WHAT IF...? Season 2!

I'm in to watch the Guardians of the Galaxy episode. There rest is not of interest.
I guess TECHNICALLY there would be three, based on what you'd consider GotG. There's the one set in the 80's titled "What If Peter Quill Attacked Earth?", "What If Nebula Joined The Nova Corps?", "What If Tony Stark Crashed Into The Grandmaster?". That last one is the episode that focuses on Tony & Gamora that was supposed to air last season, but was pushed back to this one. We saw the aftermath in the finale from last season when The Watcher recruited Gamora.

I guess TECHNICALLY there would be three, based on what you'd consider GotG. There's the one set in the 80's titled "What If Peter Quill Attacked Earth?", "What If Nebula Joined The Nova Corps?", "What If Tony Stark Crashed Into The Grandmaster?". That last one is the episode that focuses on Tony & Gamora that was supposed to air last season, but was pushed back to this one. We saw the aftermath in the finale from last season when The Watcher recruited Gamora.
Good to know. :)

I hope this season is less dark/horror-esque. I used to enjoy reading the original comic series for the alternate universe tales which varied in tone from story to story. Season one of the animated show had too much of a dark tone overall for me.

As far as this trailer, it sounds like they're using Michael Douglas for Ant Man, which I understand as he's the original in the MCU, but his voice is older sounding than what you'd expect from the younger look of the animated character.
I guess the premise of the episode is, "What if Hank Pym had an old man's voice in a young man's body?"

I thoroughly enjoyed series 1 and of the 7 episodes released of series 2 so far, have all been fantastic.
I think it was a clever strategy for series 2, it's been a real treat to have a new story every day to enjoy over the holidays

Last edited:
Seen up to ep 6 so far, enjoying it!
Just one nit: early in Ep 5, Carter and Fury talk about how she wasn't "debriefed" about something. Based on context, they really mean "briefed."
How does that get through so many phases of the production process and past so many people?

Watched ep7, liked that one, too.

Another nit: I thought Karen Gillan's voice performance in Ep. 1 was lacking. It's like she was too aware of the Noir theme, and tried too hard to be all breathy and quiet and cool. It was very out of place in some scenes (one character speaking loud-ish from across a room and her whispering in response), and rather one-note and uninteresting.

The 1602 episode was interesting but not necessarily my favourite of the this series. I think this is why the show works so well, you can take risks and still tell an interesting story that doesn't then have to be committed to for another 5 episodes.
I also found it surprising how much story they can get into a 30 minute runtime, they flyby but I never feel short changed.
I hear there is a preview for a 3rd series but I want to watch the final episode before watching any trailers just in case there is a spoiler.
Excelsior!

The 1602 episode was interesting but not necessarily my favourite of the this series. I think this is why the show works so well, you can take risks and still tell an interesting story that doesn't then have to be committed to for another 5 episodes.
I also found it surprising how much story they can get into a 30 minute runtime, they flyby but I never feel short changed.
I hear there is a preview for a 3rd series but I want to watch the final episode before watching any trailers just in case there is a spoiler.
Excelsior!
Totally agree.

I watched the 3 minute preview. It spoils nothing & got me hyped for a 'new' established character. Nothing to do with this season at all.

my new fave stark ai

wernerherzog_2-1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back