Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

DaveP

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there!

This is the project run thread for my Luke ROTJ V2/Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt run. The run is now underway and sign up is closed.

It has been a long, and thoroughly enjoyable process, with many twists, turns and revelations along the way. If you're interested, I highly recommend you visit the Research and Development Thread where the development process was documented and discussed.

4K83_COLLAGE.png

BeFunky-collage (5).png

The dimensions and internal structure of the original prop have been painstakingly documented using both 2D and 3D photogrammetry techniques. As has the current paintwork and the damage to the pommel and emitter.

VIEW_01_COMPARISON.jpg

NEW1.jpg
NEW2.jpg

NEW3.jpg
NEW4.jpg

This is a replica of the original prop and, as such, has not been designed with FX instillation in mind. It is not a “static” prop however. It has been designed to accommodate a motor and spinning blade mechanism, with the internal structure and construction matching the original prop as closely as can be interpreted from the available references and information.

Because there are so many parts to this kit, some of which people may already have, and people’s needs are likely to be very different depending on the configuration they want, I offered a base DIY kit along with a list of additional extras that could be added. This was to simplify things when it came to ordering and avoid the need to subtract parts that people already had.

The base DIY Kit includes the body/Emitter section, pommel and nipple, as well as the central rod/bearings/fixings:

Base Kit Cutaway.jpg

All the parts have been made available to make either the ANH motorised stunt prop (as used by Sir Alec Guinness), or the “belt Hanger” (as used by Mark Hamill) during the filming of ROTJ.

Motorised Stunt Cutaway.jpg

ROTJ V2 Cutaway.jpg

I have offered additional damage commissions on both the emitter and the pommel for those wishing to recreate the prop as it exists today:

For those who wish to apply the damage to the pommel themselves, a vinyl stencil/guide will be supplied with the standard pommel.

A full paint stencil kit has also been made available for those who wish to accurately paint the RotJ version of the prop. There are other fantastic V2 stencils available that *could* potentially work with the kit if you prefer.

VIEW 1 RENDER.jpg

A switch/motor/battery kit was also offered, as well as a reflective blade for those who wished to create the ANH version of the prop.

slothfurnace has very kindly offered a discount on his “Vintage Finish” boards as part of this run! Thanks, Brad!

I'm VERY happy to say that the clamp will be a Roman Props Satin Clamp. Roman has offered to supply this at a discounted price as part of the run too! Thanks so much Romans Empire! Very much appreciated!

roygilsing at WannaWanga also approached me about using his excellent V2 lever, so that is included in the list of extras along with some other great WannaWanga parts. Thanks, Roy!

I currently have two boots worth of Grade A vintage "mystery chunks" (Royal Hunter Wellington Boot Stud). Once these are gone, Roys replica chunk will be used, which is a PERFECT replica. I am always on the look out for more vintage studs, but it's rare to come across them in this condition:

STUDS.png

There is also a replica knurled cone knob from a Reference Hydraulic Transcription Turntable on the list that has been painstakingly recreated from a real vintage thumbscrew. This was done with the help of mgenovese312, who was kind enough to send scaled reference photos. Thanks, Mike!

View_06_Overlay.png
Coneknob_View01.png
View_02_Overlay.png

The parts for this run have all now been ordered, so the quantities are all set. I order a handful of extra base kits though, so please let me know if you'd like to claim one of those. A couple have already been taken, so I don't expect them to be available for long.

I've said it before, but I'll say it a gain (and again, and again) A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has taken part in the run and placed their trust in me. These runs couldn't happen without you, and I am eternally grateful!

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a DM and I'll get back to you ASAP.

MTFBWY-A,

Dave

LUKE.gif

Here is the current status of the parts for the run (I'll try to keep this as up to date as possible for those tasking part in the run):

• CNCd Parts - Arrived
  • Internal Rods - Arrived
  • Bearings - Arrived
  • Grub Screws/Fixings - Arrived
  • Clamps - Arrived
  • Clamp Cards - Arrived
  • WannaWanga Parts - Arrived
  • Motors - Arrived
  • Couplings - Arrived
  • Switches - Arrived
  • Battery Packs - Arrived
  • Belt Clips -Arrived
  • Connectors - Arrived
  • Blades- Arrived
  • Reflective Tape - Arrived
  • Vinyl - Arrived

Interest List:

DIY Kits (As machined):

