Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DaveP

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there!

As some of you might know, I’ve been working on a V2/Motorised Stunt for quite some time now (since before my last Yuma run in fact), and the time has finally come to post the interest thread! I can’t tell you how excited I am about this one!

4K83_COLLAGE.png

BeFunky-collage (5).png

The parts are pretty much finished, but could still be subject to minor changes prior to the run going ahead. I won’t go in to too much detail regarding any of my decision making here on this thread, but I highly recommend that you take a look at the Research and Development Thread if you’re interested. In there, I give a detailed explanation of the prop’s history as I understand it, and explain my thoughts with regards to how it might have been constructed. I’ll continue to post any updates or changes there leading up to the run going ahead.

VIEW_01_COMPARISON.jpg

NEW1.jpg
NEW2.jpg

NEW3.jpg
NEW4.jpg

This is a replica of the original prop and, as such, has not been designed with FX instillation in mind. It is not a “static” prop however. It has been designed to accommodate a motor and spinning blade mechanism, with the internal structure and construction matching the original prop as closely as can be interpreted from the available references and information.

Cutaway Blue.jpg

Because there are so many parts to this kit, some of which people may already have, and people’s needs are likely to be very different depending on the configuration they want, I'll be offering a base DIY kit along with a list of additional extras that can be added. This is to simplify things when it comes to ordering and avoid the need to subtract parts that people already have.

The base DIY Kit will include the body section, pommel, emitter/nipple, and the central rod/bearings/fixings:

ROTJ CUTAWAY.jpg

**This is not the latest design for the internals. A new cutaway to explain the latest design is coming soon!**

An order can then be built up from here based on the additional parts that you need.

All the parts will be available to make either the ANH motorised stunt prop (as used by Sir Alec Guinness), or the “belt Hanger” (as used by Mark Hamill) during the filming of ROTJ. There will be two options for both Pommel and Emitter to allow for the differences between the two.

The standard (as machined) parts can be used for creating the motorised stunt, while the modified Emitter/Pommel can be used to create an accurate ROTJ V2:

For those who wish to apply the damage to the pommel themselves, a vinyl stencil/guide will be supplied with the standard pommel.

A full paint stencil kit will also be available for those who wish to accurately paint the RotJ version of the prop. There are other fantastic V2 stencils available that could potentially work with the kit if you prefer. I’ll be revealing my own version (which is in progress) in the coming weeks.

I’ll also be offering a switch/motor/battery kit as well as a blade for those who would like to create the ANH version of the prop. I’ll give more details of this on my R&D thread soon! The parts for this have all been sourced and costed. (y)

slothfurnace has very kindly offered a discount on his “Vintage Finish” boards as part of this run! Thanks, Brad!

I'm VERY happy to say that the clamp will be a Roman Props Satin Clamp. Roman has offered to supply this at a discounted price as part of the run too! Thanks so much Romans Empire! Very much appreciated!

roygilsing at WannaWanga also approached me about using his excellent V2 lever, so that is included in the list of extras along with some other great WannaWanga parts. Thanks, Roy!

I currently have two boots worth of Grade A vintage "mystery chunks" (Royal Hunter Wellington Boot Stud). Once these are gone, Roys replica chunk will be used, which is a PERFECT replica. I am always on the look out for more vintage studs, but it's rare to come across them in this condition:

STUDS.png

There is also a replica knurled cone knob from a Reference Hydraulic Transcription Turntable on the list that has been painstakingly recreated from a real vintage thumbscrew. This was done with the help of mgenovese312, who was kind enough to send scaled reference photos. Thanks, Mike!

View_06_Overlay.png
Coneknob_View01.png
View_02_Overlay.png

The following prices are currently a guide and are based on the current quotes/prices. They may be subject to change prior to the run going ahead. I’ll do everything within my power to keep them as close to this as possible (or lower).

I’ve tried to keep the prices as low as humanly possible, but the full kit bundles and commissions involve a lot of additional parts (and work). Where third party parts have been listed, the prices are based on the current cost price to me (with no additional profit added). **I can only offer third party additional extras as part of the run and in addition to the base kit**

I'll be offering commissions on these in batches of ten for those who are interested (with a turnaround of roughly four weeks). There is a LOT of work involved in the commissions for these (particularly the ROTJ version) So I wouldn't want to work on any more than this in one go. Whilst I can guarantee that I will do my upmost to maintain the highest possible standards, I can't promise a speedy turnaround. For that reason, I will be limiting the commissions to ten of each per month and taking time off from all other freelance work until they're complete.

I highly recommend both Halliwax and Obiflex (Adam Wells) for painting and weathering on these though. Their V2 work speaks for itself.

