The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

Don't forget to wear a thick leather collar! Uncomfortable as hell, but it works for vampire slayers, too.

Some sort of neck armor wouldn't be a bad idea but definitely secondary to arm and leg armor since those are the places you're most likely to get bit, that and a good pair of gloves.

Some sort of neck armor wouldn't be a bad idea but definitely secondary to arm and leg armor since those are the places you're most likely to get bit, that and a good pair of gloves.

I'm thinking about those sneaky ones who come up from behind and tear your neck out.

So anybody think that the season premiere will not reveal who died? That it will be dragged out over several episodes until they do the big reveal. Just seems like something they would do since they love to drag stuff out on this show.

I thought it was pretty good. The bad thing is that the writers had them drink a giant mug of stupid all of this season. Like someone said, they were making a lot of rookie mistakes that survivors at this point wouldn't make. I think they did a great job of making the audience feel like they are totally screwed now.

Did anyone else notice Trevor from GTA V?

I think what irritates me so much is all season we've been hearing about the build up to this. Even how the cast reacted to the actual deed being done.

Now we see it was a cliffhanger and according to the creators they filmed the final hit with just him in front of the camera. So all this stuff we've been hearing this season was basicly a bunch of BS.

Pathetic. I totally get why the views are peeved.

-Gary

This was entirely fine.

The thing that would **** me off, that the show has been known to do, is cop out with a time jump. I don't think they'll do that because anyone who read the comics deserves to see this scene unfold. BUT it is not beyond them to skip to the moments right after this scene, and it would **** me off royally if we didn't get to see one of the cast members have their head smashed in with Lucille.

I also hope they have the balls to do something genuinely impactful. If they killed Abraham or Eugene, I'd consider that a cop out. I want them to off a fan-favorite. I want to see Glenn, Maggie, or Daryl go. Anybody else is a waste of this scene.

Guess it'll be Enid, then :)

Actually, there could be a theory there...why have possibly the most pointless 'C' character on the show waste five minutes of airtime pursuading Coral to let her go unless she's going to be home run?

my guess would be capt mullet..eugene gets the bat.
its been foreshadowed in a couple different ways.
1) he was always trying to show how brave he can be
2) he's bonded with abe which will make abe hulk out at the site of him being beaten to death= "good tv" from a producer's stand point
3) he gave rick the recipe for making gunpowder/bullets which was basically the only worth he had left to the group.

anyone else agree!?!?!?

I thought it was pretty good. The bad thing is that the writers had them drink a giant mug of stupid all of this season. Like someone said, they were making a lot of rookie mistakes that survivors at this point wouldn't make. I think they did a great job of making the audience feel like they are totally screwed now.

Did anyone else notice Trevor from GTA V?

YES!!! As soon as I saw him I was like: Is that...? Holy crap, it is him!

Agree with you about the rookie mistakes as well. Stupid Glenn, how many times has he been captured now? When they were tromping through the woods making all that noise and also constantly stopping out in the open to have long loud drawn out personal overly dramatic monologues... facepalmy.

So anybody think that the season premiere will not reveal who died? That it will be dragged out over several episodes until they do the big reveal. Just seems like something they would do since they love to drag stuff out on this show.

I'm thinking the season will open with the crew still looking at the bloody remnants of their friend. And trying to pull themselves together.

I'm thinking the season will open with the crew still looking at the bloody remnants of their friend. And trying to pull themselves together.

I hope it opens in the same moment the finale cut to POV but from a different angle, giving us the ACTUAL scene. Cut that with various reaction shots, Rick's defeated/angry face, tears, smushing sounds. This backlash needs to mean something to AMC, and fans want to see this moment done right. That said, I wouldn't put it past the writers to just have a time jump, or to show a parallel timeline of Enid trapped in the closet like people are saying. They love love love stringing people along, and they've always found "great" :sick ways of doing it.

For the season 7 premiere I can see everyone back at Alexandria, Rick and the gang going through the motions, getting their deliveries ready for Negan, you can tell this has been going on for months now. Then you have a handful of the people not shown that were there with Rick and company. The viewer will then have to narrow it down to 3 or 4 potential victims that could have died and then you see Rick or someone at the end at the gravesite of THE character that died. OH! Shocker! As you can tell I have zero hopes for anything exciting from the season 7 Premiere.

This show was so great when it first came on but man I just watch it out of habit now. The bad thing about the finale, I can honestly say I do not care who dies! The characters have acted so silly that ALL of them should face the wrath of the Bat!

Last edited:
You know what got me out of the habit of watching?

The mid-season breaks they do. Particularly given how this show deals with such breaks, it totally killed whatever waning interest I maintained in the show. Trust me. When the show comes back, you can probably ignore it and just read recaps and it'll be every bit as satisfying as sitting down to watch it. Maybe moreso because you won't be wasting an hour of your life watching something that ultimately leaves you unsatisfied or dissatisfied.

Life is way too short and there are way too many great shows out there to waste your time watching stuff "out of habit" anymore.

I hope it opens in the same moment the finale cut to POV but from a different angle, giving us the ACTUAL scene. Cut that with various reaction shots, Rick's defeated/angry face, tears, smushing sounds. This backlash needs to mean something to AMC, and fans want to see this moment done right. That said, I wouldn't put it past the writers to just have a time jump, or to show a parallel timeline of Enid trapped in the closet like people are saying. They love love love stringing people along, and they've always found "great" :sick ways of doing it.

Scott Gimple pretty much said that's how it would go. The next season will start with the scene as seen by others. There is no time jump. There is no dream or fake out. The character death will basically set up the story for the everything following. Much like Ned's death on Game of Thrones being the lynchpin for everything that followed

You know what got me out of the habit of watching?

The mid-season breaks they do. Particularly given how this show deals with such breaks, it totally killed whatever waning interest I maintained in the show. Trust me. When the show comes back, you can probably ignore it and just read recaps and it'll be every bit as satisfying as sitting down to watch it. Maybe moreso because you won't be wasting an hour of your life watching something that ultimately leaves you unsatisfied or dissatisfied.

Life is way too short and there are way too many great shows out there to waste your time watching stuff "out of habit" anymore.

Well, mid-season breaks beats the typical network method of airing a show by showing you episodes off and on, esp. during the beginning of the season. To me there's nothing worse than when they show you a decent couple of episodes with the last having something of a cliffhanger only to find that there's no new episode for the next 2 weeks. Then when they do air the next episode it's the only one before another week off and so on. Now, that, to me, is a real momentum breaker.

Well, mid-season breaks beats the typical network method of airing a show by showing you episodes off and on, esp. during the beginning of the season. To me there's nothing worse than when they show you a decent couple of episodes with the last having something of a cliffhanger only to find that there's no new episode for the next 2 weeks. Then when they do air the next episode it's the only one before another week off and so on. Now, that, to me, is a real momentum breaker.

Yeah, other shows (e.g. Agents of SHIELD) handle mid-season breaks better. TWD, though, regularly likes to jerk its audience around. That's the real problem.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back