So I bought a Vintage Star Wars lot...

Jennigirl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As the title says I just bought a decent vintage Star Wars toy lot. It gets shipped tomorrow. The catcher is that all the standard figures are still sealed on card, the 3 that aren't (Luke 12", Leia 12", and the Landspeeder)are new open box, meaning the boxes are opened, and or damaged, but the toys were unplayed with, and complete with accessories.
You'll never guess how much they cost me.
Edit: I'll take plenty of updated pics when they arrive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_134819_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_134819_Facebook.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20231203_202857_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_202857_Messenger.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20231203_202735_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_202735_Messages.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20231203_200647_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_200647_Messages.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20231202_164059_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_164059_Messenger.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20231202_164117_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_164117_Messenger.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20231202_164111_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_164111_Messenger.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20231202_163817_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_163817_Messenger.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20231128_134835_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_134835_Facebook.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Ah, I got it. This is why I use Paypal for any transactions not on Ebay, Etsy or Mercari; I'd rather have some recourse in case I get rooked.

Not really a big fan of FB's "marketplace" to be honest.
Yeah thankfully I used paypal to pay for it. I really hope the guy actually ships it. His story was it was stuff found in his fiance's deceased fathers trailer, and that he owned a toy store.

Yeah thankfully I used paypal to pay for it. I really hope the guy actually ships it. His story was it was stuff found in his fiance's deceased fathers trailer, and that he owned a toy store.
Awesome; I also hope he ships the stuff as well. But at least you have PP protection in case anything goes sideways.

Awesome; I also hope he ships the stuff as well. But at least you have PP protection in case anything goes sideways.
Yeah. I paid a total of $225 for it all. Not that I purposely low balled the guy, I didn't know the exact value of them when I initally offered him that price. Honestly that $225 came out of my car repair fund so I didn't really have much to offer in the first place.
He also didn't know what they were worth, and was asking super cheap prices for them.

Update! After not hearing back from the seller since Sunday Dec 3rd, I have sent him a message giving him an ultimatum.
He has until friday to either provide me with a picture of the shipping receipt including a tracking number, or to fully refund the $225 I paid him, or I will dispute the charges as purchases unreceived. I will let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231206_141230_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_141230_Messages.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Update! After not hearing back from the seller since Sunday Dec 3rd, I have sent him a message giving him an ultimatum.
He has until friday to either provide me with a picture of the shipping receipt including a tracking number, or to fully refund the $225 I paid him, or I will dispute the charges as purchases unreceived. I will let you know how it goes.
I really hope you get your items, Jennigirl. I utterly despise when folks get ripped off!!! :mad:

Thanks me too. Luckily i have all our conversations saved. It's really too bad as I had planned to eventually get them graded.
If he falls through on this, I would also report him to Facebook, as well as warn people. No one needs a cheat and scammer running around trying to rook people over.

If he falls through on this, I would also report him to Facebook, as well as warn people. No one needs a cheat and scammer running around trying to rook people over.
I plan on it. I will copy and post all of the conversations with him that show he repeatedly ghosted me after telling me he would ship the following day.

What a pity! From years of experience I can tell you, if it looks too good to be true, then it is. Someone posting on the fb market place not being able to check forums or ebay to find out what an item might cost? The items I dare to make an educated guess would be around 2K USD and probably more.
May I advise you to not wait until tomorrow but immediately file a claim with Paypal? And call the sheriffs office near his home adress, if that adress really exists.
You won´t get the action figures. The signs point to scam. Grab and run. Maybe a stolen FB account? Does he have friends and relatives in his profile? Contact them and tell them that you are worried because he did not reply back etc. Make a fuss about this, pull all stops, hit swift and hard.
Good luck!!!

What a pity! From years of experience I can tell you, if it looks too good to be true, then it is. Someone posting on the fb market place not being able to check forums or ebay to find out what an item might cost? The items I dare to make an educated guess would be around 2K USD and probably more.
May I advise you to not wait until tomorrow but immediately file a claim with Paypal? And call the sheriffs office near his home adress, if that adress really exists.
You won´t get the action figures. The signs point to scam. Grab and run. Maybe a stolen FB account? Does he have friends and relatives in his profile? Contact them and tell them that you are worried because he did not reply back etc. Make a fuss about this, pull all stops, hit swift and hard.
Good luck!!!
On the phone with paypal now filing the dispute.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back