Prices:

Base DIY Kit - CNC’d Parts only (as machined) - £180

• Body section
  • Emitter (as machined)
  • Pommel (includes adhesive damage stencil/guide)
  • Nipple
  • Central Rod/bearings/screws/Etc
Extras:
  • Additional Emitter (Straight) - £25
  • Additional Pommel (as machined) - £40
  • Replica Michell Cone Knob - £20
  • Roman's Satin Graflex Clamp - £27
  • WannaWanga V2 Lever - £35
  • Sloth Furnace V2 Clamp Card (Vintage Finish) - £12.30
  • WannaWanga Bubble Strip - £12
  • WannaWanga D Ring - £6.30
  • Vintage “Mystery Chunk” (Royal Hunter Wellington Boot Stud) - £20
  • WannaWanga Replica Boot Stud - £7
  • ROTJ Vinyl Paint Stencil kit (Including Gaffers Tape) - £15
  • ANH Motorised Stunt Blade - £20
  • ANH Motor/Switch/Battery Pack (Non-Vintage) - £25
Commisions:

• Emitter Bending Commission - £10
  • Pommel Damage Commission - £10
  • Full ANH Paint Commission (Limited to X10 places) - £100
  • Full ROTJ Paint/Damage Commission (Limited to X10 places) - £200*
*Includes emitter bending, pommel damage and stencils.

Bundle Examples:

Full ROTJ Kit Bundle with Emitter/Pommel damage (Vintage Stud) - £335.60

• CNC’d Parts
  • Emitter Bending
  • Pommel Damage
  • Replica Michell Cone Knob
  • Roman's Satin Graflex Clamp
  • Wannawanga V2 Lever
  • Sloth Furnace V2 Clamp Card (Vintage)
  • Wannawanga D Ring
  • Vintage “Mystery Chunk” (Royal Hunter Wellington Boot Stud)
  • ROTJ Vinyl Stencil kit
Complete ROTJ V2 (Including Commission) - £500.60
  • CNC’d Parts
  • Emitter Bending
  • Pommel Damage
  • Full paint/weathering commission
  • Replica Michell Cone Knob
  • Wannawanga V2 Lever
  • Sloth Furnace V2 Clamp Card (Vintage)
  • Wannawanga D Ring
  • Vintage “Mystery Chunk” (Royal Hunter Wellington Boot Stud)
Full ANH Motorised Stunt Kit Bundle with Blade/Motor - £305.30
  • CNC’d Parts (as machined)
  • Wannawanga V2 Lever
  • Wannawanga Bubble Strip
  • Wannawanga D Ring
  • ANH Motorised Stunt Blade
  • ANH Motor/Switch/Battery Pack (Non-Vintage)
Complete ANH Motorised Stunt (Including Commission) - £405.30
  • CNC’d Parts (as machined)
  • Full paint/weathering commission
  • Wannawanga V2 Lever
  • Wannawanga Bubble Strip
  • Wannawanga D Ring
  • ANH Motorised Stunt Blade
  • ANH Motor/Switch/Battery Pack (Non-Vintage)
Shipping:

Due to the nature of this run, and everyone's orders being ever so slightly different, figuring out postage and transaction fees has been a bit like cracking the enigma codes!

Leading up to the end of September, I'll be contacting people on an individual basis, to confirm their orders and to give a detailed breakdown of their final price and how it will be broken down in to two separate instalments.

First instalment for everyone will be for the cost of the parts only.

The second instalment will be for any remaining Shipping/Fees/Commission, and won't be taken until your order is packaged up and ready to send. (This includes any pommel/emitter damage commission, which is why the ROTJ kit prices may look a little different)

In the meantime, I've put together three separate charts to give people an idea of expected shipping costs based on the example kits and location. If your order differs at all from the example kits/commissions, I’ll work out a tailored payment plan specific to your order.

UK

ORDERINSTALLMENT 1 (PARTS ONLY)INSTALLMENT 2 (SHIPPING/FEES/COMMISSION)
BASE KIT
£180£20.19
ANH KIT£305.30£23.92
ROTJ KIT£315.60£44.83
BOTH KITS£620.90£53.95
ANH COMMISSION£305.30£126.92
ROTJ COMMISSION£300.60£229.76
BOTH COMMISSIONS£605.90£341.87

EU

BASE KIT
£180£25.47
ANH KIT£305.30£29.88
ROTJ KIT£315.60£50.94
BOTH KITS£620.90£61.69
ANH COMMISSION£305.30£133.40
ROTJ COMMISSION£300.60£236.75
BOTH COMMISSIONS£605.90£351.01

INTERNATIONAL

BASE KIT
£180£37.58
ANH KIT£305.30£44.03
ROTJ KIT£315.60£65.59
BOTH KITS£620.90£81.32
ANH COMMISSION£305.30£149.19
ROTJ COMMISSION£300.60£254.10
BOTH COMMISSIONS£605.90£374.98

In keeping with community guidelines, PayPal fees have been included in the price (as part of instalment two). I'll be giving everyone a detailed breakdown of these privately of course.

Ordering:

There is no obligation at this stage
. This is purely an interest thread, so please do let me know if this is something that you would be interested in and I'll add you to the list. I’m hoping to have the numbers, and be able to push the button on this around the beginning of October. If you do happen to change your mind, it would be much appreciated if you could let me know. Thank you.

