Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

Oh man that doesn’t sound good... It sure isn’t fun.. I am kinda glad it is this and not kidney stones. My father has serious stone problems and a few days ago when I got that sharp little pain I thought “oh boy please don’t be a stone” that’s my biggest fear

I’ve slept all weekend now I’ll but up the next 3 days lol

I've never been crippled by back pain, but I've begged God to kill me when kidney stones hit. I hope you heal quickly! I've had a few friends who've had to have back surgery, & they've missed months of work. Listen to your uncle!!!

Just sit back & bask in the glory of your Obi-Wan Legend. It really is stunning.

I’m walking! It’s a miracle! Yaaaaay!!! Now I’ll be up to me trouble making self! :p

Not pushing anything but big change today after my uncle worked on me. It’s unreal, so thankful for people with that kind of knowledge

So I’ve been asked a few times how to get the emitter to spin on the builders kit, like Dan’s FX run.

Finishing up the video tonight so be on the look out

Until then, pre work painting

IMG_0540.JPG

WHAT! great new info, makes sense that they would machine the V2 emitter to do that. I wonder why that hasn't been done yet

Edit :
Comments removed & my apologies to you Haliwax I misunderstood your comment.

The relevant info I should have put was:-

5/16 is available still in the UK. Not as easy to find as 8mm. UK buyers should double check with vendors if what they're selling is genuine Imperial as some think 8mm is a direct substitute when it's actually just over 6 thou larger.

Last edited:
I don’t see what any of that has to do with Halliwax’s build tutorial. There are so many other threads you have pretty much taken over with your endless arguments that would be better suited. I would like to respectfully ask you to please just at least leave this one alone.
Btw I’m not trying to hurt your feelings but I am NOT the only one that feels this way. I’m just the one that when weighing the consequences of saying something about it and potentially getting reprimanded by the mods, is finally to the point where I feel it's worth getting in trouble over.

Last edited:
Maul is a gonner, he won’t be back. Saying that though, anything could happen with these writers.
I get this question quite a lot. and instead of just copy/pasting the instructions i write them out every time. now i can just link to this quick little video. hope this helps!

UPDATES

-updated first post with Spinning emitter tutorial 8/31/19​

This is very simple and effective! I may have to update mine with the accurate spinning emitter. Sure, it won’t spin with the gaffer’s tape applied (I eschewed the tape adapter, since I was going more for an on-set look than an as-is-now look), but that itch in the back of my mind would finally be scratched.

Great update Danny! Had been a while between videos. I bet there is something good coming down the line.

As far as the metric part, thanks for the insight mouse.

This is a forum - where people make comments & express opinion & debate. I'm not allowed to do that?

I don't swallow dogma & I don't like bullies.

I think Trent was just saying it seemed to go off topic after the metric discussion. This thread was meant to be a tutorial on how to assemble and build Dan’s V2/v3 replica, not how the real one may or may not have been assembled. There are other threads for that that have already been started. You don’t have to like dogma, but not every thread needs to be about questioning it. I don’t think Trent was being a bully. It’s just hard to see topics and people not want to participate when everything turns into a debate, and a debate based on missing data that can’t be won.

Just my two cents.

Carry on!

i can't believe how popular i am over a friggin metric vs standard comment...

im not always politically correct.. im not a machinist... im not a scientist.. im a green horn kid from boston... so if you turn the mute button on you computer while watching my video's it may make it easier to understand...

what upsets me and the reason why you dont see me responding to certain threads is. i spend countless hours doing these tutorials, and videos to help the community. as you can see with the first few pages i like to organize it for FUTURE members. members who use the search button and fall on to this thread, with the quick links and organization it may help them get their answer quicker

i organize my threads like this because im a HUGE search button guy... and what upsets me the most is when im reading a long thread and it goes off topic, the subject is changed, or the information is now questioned, and then the thread ends with out a answer... i want to keep that COMPLETELY out of my threads.

Please if you want to reinvent the wheel, use another V2 thread we have. as of this past year we have more then enough debating on the subject... which we dont even need because information has been revealed by the owner, and instead of accepting it. he's spit in the face by members here saying "no its not..." and you wonder why he doesn't reveal any more information about it... "publicly" ;)

purposely using scientific trolling, derailing my threads, calling my friends names, im only going to say this one more time "please keep that garbage out of my threads" i have had completely enough of this behavior.....

now please, lets learn from this and move on...

I don’t think Trent was being a bully. It’s just hard to see topics and people not want to participate when everything turns into a debate, and a debate based on missing data that can’t be won.

Just my two cents.

Carry on!

if Trent's a bully, he's doing a real poor job at it... Guy has done so much for this place, you have no idea how much he helped me out 2 years ago... never met the guy in person but he's my best friend. and this community is what brought us together..

To keep this thread rolling about V2 stuff, I have completed a commission and have a video coming out in 2 weekends. a few new tricks, new chassis update. and in this video i will go into more detail about its assembly

also have a surprise guest..

I haven't been active here much because of my real job. this is the largest structure ive built in my life.. i should be done in 3 weeks, and ill be back to normal here.

9v v2.jpg

got another one in the works for a "certain" guy here.. ill keep you all posted ;)

and as always, thanks for the support guys, really appreciate you all

if Trent's a bully, he's doing a real poor job at it... Guy has done so much for this place, you have no idea how much he helped me out 2 years ago... never met the guy in person but he's my best friend. and this community is what brought us together..

To keep this thread rolling about V2 stuff, I have completed a commission and have a video coming out in 2 weekends. a few new tricks, new chassis update. and in this video i will go into more detail about its assembly

also have a surprise guest..

I haven't been active here much because of my real job. this is the largest structure ive built in my life.. i should be done in 3 weeks, and ill be back to normal here.

View attachment 1054944

got another one in the works for a "certain" guy here.. ill keep you all posted ;)

and as always, thanks for the support guys, really appreciate you all
Dude that’s killer. Can’t wait to see more.

Dude that’s killer. Can’t wait to see more.

thanks man, couldn't have done it with out ya. you took all those hours teaching me how to use tinkercad, you helped me find the right printer. seriously this would have never gotten to this level with out ya...

before the printer i was making my motor mounts out of machined PVC plumbing parts!! LOL

your not gonna believe who requested the next commission!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back