take between 5 to 12 working days to get from France to the US, there can be some rare wild exceptions that I sadly can’t foresee, however, so far, I have never had a lost package, so fingers crossed, it continues that way!

Customs taxes:

All orders are shipped from France. If you are outside Europe, it is possible that your country collects customs taxes or fees, I can only let you know that this is a possibility and encourage you to know how your country deals with international packages and know if you have to pay taxes and how much they are. Please understand that this is out of my control.

Always eco-friendly whenever possible:

As I explain on my website, I try to be as eco-friendly as possible. I live and work in a farm in the south of France, I have all kind of animals around me and we try to respect nature as much as possible. We have a hedgehog in the garden and a lot of bees coming back lately, so hopefully things are taking a better turn!
This kind of work, let's be honest is not by definition eco-friendly since it's purely for our enjoyment and not something we all need to survive (or do we?). That being said, I do my best to always use recycled and recyclable shipping materials or even clean re-used materials sometimes. I also try to do as much as I can for the projects themselves.
By the way, the French post service that I’m using is 100% carbon neutral since 2012 that is only for France obviously, but that’s already something I guess

cheers guys, go go go interest! I'm so stressed, please make it work! :oops::):notworthy:

Last edited:
I defiantly am interested in the square shroud.
Would like to get the Barbican as well , but I can not commit to it at this time.

I have been following your research thread closely and am so impressed as always. It’s exciting to see these done with such attention to detail!

I am definitely in for a Barbican - it might be my favorite Vader saber.

I set aside a Roman’s MPP clamp to build one of these some time back so please don’t include me in your clamp count.

Interested in the Square Shroud version. :) may also be interested in all kits, depending on the website kits together sales options.

Last edited:
Considering I ended up making my own with private designer parts I can’t commit to a full saber

BUT

If you ever are willing to do separate parts
Redbutton wants an endcap plug
I would be interested in a post production barbican (cut, rounded) emitter, endcap and endcap plug

Even though I can’t commit I want to reiterate that this is a huge deal and people should jump on this. His machining talent is outstanding and he is doing the commmunity a great service making these.

thank you for the interest so far, I hope we can keep it coming as I need quite more than this to be in the range of price I have calculated. Please don't hesitate to share and discuss with people that might be interested, it would be much appreciated :)

well, the cat is out of the box for the clamp card replica to go with the Barbican kits, so lets make it official here :)
Our very own Slothfurnace just posted a first weathering sample of what he will be offering for the clamp cards for this saber. This is just for the color and weathering, the actual trace patern is not yet fabricated of course, but this is going to be great!
I'm very thankfull that he is able to bring a super accurate card specifically for that saber as it will be a great added detail for those replicas :)

cheers

I'm interested in two square shorud kits. Maybe the other variants as well later, especially if black bars clamps become available as part of the kits or from elsewhere

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back