I will be accepting split payments on this run, like on my previous run.

Up-front payment for the CNC’d or third party parts will be needed before the run can go ahead, but payment for commissions and postage can be deferred until your order is ready to send out.

My quotes are based on a 15-20 working day lead time and a quantity of at least 50, so Ideally, I’d like to get as close to that number as possible to guarantee the prices I’ve been quoted.

Thanks so much for looking! I can't wait to get the ball rolling on this one! Be sure to keep an eye on the R&D Thread for updates or any improvements to the models. I'll keep this thread dedicated to keeping track of the interest list and dealing with the actual project run.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a DM and I'll get back to you ASAP.

MTFBWY-A,

Dave

LUKE.gif

Interest List:

DIY Kits (As machined) - Shipping immediately:

• Boba Flint
  • PrinceZip
  • Marv
  • Master jinn
  • Jorged123
  • Gino (FB)
  • Trinn
  • Cphaeng
  • Lord Slevin
  • APOLLO IND
  • djedi
  • Goodie2325
  • jonis
  • starbuc
  • Darth Elevator
  • BritWalker
  • Ilya888
  • Shane Craig (FB)
  • Kawika (FB)
DIY KITS (With Emitter/Pommel Damage) – Shipping a few days after parts arrive:
  • DannyP91
  • Loneken
  • The 48th Ronin
  • Patlegrand
  • Halliwax
  • Brodie53
  • Mr Mold Maker
  • juvatwad
  • mrwax
  • CWOODREPLICAS
  • NagorbArt
  • Morgan (FB)
  • Hylo133
  • Marco (FB)
  • mburkit
  • Diego86
  • TheUnchosenOne
  • Mech10
  • Mgenovese321
  • Dewy
  • Obiflex
  • Execute66
  • Masefield
  • zachman8910
  • James Kemp (FB)
  • BeggarsCanyon
  • acyang
  • el toro
  • Skywalker94
  • Jallott
  • v3123
  • Zenkai
  • NCC1027
Commissions Batch one – Shipping within one month of parts arriving:

Motorised Stunt Commissions:ROTJ V2 Commissions:
nailujScruffylooking
NickClinelivetoberadical
cdyoungFoe Hammer
Darth Napsterteecrooz
rockbottomCJPx01
JediJohn182Srycantthnkof1
ivuchanONE PIECE
ggriffawJoeG
Skoota73LukeV2
dse2187Eruonen

Commissions Batch two – Shipping within two months of parts arriving:
Motorised Stunt Commissions:ROTJ V2 Commissions:
Kraig Kenobimemphisjedi
Duncan Schaefer (FB)cdyoung
KUMAR (FB)Darth Napster
propfactoryenrico
darthwhiteyAnthonyD2199
JetSetWillyRebelSpy007
CrueGuyRobJediJohn182
ChrisRodeivuchan
LukeBespin1975
naurthsgem

Commissions Batch Three – Shipping within three months of parts arriving:

ROTJ V2 Commissions:
ggriffawNatesamlord
JoeSheeppropfactory
Brett BannerMark Conway (FB)
nemesis1974darthwhitey
FilandriusCrankyScorpion
SithslayerKYRACK
Kraig KenobiChrisRode
Noble Rich (FB)Bobasfett

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

The 48th Ronin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm in for a base kit, with the following extras:

Replica Michell Cone Knob
Sloth Furnace V2 Clamp Card (Vintage Finish)
Wanawanga D Ring
Wanawanga Replica Boot Stud
ROTJ Vinyl Paint Stencil kit
Pommel Damage Commission

Last edited:

Scruffylooking

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m in for a Complete ROTJ V2 (Including Commission) please. I have my own vintage Michell cone knob.

Last edited:

Patlegrand

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi DaveP!

What a wonderful project!
i am in for:

- Base kit
- 1 pommel extra
- 1 emitter extra
- 1 stencils
- 1 replica Cone Knob
- 1 replica boot stud
- 1 slothfurnace vintage card
- 1 commission for bending one emitter
- 1 commission for one pommel

regards,
Patlegrand

Last edited:

DaveP

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks SO much to everyone who's signed up so far! It's VERY much appreciated! I can't tell you how excited I am for this!

I've just got the list updated up to this point.

It's bed time here in the UK, so I'll catch anyone who signs up in the night first thing tomorrow morning. I'll start a spreadsheet for making a note of everyone's preferences too. (y)

For now though, good night and a huge thank you to each and every one of you!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

PrinceZip

Master Member
I'm interested in 1x kit; I'm currently thinking below but might change options later.

Base Kit + Replica Cone Knob + Vintage Mystery Chunk + ANH Motorized Stunt Blade + ANH Motor/Switch/Battery Pack

Last edited:

JoeG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Definitely interested in the complete ROTJ commission, though if its not too much trouble I would be fine with a replica mystery chunk and no emitter bending or pommel damage.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.