mothman

​Hi everyone just wanted to share my latest CHEAP TOY ,CHEAP PAINT RE-SPRAY.
if anyone has any question please let me know:)
cap phasma JOHN HORMAZA.jpg
cp detail.JPGphoto (3).JPG

Last edited:
Thanks everyone first a base of super glossy black, then airbrushed spaz stix chrome paint in overlapping coats, light then heavy let it dry, it leaves a foggy dusty look, then wipe and buff with a microfiber the bam!

Attachments

• cp detail.JPG
    cp detail.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 328
Last edited:
What he said, please. Only I'm not on my iPhone or using Tapatalk. ;)

David
Thanks everyone first a base of super glossy black, then airbrushed spaz stix chrome paint in overlapping coats, light then heavy let it dry, it leaves a foggy dusty look, then wipe and buff with a microfiber the bam!

thanks!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone first a base of super glossy black, then airbrushed spaz stix chrome paint in overlapping coats, light then heavy let it dry, it leaves a foggy dusty look, then wipe and buff with a microfiber then bam!

That paint looks incredible! How does it hold up to handling? I saw that Spaz Stix makes a clear as well - do you know if it dulls the finish?

That paint looks incredible! How does it hold up to handling? I saw that Spaz Stix makes a clear as well - do you know if it dulls the finish?

seems ok, I had it in my hand the whole time I was painting the black bits back on and within a few hours of spraying the chrome, it was fine, fingerprints wiped right off, from what I was reading the clear they sell works, but it has to be a thin coat cause it will start to dull with the more layers you apply , but in this case I opted not to clear it

Last edited:
I have been looking at chrome paints and sprays and all manner of things for my eventual phasma helmet and everything i saw always came back to spaz stix. This will def be the first route I try.

Id love to try the chemical chrome water sprays but they are hella expensive.

Great job ! makes me want to buy this figure and do the same !

Looks awesome, thats what I was going to do. I bought two of them. One to redo like that.

Awesome I love it now! at first i was on the fence about buying it, but earlier i did something similar with the jumbo x-wing (which i'll post soon) both have "good bones" the cape I touched up with red acrylic the make it more bold, and trimmed some of the bear shoulder part of it so it hung off it better. Good luck with yours :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back