40" 1/2 ISD scratchbuilt [Painted !] updates 10/21

Re: 40" 1/2 ISD scratchbuilt [let's paint her !] updates 09/29

Wow thanks ! :D

I should add a very thin layer of white ?
What you think guys ?
I will see once the model is fully painted !

Julien, I think the comparisons are meaningless because of different lighting, monitor adjustments and so forth.

If your gut tells you it's ok, then it probably is.

I think it's just fine.

Me too, if you put some bright studio lights on that baby, it's gonna look alot whiter. I wouldn't do much to it. It looks too fantastic as is. :)

^ yup. Unless you can arrange to take it to the exhibit and compare side by side, you'll never know if the lighting is the same between any two pics. Your work already looks awesome.

I think it looks good. "imagining" what the light color would do to your paint I think its reasonably close. Certainly close enough that repainting would seem a bit silly to me. Like what has been said unless you get them in the same light we'll never know for sure. Even placing yours under studio lights and comparing to the screen ship doesn't work since I'm pretty positive there was some "color correction" done to the SFX shots anyway.

Your ship looks great - enjoy it!

Jedi Dade

Thanks guys, I will follow the advice, I will let it like that, I dont want to ruin it now... :wacko

Hello guys, some new pics of my ISD on my website :
http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer10.html
http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer11.html
http://ombresdesang.info/stardestroyer12.html
It's not finished though. I have to do the engine bells, add some details on the engine back, on the domes, build bracket to hold the upper hull and draw all the lines with a pencil ! But it will go to the exhibit as it is on the pics.
Hope you like !

Last edited:
Agreed - It does look spectacular. However I noticed what appears to be a spot where your details are not really present - are you working on this area? Right at the tip pf the nose of the ship along the trenches there seems to be some missing greeblies.

attachment.php

Jedi Dade

Thanks guys :)

Yep this part is done (you can see it in some of my previous pics, mainly when it was unpainted). It's a separate part :

ISD183.jpg

As I said, it's not finished yet, I have all the right brim trench to do, and add more details on the engine area ! :D

You have a good eye Frank ! :D

I also forget to put the guns in place when I took the pics :(

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back