Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

Looking good as always man. You’re making this look like a breeze! Guys if you haven’t taken on the job of doing a V2, I would encourage you to take the quest! They take so much time and patience, as well as attention to detail. Dave, thanks again for your dedication to the project. You are probably one of the best listeners this community has to offer. You continue to entertain other people’s theories, and you’re always willing to inform others on new discoveries. Glad to be on this run :D

Dave!
This is definitely an awesome artwork!
I am proud to be part of this epic run as well as it'san honour to own this V2.
Thank you for the update, this will be one of the Grail of my SW collection.

Last edited:
Dave how much of the saber did you do in the Brown, I can only view on my mobile (bust laptop) so is difficult to see colour change

Dave how much of the saber did you do in the Brown, I can only view on my mobile (bust laptop) so is difficult to see colour change
Hi John.

On the Obi Stunt? I sprayed the whole thing with black acid etch primer (except for the clamp area), followed by Rustoleum matte black, and then sprayed the neck section brazil brown (concentrating on the wind vane, but without masking). So there was some overspray on to the top of the grenade and the emitter. I then dry-brushed brass on to the neck section, then followed up with Tamiya weathering powder (Set B/Soot).

Hope this helps :)

Hi John.

On the Obi Stunt? I sprayed the whole thing with black acid etch primer (except for the clamp area), followed by Rustoleum matte black, and then sprayed the neck section brazil brown (concentrating on the wind vane, but without masking). So there was some overspray on to the top of the grenade and the emitter. I then dry-brushed brass on to the neck section, then followed up with Tamiya weathering powder (Set B/Soot).

Hope this helps :)
Thanks Dave, picked up the paints - Halfords vauxhal brazil brown becoming hard to get.
Looking forward to tackling the build.
As to the internals have you or will you post instructions as to how it all fits together?

**Quick Obi Stunt preview**

Hi everyone. I was asked if I had a video of one of the finished Obi's working with the blade attached, and it occurred to me that I hadn't actually gotten around to making one...

Thought those who are waiting would like to see one in action.

The first batch are all finished and just waiting on having their clamps installed when the levers arrive. (y)

Can't wait to get them out to everyone soooon!

Cheers,

Dave

So exciting to see the tech come to life in these videos!

Just out of morbid curiosity (read: impatience), any idea if there’s an ETA on the WannaWanga levers?

So exciting to see the tech come to life in these videos!

Just out of morbid curiosity (read: impatience), any idea if there’s an ETA on the WannaWanga levers?
Hey Nath. I'm sorry, the last I heard was that the factory was on holiday for Chinese New Year. I imagine it must be back up and running by now, so hopefully we'll have some news soon. As soon as I hear anything, I'll be straight on here to let everyone know! Sorry for the delay, and thanks so much for your patience. I can't wait to get these out to everyone!

Hey Nath. I'm sorry, the last I heard was that the factory was on holiday for Chinese New Year. I imagine it must be back up and running by now, so hopefully we'll have some news soon. As soon as I hear anything, I'll be straight on here to let everyone know! Sorry for the delay, and thanks so much for your patience. I can't wait to get these out to everyone!
Gotcha. Appreciate the candor with all the processes at play.

Hey everyone! I have been so excited for this project since it was first announced. I have been doing so much research, scheming, and day dreaming about when I could finally paint up my new props! So I'd really like to share my own ANH motorized stunt. This is one of the first props I've ever painted and weathered myself. I spent so much time looking at the on-set photos as well as the photos of the prop as it exists today to try and recreate the neck color the best I could.

I used Rustoleum black matte on the whole saber (only lightly on the neck), and then went in on top of the neck with light layers of brown, antique gold, another layer of black, another of brown, and then finally a very very light final misting of brown to simulate the overspray on the actual prop. After all of the painting, I went in with scotchbrite and a coin and started creating some light wear and chipping on the face of the emitter. I hope you like it!

I also had a question. I am about to start trying to stencil and paint my V2 with Dave's stencils that were sent in the kit. Does anyone have any tips and tricks for this? I didn't really see an explicit instruction manual, and this is my first time dealing with stencils. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back