Unlimited Run Deluxe Tron Disc Retrofit Kits

So I finally got around to the assembly portion of mine and its looking pretty sweet! only glitch is I still need a new back C ring (I broke mine trying to clean it >.<). My inner LED strip has a dead spot in it, that shows up occasionally if its moved, so I may have to try taping it in place or something. I also managed to retain the original on/off switch by dremeling the old PCB it was on in half and keeping the switch part (ill add pics later), it does require soldering to connect leads to it though. Also added a dc jack for a 9V ac/dc adaptor wired in parallel with the battery. Ill upload pics and instructions on how to do this later. check out the pics and video!
20140508_003444[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20140508_003444[1].jpg
    20140508_003444[1].jpg
    862.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Gaara!

Sorry to hear about the dead spot in your LED strip. I'll get a new one sent out to you with the rest of your order free of charge ;)

Thanks man, you've been really accommodating with this project, I wish all vendors were as helpful as you are. Ill try and upload photo write up of my mod steps up when I do the final assembly.

Its complete!

Here's a shot of the inside of the disc:
20140516_002225.jpg

I added a 12 DC input source in parallel to the battery to power it while I have it sitting on my desk,
here is a wiring diagram:

Capture.PNG

I dremeled off the old switch from the original PCB as you can see in the pic.

I also used hot glue to fill in the holes I drilled in the inside of the disc and the notches I dremeled in the outside.

20140516_002255.jpg

Here is a vid of the final product:

As a side note, the front ring of my disk illuminates a bit dimmer than the back ring, any tips on this?

Attachments

• 20140516_002225.jpg
    20140516_002225.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Its complete!

Here's a shot of the inside of the disc:
View attachment 327324

I added a 12 DC input source in parallel to the battery to power it while I have it sitting on my desk,
here is a wiring diagram:

View attachment 327323

I dremeled off the old switch from the original PCB as you can see in the pic.

I also used hot glue to fill in the holes I drilled in the inside of the disc and the notches I dremeled in the outside.

View attachment 327325

Here is a vid of the final product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51h146RtTM&amp;feature=youtu.be

As a side note, the front ring of my disk illuminates a bit dimmer than the back ring, any tips on this?

Totally forgot to respond to this . . .

Looks excellent Gaara!

Unfortunately that is just the nature of the beast when it comes to the back side being a bit dimmer. You can however install the inner LED strip on it's side if you glue it in place. This will result in both the front and back illuminating the same, but it won't be as bright.

Just ordered a standard full Sam/Quorra kit. Haven't used my dremel in a long time and I can't wait to receive the kit and get to work. Thanks for offering your great work, Soulinertia!

Hi!

Just got the kit in the mail. Didn't come with those printable instructions. Is there a link available somewhere?

Thanks for your product!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back