Unlimited Run Deluxe Tron Disc Retrofit Kits

Interested for sure (Sam) not sure what the basic kit means? but im definitely looking to make my disc a full light up. So i assume the full kit. !! please let me know if you have room and ill place the order.

Alex

*UPDATE

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know where I'm at on the orders.

I have most of the components for the first 25 Full kits ready to go out the door!

However, there are a couple things still holding me up:

First off, I'm still waiting on the slider switches to arrive, but I've checked the tracking info and it looks like they should be delivered sometime this evening. Also, my supplier for the orange LED strips has notified me that they are out of stock! And they just now let me know this a week after I placed the order. :angry

I have already submitted a new order with another vendor so hopefully those will be in soon! I apologize to all you Rinzlers out there.

Also, I'm still in the process of putting together the instructions and a video as well. I want to make sure they are very detailed and easy to understand so installing this kit will be as simple and straightforward as possible.

Last edited:
Sounds great! And the video should be a big help...especially for folks like me that are usually just paint guys! THANKS for all the detail and work going into these!

Keep on rockin' SI. A few days delay will not kill anyone, plus we all know that a small delay to confirm quality workmanship is ALWAYS better than a rushed job that offers crap in the long run.

Question, I couldn't see an answer elsewhere in the thread, my apologies if I missed it. When will the basic kits start going out? No rush or anything, I'm just curious :)

I've actually decided that all the outer rings are going to be white as a standard. I was convinced by the argument that all discs on the grid had a white outer blade ring. So the Standard CLU disc will have a yellow 'C' ring and white outer ring. ;)
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but...
I re-watched the movie this weekend and noticed it looks like Clu's outer ring is actually yellow and not white. He only used it twice that I can remember. The first time while on the lightcycles and the second time while fighting Tron in the flashback. In the flashback, at least, he holds his disc over his head and there's a bright yellow flash that accompanies the activation sound. The lightcycle scene is a bit harder to see but it looks yellow there as well.

About how long do you plan to keep these up? I'm hoping to nab at least one with my tax return whenever it decides to come in.

Question, I couldn't see an answer elsewhere in the thread, my apologies if I missed it. When will the basic kits start going out? No rush or anything, I'm just curious :)

As for the basic kits . . .

I'm not real happy with the way the outer ring casts are coming out. I want to make sure I put out a good product for you guys, so I don't want to ship anything until I'm satisfied with the results. This garage project has turned into somewhat of a monster and with my rep on the line I want to make sure I get everything just right! I've been working on this project every waking free moment I have and I'm doing my best to get these out ASAP!

Thank you all for your patience,

- Soulinertia

I've actually decided that all the outer rings are going to be white as a standard. I was convinced by the argument that all discs on the grid had a white outer blade ring. So the Standard CLU disc will have a yellow 'C' ring and white outer ring. ;)

I hope this 'White Outer Ring as a Standard' setup still means we are on track for my Custom order of Inner & Outer Rings to be Teal as spoken of a few pages back. :cool

I'm not real happy with the way the outer ring casts are coming out. I want to make sure I put out a good product for you guys, so I don't want to ship anything until I'm satisfied with the results. This garage project has turned into somewhat of a monster and with my rep on the line I want to make sure I get everything just right! I've been working on this project every waking free moment I have and I'm doing my best to get these out ASAP!

- Soulinertia

And it's for this reason alone why I am patient. Do what you gotta' do to make it happen. Cheering you on with the utmost confidence

- Soulinertia

"....Or this will be the shortest offensive of all time."

star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-20050503052404726.jpg

That had absolutely nothing to do with anything, HAHAHAHAH!

Hope all is going will in the casting & Thx for caring to get all the details right!

star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-20050503052404726.jpg

That had absolutely nothing to do with anything, HAHAHAHAH!

Except that I never noticed he's wearing the same, rare, waffle fabric used for the Emperor? Is that common knowledge already?
haha, oh for the love of

SI, what seems to be the issue with the outer ring casts?

- Soulinertia

I appreciate you taking your time to get everything right before shipping. I would rather have this and prevent you from stressing than get my kit in a week. So you do what you need to do SI, I'm sure you won't disappoint.

If this kit arrives and I am as thrilled as I expect to be, I think I'll buy 3-4 more full kits for my cos team that are all on the lower end of the cash bar right now. I will look SOOOO out of place with me all a glow and the rest of the group just looking drab and dark. :rolleyes

Hooray! I'm on the list!

And for those of you who are wondering why I chose Pink.
attachment.php

This is why.
attachment.php

Believe me, she may have Pink hair, but if she were in the Tron universe, she'd be the #1 gladiator on any Grid.

Last edited:
Hooray! I'm on the list!

And for those of you who are wondering why I chose Pink.
attachment.php

This is why.
attachment.php

Believe me, she may have Pink hair, but if she were in the Tron universe, she'd be the #1 gladiator on any Grid.

Zexy, well, in that anime sorta way. :love

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back