• Boba Flint - SENT
  • PrinceZip - SENT
  • Marv - SENT
  • Master jinn - SENT
  • Jorged123 - SENT
  • Gino (FB) - SENT
  • Trinn - SENT
  • Cphaeng - SENT
  • APOLLO IND - SENT
  • djedi - SENT
  • Goodie2325 - SENT
  • jonis - SENT
  • starbuc - SENT
  • Darth Elevator - SENT
  • BritWalker - SENT
  • Ilya888 - SENT
  • Shane Craig (FB) - SENT
  • Kawika (FB) - SENT
  • JPL427 - SENT
  • APOLLO IND #2 - SENT
DIY KITS (With Emitter/Pommel Damage):
  • DannyP91 - SENT
  • The 48th Ronin - SENT
  • Patlegrand- SENT
  • Halliwax - SENT
  • Mr Mold Maker - SENT
  • juvatwad - SENT
  • mrwax - SENT
  • CWOODREPLICAS - SENT
  • NagorbArt - SENT
  • Hylo133 - SENT
  • mburkit - SENT
  • Diego86 - SENT
  • TheUnchosenOne - SENT
  • Mech10 - SENT
  • Dewy - SENT
  • Martin Sabers #1 - SENT
  • Obiflex - SENT
  • Execute66 - SENT
  • Masefield - SENT
  • zachman8910 - SENT
  • James Kemp (FB) - SENT
  • acyang - SENT
  • el toro - SENT
  • Skywalker94 - SENT
  • Jallott - SENT
  • v3123 - SENT
  • NCC1027 - SENT
  • Ventuoguy - SENT
  • Mark Conway (FB) - SENT
  • Corliss1 - SENT
  • Willis Faucher - SENT
  • MAXSPR1 -SENT
  • Sithslayer - SENT
  • jimmyc - SENT
Commissions Batch one – COMPLETE:

Motorised Stunt Commissions:ROTJ V2 Commissions:
nailuj - SENTScruffylooking - SENT
NickCline - SENTlivetoberadical - SENT
cdyoung - SENTFoe Hammer - SENT
Darth Napster - SENTteecrooz (swapped to Obi Stunt) - SENT
rockbottom - SENTCJPx01 - SENT
dse2187 - SENTSrycantthnkof1 - SENT
ivuchan - SENTONE PIECE - SENT
ggriffaw - - SENTJoeG - SENT
Skoota73 - SENTLukeV2 - SENT
Kraig Kenobi - SENTEruonen - SENT

Commissions Batch two – COMPLETE:
Motorised Stunt Commissions:ROTJ V2 Commissions:
ChrisRode - SENTmemphisjedi - SENT
Duncan Schaefer (FB) - SENTcdyoung - SENT
Kumar (FB) - SENTDarth Napster - SENT
propfactory - SENTenrico - SENT
darthwhitey - SENTAnthonyD2199 - SENT
JetSetWilly - SENTRebelSpy007 - SENT
CrueGuyRob - SENTnaurthsgem - SENT
nemesis1974 - SENTivuchan - SENT
Wook22 - SENTLukeBespin1975 - SENT
ggriffaw - SENT

Commissions Batch Three – IN PROGRESS:
ROTJ V2 Commissions:
JoeSheep - SENTNatesamlord - SENT
Brett Banner - SENTpropfactory - SENT
nemesis1974 - SENTMarco (FB) - SENT
Filandrius - SENTdarthwhitey - SENT
Bobasfett - SENTCrankyScorpion - SENT
Kraig Kenobi - SENTKYRACK - SENT
Noble Rich (FB) - SENTChrisRode - SENT
Zenkai - SENTKumar (FB) - SENT
Brodie53 - SENTLoneken - SENT
Martin Sabers #2 (Obi Stunt) - SENTMike G - SENT
Cruk (FB) - SENT

Last edited:
I'm in for a base kit, with the following extras:

Replica Michell Cone Knob
Sloth Furnace V2 Clamp Card (Vintage Finish)
Wanawanga D Ring
Wanawanga Replica Boot Stud
ROTJ Vinyl Paint Stencil kit
Pommel Damage Commission

Last edited:
Hi DaveP!

What a wonderful project!
i am in for:

- Base kit
- 1 pommel extra
- 1 emitter extra
- 1 stencils
- 1 replica Cone Knob
- 1 replica boot stud
- 1 slothfurnace vintage card
- 1 commission for bending one emitter
- 1 commission for one pommel

regards,
Patlegrand

Last edited:
Thanks SO much to everyone who's signed up so far! It's VERY much appreciated! I can't tell you how excited I am for this!

I've just got the list updated up to this point.

It's bed time here in the UK, so I'll catch anyone who signs up in the night first thing tomorrow morning. I'll start a spreadsheet for making a note of everyone's preferences too. (y)

For now though, good night and a huge thank you to each and every one of you!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

I'm interested in 1x kit; I'm currently thinking below but might change options later.

Base Kit + Replica Cone Knob + Vintage Mystery Chunk + ANH Motorized Stunt Blade + ANH Motor/Switch/Battery Pack

Last edited:
Definitely interested in the complete ROTJ commission, though if its not too much trouble I would be fine with a replica mystery chunk and no emitter bending or pommel damage.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back